*RUMORED* Bad News For Wolverine And The X-men Season 2

I do like that Wolverine image you have posted there. :)

This is worse than when we lost MYP He-Man.
I'm still more heartbroken over losing MYP He-Man than W&TXM, and we lost MYP He-Man six years ago. He-Man doesn't have half the selling power of the X-Men, Hell He-Man doesn't have a quarter of the selling power of the X-Men. That we got 39 episodes of MYP He-Man at all was a miracle unto itself (at least it didn't end on a cliffhanger). He-Man will probably never get another series with that much integrity again, and don't say "he might if the *rumored* movie does well" because we all know the rumored He-Man film will never get made. And even if it does, it'll probably turn He-Man into an emo pop star living on Earth with Skeletor as his goth rock rival and Orko as a drug dealing pimp or something.

X-Men, on the other hand, will probably have a new cartoon in about two years, maybe three. The mutants won't be MIA for long. Their presence in animation is 2nd only to Batman at this point.

^^Me too.:yay:

Also, i read over a Xmenfilms.net that the X-Men will be appearing in the upcoming Black Panther animated series. So that's something to look forward to i guess in the mean time.

whens black panther coming out? I totally forgot about it, it seems like its been ages since I last heard news about this...lol...cool that the X-men will be appearing...

The Black Panther series aired all of its six episodes in Australia earlier this year.

The series made its premiere in North America this past Wednesday, albeit online. The six episodes of the series have been split in half and will be released on a weekly basis for the next 12 weeks through iTunes, Xbox Live, PlayStation Network and Zune.

If you don't want to purchase each individual episode then you can wait for the complete DVD set, which is expected to be released later this year through Shout! Factory.

You know, it occurs to me how frustrating it was to watch Spectacular Spider-Man and Wolverine and the X-Men get airdates in every other country long before they aired in the US. Those of us who couldn't wait that long would track the episodes down online and watch them that way, and so catching the eps when they finally appeared on TV no longer became a priority. So that, to me, seems to reduce the viewership of the shows when they finally air on US TV, since a lot of die-hard US fans have already seen them long ago, and that in turn skews the ratings. I mean, I've never figured out why my super-heroes can't be shown in the U.S. first, or at least at the same time as everywhere else. Why is that?

The cynic in me thinks that other countries appreciate Western animation more than North America does, or at least have saner network executives. The people behind scheduling decisions underestimate this wonky thing called "the internet", even though for many cable stations, the loss of even 100,000 viewers can be major.

Although to be honest, what is more frustrating to me about TSSM and W&TXM is the idea that Marvel's animation department has revealed a disturbing lack of patience with any of their recent properties. No animated program has lasted beyond 26 episodes since 2003, and they've had three series since then. They've revealed a tendency to cancel shows that still have potential in the cradle for all sorts of internal reasons that make little sense to a consumer. The problem is it gets hard to have faith in a newer show. Who's to say AVENGERS: EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES will get any patience, either? If the ratings are less than stellar, will all 52 episodes still air? Will the Ellis X-MEN air anywhere or be a direct to video? And so on.

The demise of W&TXM shows that a show can be a ratings success and still be canceled for whatever internal reasons that are going on at Marvel with Disney calling the shots. As in, being a success isn't enough to have patience in a TV cartoon if corporate has other plans.

Last edited:
To follow-up on my earlier post, here's some screencaps I found on the internet of the X-Men on the Black Panther series:

2zflxe9.jpg

63bca2d477771ff92e879b9988aa6101.jpg

blackpanther_ep02c.jpg

34739_black_panther2.flv_000987440_122_20lo.jpg

34740_black_panther3.flv_000898480_122_41lo.jpg

blackpanther_ep02b.jpg

Not so bad. I like how Wolverine's mask actually looks like a mask, not something yellow painted over his head. Although I wonder how his claws are seemingly puncturing Juggernaut's hand.

The funny thing? Storm might do more in this X-Men guest appearance in BLACK PANTHER than she did in 26 episodes of WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN. :o

Storm hardly even appears in the black panther cartoon.
How have people not seen it yet?
It's been out for so long.

Do your research before you call troll.
Not everybody lives in America.
The entire series aired six months ago on abc3 in australia.
Before you say "but how were we meant to know about a show that didn't air here?", I'll remind you that that never stopped British and Australian people from watching and knowing about shows like Dexter, Deadwood and The Wire that took years before they aired in countries other than America.

EDIT: Sorry, accidentally double-posted thanks to my slow connection.

Last edited:
SEE?! SEE?! That's exactly what I'm talking about!! Why do the Brits and the Aussies get to see this stuff before we do?!!

I think the reason is that no one wanted to pick up this show because it looked like **** and not like something any network would want to broadcast. The show is barely even animated. I like Black Panther but this show was a waste of time and resources.

I think Reginald Hudlin worked on it, so it figures.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/1-Million-to-save-WOLVERINE-AND-THE-X-MEN/133410150020743?ref=ts

10,000 to save Wolverine and the X-men has now restarted and is now 1,000,000 to save WaTXM.

Do your research before you call troll.
Not everybody lives in America.
The entire series aired six months ago on abc3 in australia.
Before you say "but how were we meant to know about a show that didn't air here?", I'll remind you that that never stopped British and Australian people from watching and knowing about shows like Dexter, Deadwood and The Wire that took years before they aired in countries other than America.

it was your questioning of why hasn't anyone seen it yet, it's been out for so long that made you out to look like a troll; assuming we all live where you live

those images "akfj" posted is the most we here in America have gotten

and I apologize on behalf of my assumption

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"