Season 6, Episode 10 "The Winds of Winter" Discussion Thread - Part 1

There's this theory that Benjen is actually in cahoots with the Night's King sending Bran to the wall so the army of undead can get through.

But don't quote me on that...

There's this theory that Benjen is actually in cahoots with the Night's King sending Bran to the wall so the army of undead can get through.

It makes sense in a way haha.

you know what's ****ed up... Benjen took the horse. How the **** is meera supposed to Hodor that wheel barrel

Season 1 aired April 2011 - June 2011. It's only 5 years ago.
Nope. We're in season 6 now. 6 -1 = .....6 :yay:

On another note, did I miss it or did Bran not say anything about Hodor's death? He is the reason Hodor became Hodor and he warged Hodor so he would hold the door. If Bran didn't even acknowledge his death or show some remorse or gratitude that makes him seem like a dick.

Not to mention unless I'm mistaken he seemed to not give a tinker's damn that his direwolf died.

Show Bran is a heartless bastard.:argh:
He did so much bad in a short space of time that there wasn't even time to think and be sorry about every F up individually. He wiped out an ancient race, his loyal lifelong pet, the 3ER, simultaneously ruined the life off and killed his loyal lifelong servant, all while putting the whole GoT Human race at risk because he got a bit bored.

Season 1 aired April 2011 - June 2011. It's only 5 years ago.

On another note, did I miss it or did Bran not say anything about Hodor's death? He is the reason Hodor became Hodor and he warged Hodor so he would hold the door. If Bran didn't even acknowledge his death or show some remorse or gratitude that makes him seem like a dick.

Not to mention unless I'm mistaken he seemed to not give a tinker's damn that his direwolf died.

Show Bran is a heartless bastard.:argh:

Everyone goes on about how brave and heroic Hodor was for holding the door, but they seem to forget he didn't have a choice in the matter. Yes, Meera kept telling him to hold the door, but it was Bran warging into him that did it.

maybe... there's also the argument that grown hodor did it himself and it all just clicked for him :o

They're saving Miguel Sapochnik for season 8...hopefully.

I will file that away with the theory that LittleJon Umber was planning to betray Ramsay Bolton all along and that Sansa Stark is pregnant. Right next to all the other tinfoil hat conspiracies.

I heard they are saving heavy hitters Miguel Sapochnik and Danny Boyle for the final season.

Miguel needs to direct the inevitable human/white walker battle.

I will file that away with the theory that LittleJon Umber was planning to betray Ramsay Bolton all along and that Sansa Stark is pregnant. Right next to all the other tinfoil hat conspiracies.

I still don't understand why LittleJon Umber did not switch side during the battle since he chose not to bend the knee to Ramsey Bolton. What was the point, anyway?

SPOILERS ALERT

Btw, this episode actually edges out Battle of the Bastards for me, although both episodes are incredible. I'm still peeved that Margaery Tyrell died in this finale though; I really thought that when she told her grandma to leave King's Landing, she had a plan to outwit both Cersei and High Sparrow. Now it seems to be meaningless. I'm going to miss Natalie Dormer in Game of Thrones.

Last edited:
Miguel needs to direct the inevitable human/white walker battle.

I've been thinking there's a possibility for 2 major set piece battles fitting that description before we even get a final battle in that war: The Wall and Winterfell. A lot of people expect the Wall to fall some other way, but I think there will be some gravitas to its defeat, and then we'll have the dead storming Winterfell.

There's actually a pretty good amount of fun to be had with more mundane tactics to use against the wights and Walkers before the dragons show up; boiling oil and flaming arrows should be able to do major damage to any massed wight formation...provided you can keep the fire going against Walker attacks.

Sure, bring it on. I'm all for several human/wight battles. One thing I'm curious about is exactly how many white walkers there actually are. I'm not sure if there's a whole army of them or if there are only a few and the bulk of their forces are dead people. Anyone know for sure?

Sure, bring it on. I'm all for several human/wight battles. One thing I'm curious about is exactly how many white walkers there actually are. I'm not sure if there's a whole army of them or if there are only a few and the bulk of their forces are dead people. Anyone know for sure?

I think there's only as many White Walkers as Craster's wives/daughters could produce a son. The Wights consist of potentially every dead Wildling and Brother of the Knights Watch.

Jon, Meera and Sam have killed a White Walker each so that's three down!

If the White Walkers go beyond the Wall are there any of the dead characters you'd be happy to see reanimated as a Wight? I'm assuming headless (Ned Stark) and disintegrated (Margaery Tyrell) wouldn't be brought back for obvious reasons.

I'm still peeved that Margaery Tyrell died in this finale though; I really thought that when she told her grandma to leave King's Landing, she had a plan to outwit both Cersei and High Sparrow. Now it seems to be meaningless.
Well she did manage to save her at least. Now Olenna can have her payback.

I still don't understand why LittleJon Umber did not switch side during the battle since he chose not to bend the knee to Ramsey Bolton. What was the point, anyway?

He joined Ramsay so he could have allies against Jon's wildling army.

I was hoping the situation with the wights would be an after the apocalypse thing for Danaerys and Jon. Like, we get a montage of the wights sweeping across the Seven Kingdoms, then cut to the snow-laden ruins of civilization.

Apparently the directors fot season 7 have been anounced.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/29/game-of-thrones-directors-for-season-7-announced

The good:
Alan Taylor is back!!!

The bad:
Where the f*** is Miguel Sapochnik????!!!!!???:cmad::cmad::cmad::cmad:

I hope Jack Bender comes back. The "Hold the door" sequence was one of the best directed and edited the show's ever had. It managed to take an idea that could've easily been laughable on the page and turned it into the most tragic turn in the series.

I hope Jack Bender comes back. The "Hold the door" sequence was one of the best directed and edited the show's ever had. It managed to take an idea that could've easily been laughable on the page and turned it into the most tragic turn in the series.

lolwut

To me it is. There have certainly been horrible events that have had larger and more lasting impacts on the whole story but I don't think any single character has been as thoroughly and existentially ruined as Hodor. He had his whole life screwed.

i dont know... its bad yea... but i don't find myself 'struggling' to watch it like the RW... seeing Talisas pregnant self being stabbed was just... beyond me.

The Red Wedding was a horrible event, but to compare Talisa with Hodor, she'd have to have more or less prophesized her brutal death at a young age, been scarred by it in such a way that she couldn't even communicate what the f*** happened to her and then when it comes, be like "Well s***, I guess I should've seen this coming."

In all, Talisa probably got a worse end, but her end didn't cast a shadow over her whole life like Hodor's did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"