• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Secret Avengers

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah but Marvel should really be going out of there way to make it easier for me to manage my pull list 3 months in advanced instead of hyping their Avenger relaunch. who do they think they are!:woot: Just wait till DC starts with their I'm a Brightest Day solicits

Sadly, DC has me piqued...which is more than they have done in the last few years.

I read Superman out of my love of the character, but man, do I hate the New Krypton story so very much.

Really I'm loving New Krypton. Supergirl has been great too

Ditto. Going back to fuzzy blue ape Beast would be too predictable. Have him go all the way back to human and suddenly he loses the deep sorrow he was portrayed as having in Whedon's AXM and other places because of his appearance, along with his feelings of intellectual inadequacy for both being the cause of it and lacking the ability to cure it. That's a seismic shift for the character that could lead to some interesting stories.

You know, if he doesn't just become another face in the X-crowd after SWORD goes. :o
I think they keep him from going back to his human form bc that look is very generic. He didnt really stand out and get a definitive look till he got the blue fur

I do wish we could go back to this:

beastd.jpg

I still have no idea why they felt the need to change him from that. :(

This pic is almost the exact same position as the darkened out character.

I think they keep him from going back to his human form bc that look is very generic. He didnt really stand out and get a definitive look till he got the blue fur
True, but at this point going back to human would be more of a visual shocker because Beast is now automatically thought of as blue and furry.

Yeah, Beast and Angel were pretty boring until the latter developments in their lives and powers and mutations came along.

I haven't read many early X-Men comics, so I don't know if he was as funny before turning blue as he was after, but Beast's sense of humor always made him stand out to me. I don't care whether he's blue, gray, white, or purple so much as I care whether he's witty. That's why I was so disappointed with him for the past few years and why SWORD seemed like the perfect escape from the doom and gloom of the X-Men's world for him.

Honestly, the only current X Writer that forgot Beast is witty is Fraction. Ellis/Whedon both had him making with the witty in Astonishing.

Honestly, the only current X Writer that forgot Beast is witty is Fraction. Ellis/Whedon both had him making with the witty in Astonishing.

I some what agree. Fraction got Beast just not all of him. He got the out going scientist part with him form the science team and everything, but couldn't really do anything light with Beast other than make him say "oh my stars and garters"

I haven't read many early X-Men comics, so I don't know if he was as funny before turning blue as he was after, but Beast's sense of humor always made him stand out to me. I don't care whether he's blue, gray, white, or purple so much as I care whether he's witty. That's why I was so disappointed with him for the past few years and why SWORD seemed like the perfect escape from the doom and gloom of the X-Men's world for him.

Don't let them fool you, his signature humor was there. Angel didn't have much of a personality beyond pretty boy rich guy, but Beast was all beast other than blue and fuzzy.

Don't let them fool you, his signature humor was there. Angel didn't have much of a personality beyond pretty boy rich guy, but Beast was all beast other than blue and fuzzy.
His appearance is what made him lame to me, when I hear the name Beast, I expect what we have today, not a human looking guy with the powers of a ''beast". The blue/grey made him more intriguing and marketable.

Yea, I do agree there. They would throw a whole generation of comic readers off if they tried to completely revert him back to human.

I'd be inclined to agree if not for one thing: Ultimate X-Men. Beast stayed human there and he was a perfectly fine character. Granted, he got killed off, but who in the Ultimate universe hasn't at this point? ;)

Beast was pretty funny and great when he was in human form when X-factor began. But that was just a plot device to give him a secret identity. Once he no longer needed one, he got the fur back

I'd be inclined to agree if not for one thing: Ultimate X-Men. Beast stayed human there and he was a perfectly fine character. Granted, he got killed off, but who in the Ultimate universe hasn't at this point?
He did not stay human looknig there. He was human for the first arc when the team was being formed. He was turned blue and furry by the second story. He stayed that way until he was brought back from the dead towards the end of the series, only to be killed off again

Last edited:
Really? I thought he stayed human. But I only read the first few issues. Lame. :csad:

Really? I thought he stayed human. But I only read the first few issues. Lame. :csad:
yeah the Weapon X arc changed him up. He was reverted back towards the end but it didnt really matter bc he became a victim of Ultimatum

Oh, Deodato. Will you ever find out what a real woman looks like? :awesome:

I wouldn't be surprised though if they were tricking us, and it's a man with his arms folded. Like...Justice maybe.

Some have theorized the second image is Wanda or Moon Knight. I'm not sure why it would be Taskmaster, he isn't usually on the side of angels, even when he pretends to be. He's out for Number 1.

BUt in the heroic age he might be on the side of angels considering he pretty publicly sided with Norman (because he was in charge) and needs to play his cards right. And before deciding to go gung-ho on Norman's side (because he thought Norman was here to stay), he seemed like he wanted quits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"