All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 73

Status
Not open for further replies.
He isnt.People who have gone to the screening confirmed it but they are all apparently cool with it because it was executed well in the movie.Howver the poster that revealed the twist hates it

Who is the poster? What's their name?

It doesn't bother me if
Superman kills if its for the greater good or he literally has no choice. Now if he is just roasting people with heat vision or punching people in the chest and ripping their hearts out for no reason then I would be mad ha. And lets not forget Batman did kill some no name henchmen in the climax of Dark Knight Rises lol.
SPOILER TAG THAT THING!
As for Nolan's Batman, he's the most preachy with
his no-kill code, yet causes death in every movie.

It doesn't bother me if Superman kills if its for the greater good or he literally has no choice. Now if he is just roasting people with heat vision or punching people in the chest and ripping their hearts out for no reason then I would be mad ha. And lets not forget Batman did kill some no name henchmen in the climax of Dark Knight Rises lol.
Which part was this? Bats did alot of killing in those films. Or at least 'allowing them to die'. :rolleyes:

Who is the poster? What's their name?

(Zod: "Who is this imbecile?" :p lol...idk why reading that reminded me of when he said that in Superman 2. lol :) )

His name is WilliamMcGuire.

No.The biggest single thing is that the movie doesn't really let Superman go and be Superman, there's very little that makes me smile in this film. Strange, for such a positive character. It's basically EVERYTHING YOU KNOW IS WRONG: THE MOVIE. This film also made me realize how essential Clark and the planet was to the tone of classic Superman. Without Clark, everyone at the planet is a cipher.

Last edited:
I missed out on the free tickets for June 12th :( so freaking gutted. Sky put them on sale at 3pm I was at work. What a stupid time :csad:

He isnt.People who have gone to the screening confirmed it but they are all apparently cool with it because it was executed well in the movie.Howver the poster that revealed the twist hates it

If it is true that...
Zod is killed by Superman that way, I say wait and see. There is a possibility that it could work in context. People made a big stink about the "cafe" ending in TDKR but I felt it was a great way to end the film (I started crying when I saw it, even though I knew it was coming). If this is how Superman comes up with his "no killing" rule, worrying about the implications that come with it. It could also motivate a sequel where some people *cough*LUTHOR*cough* might see him as a threat to Earth, should he go rogue. Add to that someone to tempt him away from Earth, say Brainiac in his Collector of Worlds role, and you have a potentially excellent story arch.

Phew, just in time. Because that spoiler behind every spoiler tag is threatening to turn this place ugly, hopefully our two hype champions, going forth unto their screening tonight, can settle and calm a few things down.

Which part was this? Bats did alot of killing in those films. Or at least 'allowing them to die'. :rolleyes:

At the end of Rises when he is chasing Talia in the Bat and starts shooting at her while she is in a tumbler with a no named henchman driving. The henchmen gets hit by Bats line of fire and dies. I was laughing my butt off when I saw it in theaters.

iblvdPEFFuVgyh.gif

What is that surrounding him as he's flying? Is that him just cutting through the air or something? It's almost like there's an aura around him, if you will. Hopefully that makes sense. Especially in the lower right portion of his body you can see a yellowish glow or something. I wonder what that's all about?

^^ Could also use if for Luthor, knowing Superman, trying to bait him into killing again even though he knows he won't just to irritate and torment him.

^^ Could also use if for Luthor, knowing Superman, trying to bait him into killing again even though he knows he won't just to irritate and torment him.

I FULLY expect this to happen.This is Lex-Gold:woot:

What is that surrounding him as he's flying? Is that him just cutting through the air or something? It's almost like there's an aura around him, if you will. Hopefully that makes sense. Especially in the lower right portion of his body you can see a yellowish glow or something. I wonder what that's all about?
I'm guessing at his extreme speed, it's dust and dirt from the ground below him rising into the air. Notice is after he flies away at the end.

Only one direct contact death, two virtually inescapable situations, one shooting death on a vehicle, one ambiguous crash that MAY have killed the truck driver in TDK (or was less than well edited).

So four instances in which Batman's responsible for the deaths. Some justify the monastery scene by the fact that he's fighting ninjas who are MASTERS at escaping things. But much fewer members of the LOS are seen after that point. And the
fake Ra's
dies.

If Supes
kills
once or twice in the span of several movies, I can live with it, though I would like to live in an age where I don't have to.

I think some of us are forgetting some of the questionable, and downright *******, things Christopher Reeve's Superman did onscreen. And not just to Brad!

Failing to see the big deal here myself.

Looks like the force of his speed blowing debris, that's all.

I think
him killing and then being remorseful
will be great to continue his moral journey into the second film. He should be a progression to the character we know, I don't want him to just put on the suit then be a saint. He has to make mistakes otherwise people who call him too perfect and unrelatable are right.

I'm guessing at his extreme speed, it's dust and dirt from the ground below him rising into the air. Notice is after he flies away at the end.
That makes sense, but what about this......

CyQ5Fym.gif

I think there's more to him than just flying. I think he somehow controls the elements around his body. For what reason? I have no idea.

I think
him killing and then being remorseful
will be great to continue his moral journey into the second film. He should be a progression to the character we know, I don't want him to just put on the suit then be a saint. He has to make mistakes otherwise people who call him too perfect and unrelatable are right.

Thank you...people are forgetting the bolded especially.

Depending on the way its handled, its not a big deal. His first time as Superman, he's bound to make some mistakes or choices he wouldn't make later on with experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"