All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 73

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes sense, but what about this......

CyQ5Fym.gif

I think there's more to him than just flying. I think he somehow controls the elements around his body. For what reason? I have no idea.
That's kind of what I meant though ... he creates so much power ... he's like a bottle of pop after shaking it ... it's ready to blow when you open it up.

The ability not to kill is a superpower of its own.

Batman and Superman may have a strict no-kill policy but both have been directly responsible for death at one point or another. It's virtually impossible to keep a superbeing like Kal-El from taking out a threat every now and then. As long as Superman isn't executing his opposition, I'm a-ok with one or two Kryptonians dying at his hands.

What is that surrounding him as he's flying? Is that him just cutting through the air or something? It's almost like there's an aura around him, if you will. Hopefully that makes sense. Especially in the lower right portion of his body you can see a yellowish glow or something. I wonder what that's all about?

I'm guessing at his extreme speed, it's dust and dirt from the ground below him rising into the air. Notice is after he flies away at the end.

I thought the same thing. You see that a lot in some cartoons like dragon ball for example. I think it's fine. Cool visually too.

CyQ5Fym.gif

I think there's more to him than just flying. I think he somehow controls the elements around his body. For what reason? I have no idea.

I don't think he's necessarily controlling the elements around him, but more that he's charging up his power, and then the environment around him is being affected by it.

So if Superman [BLACKOUT]snaps Zod's neck[/BLACKOUT] how does he deal with Faora, Tor-An, Dev-Em, etc.? Actually I'm not sure I wanna know. It's only because of this spoiler now that I kinda do.

So if Superman [BLACKOUT]snaps Zod's neck[/BLACKOUT] how does he deal with Faora, Tor-An, Dev-Em, etc.? Actually I'm not sure I wanna know. It's only because of this spoiler now that I kinda do.

search that Review thread and you'll find the answer.

or, I could spoil you if you really want.

I understand this bothers some .... but to 99% of people who show up to the movie, they're probably going to expect it given the tv spots and trailer craziness.

Has to do with how he takes out Zod's weapon.
(He and Hamilton)

CyQ5Fym.gif

The rocks and stones are floating... only one thing can affect them that way... anti-gravity... so, maybe superman can generate some sot of anti-grav field.. that's how he flies...

I'm pretty sure they
die when the black zero is destroyed

But seriously,
what choices does a guy have, no matter how righteous, when your enemies say **** like "for every person you save we will kill a million more"

Superman breaks Zod's hand after knowing he is human in Superman 2. That's pretty mean. :p lol

The rocks and stones are floating... only one thing can affect them that way... anti-gravity... so, maybe superman can generate some sot of anti-grav field.. that's how he flies...

That actually makes sense considering that the artbook did say that Krypton's gravity was 4-10x more intense than Earth's. Perhaps this means that a Kryptonian can easily manipulate gravity in a lighter gravitational field.

[BLACKOUT]So all the other Kryptonians die as well. Jesus. Was it that hard to work in the Phantom Zone?[/BLACKOUT]

It's funny. Take for instance The Joker and Lex Luthor, had both Batman and Superman been less 'morale', they would have prevented the death of millions. Is it truly altruism that keeps Batman and Superman from 'pulling the trigger'?

[BLACKOUT]So all the other Kryptonians die as well. Jesus. Was it that hard to work in the Phantom Zone?[/BLACKOUT]

Either the Phantom Zone is out of Superman's access (the artbook made it seem like it's within the distance from Krypton/above Krypton), or Superman doesn't know how to work the Phantom Zone, or Zod were in the Phantom Zone and escaped, meaning that it'd be pointless to put him there again.

Man I guess I need to leave this board until the movie releases. Seems like only spoilers are being discussed now.

That first full clip make its way over here yet? From Ellen:

(phone cam capture)

[YT]snAd9hQMYS8[/YT]

Depending on the way its handled, its not a big deal. His first time as Superman, he's bound to make some mistakes or choices he wouldn't make later on with experience.

I agree like I said I will wait to see what the context is before judging. I have faith that Superman killing Zod will be done right and not just a heartless killing.

It seems like the most legitimate complaint surrounding this movie is that it's tone is so dark and 'realistic' that it actually gets in the way of the fun and brightness of Superman. That's interesting. I remember last year someone here actually said that was their main concern regarding this film.

At the same time the first trailer #2 and #3 do have a warmth to them. I'm not sure what to think.

That actually makes sense considering that the artbook did say that Krypton's gravity was 4-10x more intense than Earth's. Perhaps this means that a Kryptonian can easily manipulate gravity in a lighter gravitational field.

Yup, and Zack did say that everyone of his power is going to be grounded in science... for example, how tough they are, how fast he can go, how long he can hold his breadth, etc.. so, I am sure they're going to try to explain how he fly (as scientifically as they can), and anti-grav makes sense... anything else would be 'magic'...

Think I will just stay in here people are becoming too self righteous in the review thread. The GA isn't going to care that Supes blah blah blah to zod. I keep seeing oh my gosh it has ruined the movie and superman for me forever. Then don't go see it and sit with your comic books while everyone else enjoys the movie event of the summer

Also we gotta keep in mind it's rated pg here in Canada so it's not like
he will premeditate it and maliciously snap his neck. It will be a heat of the moment instant regret situation.

Keep in mind that people have ideas of what a Superman film SHOULD be, and some of these are based on the older movies.
What comes across as to grim for some could be balanced to me.

When BB came out, people were talking about how 'dark' it was, despite being a lot less gloomy than Batman Returns. I think that darkness is really more of a lack of camp than anything else, despite a number of significant "dark" things happening.

I think that with MOS, some people are expecting campy villains and a colorful atmosphere, and they might be disappointed.

As far as a sense of lightheartedness goes, that can develop with sequels.

As for the
neck snap
, it should be something that develops the character so that he can decide to go against that route in the future. It would also give him something to "haunt him" for the sequel.

Also, I think in a JLA movie
Zod should be resurrected, preferably by some type of scientific process.
, that'd be a great twist that would
undo Superman as a killer
and show how he can handle that situation in a more fantastical setting. It would also set up a Death and Return scenerio, in case they want to do that in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back