All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - Part 72

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'll type a review, but right now I'm thinking it'll be a brief reaction in addition to answering questions that some of you guys might have.

That would be all I would ask. Just your reaction to it. I think the only specific question I would have is whether all the stuff about whether Adams being under utilized like so many of the others are saying.

Me too, I may or may have not seen Basic Instinct when I was about 10 also. :ninja:

Don't get me started on that movie. I think that was the first movie I realized that I was really really gonna like girls! I think I was 9 when I watched that movie.

You do realize that you're still bashing her...? Just because she prefers X film that you personally think is crap/garbage/good/epic/etc. doesn't mean that she suddenly has "low movie I.Q." (whatever the **** that means). Furthermore, it also doesn't mean that you can discount her scoring.

Not only me personally but every movie person thinks. There is a reason a will smith movie did 25 million on the weekend, his worst performance yet. The movie is one of the worst scifi movies not my view nearly all critics view. We are not comparing iron man 3 here, we are comparing After
Earth

Not only me personally but every movie person thinks. There is a reason a will smith movie did 25 million on the weekend, his worst performance yet. The movie is one of the worst scifi movies not my view nearly all critics view. We are not comparing iron man 3 here, we are comparing After
Earth

I will give you After Earth. It was garbage IMHO. But I agree with almost all of her other assessments except for Fast 6.

It should be me. They are having screenings in Houston, Austin, and Dallas. Unfortunately for this guy. My flight doesn't land until 7:30 on the 6th but the movie starts at 7. My luck is just horrible.

Awesome! I don't suppose you're willing to divulge the details of the film for those of us who don't mind being spoiled.lol

That would be all I would ask. Just your reaction to it. I think the only specific question I would have is whether all the stuff about whether Adams being under utilized like so many of the others are saying.

All right, I'll keep that in mind.

Awesome! I don't suppose you're willing to divulge the details of the film for those of us who don't mind being spoiled.lol

If I was going I would definitely throw all of you a bone. But unfortunately for me I will be like the other mortals watching it on the 14th. Power has said that a reaction will be given and answers to specific questions! So that's who I'm looking to.

Hyperbole all over the place. STID and F6 were hardly masterclasses in screenwriting, but neither of those scripts were that bad, imo.

I actually don't hate Fast 6, I just attempted to antagonize I SEE SPIDEY for a second.

Ok folks. 8 am here I am calling it quits. Everybody have a good evening!

Yeah, I just realized he said it was 8 am. He must not be in Texas currently.

hey, that critic lady is hot!!!

kinda bummed she didn't give MOS a higher score, but looking at her list, it seems she doesn't give out high scores generously. the only ones that got high scores are IM3 and Gatsby.

well, I guess that just reflects her tastes in movies.

although I am a bit surprised that she gave IM3 3 stars vs STID's 2 stars.

but, that's her opinion.

I actually enjoyed STID a bit more than IM3. and quite frankly, I don't really know why IM3 is breaking all these BO records, other than riding the momentum from Avengers ( and the 1st 2 IM films ). I mean, it was good.........but not THAT good, imo.

it would be nice if we could actually read the reviews from these critics to see just what they liked, or did not like, about the film.

in this critic's case, perhaps it is simply because a movie like MOS is not her cup of tea, whereas, I guess, IM3 and Gatsby are.

hey, that critic lady is hot!!!

kinda bummed she didn't give MOS a higher score, but looking at her list, it seems she doesn't give out high scores generously. the only ones that got high scores are IM3 and Gatsby.

well, I guess that just reflects her tastes in movies.

although I am a bit surprised that she gave IM3 3 stars vs STID's 2 stars.

but, that's her opinion.

I actually enjoyed STID a bit more than IM3. and quite frankly, I don't really know why IM3 is breaking all these BO records, other than riding the momentum from Avengers ( and the 1st 2 IM films ). I mean, it was good.........but not THAT good, imo.

it would be nice if we could actually read the reviews from these critics to see just what they liked, or did not like, about the film.

in this critic's case, perhaps it is simply because a movie like MOS is not her cup of tea, whereas, I guess, IM3 and Gatsby are.

Did you enjoy After earth as much as STID?

Earth

You're still missing the point, if she felt that After Earth is her favourite film, then it is her favourite film, regardless of the numbers and ratings attached to that film. I'm not saying After Earth is not bad (since I haven't even bothered to watch it to give an adequate judgment), but if it's her favourite, then who are we to label her IQ as "low?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"