See - AppleTV+ series

Dr.

From parts unknown
Reaction score

Interesting premise...

A world where Jason Momoa exists but you cannot see him because you're blind.

This is like what my Hell will be like when I get there.

Well at least we know what part of hell you’ll be going to... Lust. Who knows maybe they’ll have you chained up while Jason puts on baby oil and you can’t touch him.

Last edited:

Interesting premise...

It is interesting but a buddy of mine is already hating on it saying if their blind how can they do this or that. That’s why we have to watch the show. I mean isn’t this show supposed to take place thousand of years in the future? People would learn to adapt.

So is the an inverse Birdbox?

It is interesting but a buddy of mine is already hating on it saying if their blind how can they do this or that. That’s why we have to watch the show. I mean isn’t this show supposed to take place thousand of years in the future? People would learn to adapt.

Sry your Buddy is a Total Idiot , If Blind People can living without help in a World Full Of Tech like us, they would survive a postapocalyptic world with no tech at all like we see in the trailer even
easier

Not hurting my feelings lol. I already told him how wrong he was. He’s my friend since high school and sad to say he’s still the same. Anyway back to the show I do want to watch this show but I don’t think I’m going to get the streaming service. With Netflix and soon Disney+ I’m good.

This has 27 m views in 2 weeks on the main YT channel. For comparison, The Mandalorian trailer has 17 m views in a month on it's main channel. Hardly scientific and it may just be a result of Apple's incredible customer reach, but people may be surprised at the performances of both shows. This is fresh and new, while Star Wars has a toxic fandom around it's ankles like a ball & chain.

This is quite gripping and unique, like Blindness meets Fury Road. Don't trust the reviews on this one. I wasn't bored for a second during the first 3 episodes and I wish they released all already

it’s much better then „the morning show„, which is just pretentious and boring...and I consider myself an apple fanboy

I watched the first three episodes last night, and holy crap is the violence in this show brutal. I am honestly loving every minute of it though, because it is so unapologetic about it. Mamoa is just a beast of a dude who goes from being this charming, endearing father in one scene to this savage, scary as hell warrior dude who you definitely don't want to mess with, because he'll rip you apart in an instant. Pretty much perfect casting IMO, and like Harlequinade I also wish they just dropped all the episodes for this show at once, because I am definitely hooked.

Sry your Buddy is a Total Idiot , If Blind People can living without help in a World Full Of Tech like us, they would survive a postapocalyptic world with no tech at all like we see in the trailer even
easier

I doubt it. Blind people in modern society dont have to worry about apex predators, cliffs, hunting, gathering, making shelters etc. Blind people in the past before cities existed had people with sight to help out and ensure they had a support system. An entire population of blind humans would not survive on their own in the wild. They wouldnt be able to orient themselves to travel and migrate over great distances on foot. Wouldnt be able to hunt or gather effectively. They wouldnt be able to adequately examine, diagnose, and treat physical ailments.

And then there is the fighting. The blind rely on sound and smell and touch. Battles are cacophonous and disorienting. The idea that blind people would be able to fight in a melee battle seems pretty absurd to me.

The whole concept is so goofy. If they had just given everyone Daredevil's echolocation then at least it'd be somewhat plausible, but no the showrunners want you to believe they're 100% blind and somehow have symmetrical clothing. There's no way that dog trainer could've ran with that German Shepherd on a leash and not tripped or lost his balance.

Why couldn't this show have been called Hear? At least surviving while deaf would be doable.

As goofy as the concept is I really am enjoying the world building in this show so far. There is only so much you can do with a post apocalyptic premise these days anyways, so I can at least appreciate them doing something different even if a lot of it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. All I am expecting from this show at this point is mindless entertainment and that's what I've been getting.

Saw the first episode, pretty good if you can roll with the concept that just about everybody is blind and the show's aimed at adults: the prayer scene was a bit much but other than that I'll see how it goes on some more.

Am I the only one who thinks the villains are most interesting characters in this show, especially Queen Kane and Tamacti Jun? Both actors have been pretty fantastic in those roles so far.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks the villains are most interesting characters in this show, especially Queen Kane and Tamacti Jun? Both actors have been pretty fantastic in those roles so far.

Yes, I love both performances! I loved Hoeks in everything I saw her in so far even that awful Dragon Tattoo movie

All right I've seen all the 5 episodes. Still enjoying it, but disappointed there's only 5 episodes available.

Sylvia Hoeks' acting is channeling Eddie Redmayne's villain character in Jupiter Ascending. I can tolerate it only so much in small doses. :)

It took me a few episodes to even recognize Hera Hilmar from Mortal Engines is Maghra. She was scarred in that movie as its main character.

I like Jason Momoa as action/family man.

The younger characters that got added along the way are fine so far.

This ended up being a really solid show IMO. I almost wish it didn't end or we got at least one more episode, because the set up for Season 2 makes it look it it could be really interesting, especially with the new direction they are taking both Queen Kane and Maghra in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"