• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Seems To Be Some Confusion

tzarinna

Mamochka
Reaction score
The subject of Spider-Man 3 came up at work today,yes I brought it up. :cmad: :O
Anyway,this guy I was working with says he saw Venom in the movie trailer. :huh:
He thinks Symbiote Spidey is Venom. :ninja:
I'm wondering if this confusion is running rampant. I over heard some guy in the theater say "video" after watching the trailer. :cmad:
Is it that people aren't getting it? Could people possibly believe that what they are seeing on the theater screen is actually Venom? Boy,are they in for a big surprise. :woot:

*Note: I don't know if this subject has been addressed,I don't come in here often. :hq:

I've met more than a few people who thought symbiote Spider-Man was Venom.

I met a guy who is an avid comic book reader (apparently he has never touched a Spider-Man comic) and thought that symbiote Spider-Man was Venom. I kept telling him that that was just Spider-Man in a black suit, but he didn't relent in believing he saw Venom in the teaser trailer.

My other friends think that symbiote Spider-Man is Venom, too. I think Sony needs to clear it up and maybe show at least one shot of him in the next trailer; maybe it'll get people unfamiliar with the story to say "I don't know who Venom is, but he looks cool" and get them to see the movie.

i guess some people get confused with the symbiote story. they need to see venom in the next trailer or the movie to show them that symbiote spidey isn't venom.

one of the rreasons is because they don't know alot about spiderman and thats because they go see the movie because they think it's nice but don't really know alot about it. it's still okay though but i am sure when the movie comes out they will understand.

Wow, that's odd... I never thought that'd be a problem for the people watching, it seems to me like it'd be simple to put it together. I mean, his costume is the exact same thing except black instead of red and blue with new spiders on his chest and back... I don't see where the confusion would come from... This makes me wonder what would have happened if Sony DID decide to make the comic more true to the comics... People would be like:
"Who the hell is THAT?" And people would DEFINATELY confuse that for Venom... Hmmm... that's strange... Especially since the trailer shows not only a clip of the symbiote crawling onto Peter/Spider-Man and making his costume black, but also a shot of Peter, with his mask off, wearing the black costume and ALSO... the shot of him upside-down with the red-blue spidey as a reflection and ALSO the shot of him ripping it off in the bell-tower... Not to mention that it was Tobey's voice... Seems hard for me to see how you could be confused about it...

I've ran into a few people who think Symbiote Spider-Man is Venom.:o

That's sad.:(

I know I went around with the guy a few times trying to explian it. He seemed to be clear what Carnage looked like. Although he had mistaken Kingpin being in Spider-Man,thinking DareDevil,so you know what I'm working with. He thought Symbiote Spidey upside down was Venom,that certainly would've turned me off if I thought that was Venom. I'd be a raging beecth for sure. :sym:

Okay,more so. :hq:

I've ran into a few people who think Symbiote Spider-Man is Venom.:o

That's sad.:(

Yeah I've had a few friends think the same thing. They think just because he has that suit he's Venom. And then I have to explain it all to them, then of course, they are like, well who is Eddie Brock? It get's frustrating.:csad:

well, the Kingpin with Spidey thing probably came from that old Sega Genesis game from sooo long ago.........Spider-man vs. Kingpin.....i think.

Ok, I've got the same response from people that I work with. The thing that's funny is that when I try to explain the story and how it goes in the comics, all of a sudden, I'm a comic book geek.

You know what? Who cares if the ordinary movie-going public knows who Venom is? When they actually see the movie, they'll figure it out. In fact, that's what the movie is for!!! Why do they need to know who he is before they see the film? They're going to go see the film because they liked the first two. In fact Venom hasn't been mentioned in any of the trailers, so where do these people here the name from? Us.

i just hope Venom doesn't die in 3.........:( THAT would be a waste......

Yes, but when they see that black suit that's what they think. That that's Venom. They don't know any better.

Hit them over the head with a shovel.

Yes, but when they see that black suit that's what they think. That that's Venom. They don't know any better.
tell them to go visit websites like winkipedia for spiderman news and eddie brock/venom history or spiderfan.org.

They already think I'm nuts. I shall not nail it for them.
Yeah,these people aren't really into the internet.

well....hey if it makes you guys and gals feel better....

many years ago....when I was much younger and into Halloween costumes, I dressed up as the Riddler ( from Batman Forever ) and went to one of those Halloween events at the mall.

anyways, I was at the cafeteria getting ready to eat my pizza when this little girl next to me called me THE YOKER ( Joker )!

I kindly explained to her that I am The Riddler.....

Little Girl: "No.....you Yoker!"

Me: "No......I am the Riddler. Joker wears purple, Riddler wears Green."

Girl: "No.....Yoker!"

Me: "No...Riddler!"

Girl: "No.....you Yoker!"

Well, needless to say, this debate raged on for about 5 minutes. After which I gave up and finished my pizza. I think that was one of last times I dressed up for Halloween........

Cute story. :p

Now I demand you continue dressing up for the holiday. :cmad: :hq:

The subject of Spider-Man 3 came up at work today,yes I brought it up. :cmad: :O
Anyway,this guy I was working with says he saw Venom in the movie trailer. :huh:
He thinks Symbiote Spidey is Venom. :ninja:
I'm wondering if this confusion is running rampant. I over heard some guy in the theater say "video" after watching the trailer. :cmad:
Is it that people aren't getting it? Could people possibly believe that what they are seeing on the theater screen is actually Venom? Boy,are they in for a big surprise. :woot:

*Note: I don't know if this subject has been addressed,I don't come in here often. :hq:

yes, there is a lot of people I know that confuse Symbiote Spidey with Venom

The thing that drives me nuts, is when people say Flash is the one who turns into Venom, then I have to go through the whole story about Eddie Brock. I havent met anyone yet who thinks Symbiote Spidey is Venom.

You here Peter talk in the black suit in the theatrical trailer....i wonder if they were surprised that Tobey Maguire was playing both hero and villian..

Okay, seriously. I know there are people out in the world that aren't comic book readers or big Spidey fans, but how on God's green earth can they think that Venom is Black Spidey, when the trailer HITS YOU OVER THE HEAD with the fact that Spidey's gone bad and that this is a new suit??

He's on the building describing the suit in a voice-over. We see Peter with the suit in a trunk. We see Peter talking to Sandman IN THE SUIT.

:confused: :confused:

I...just...don't....get...it....

well at first the symboit is just that but after it joined w/ eddie it is aways and forever venom even when there not joined.

Spider-Girl™;10960619 said:
The thing that drives me nuts, is when people say Flash is the one who turns into Venom, then I have to go through the whole story about Eddie Brock. I havent met anyone yet who thinks Symbiote Spidey is Venom.

Lol for real? There are people who actually think Flash turns into Venom? Lol. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"