• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Venom/last 10 minutes of the movie

webhead731 said:
Venom does need to be setup for Spider-Man 4.

how many times are people gonna say that?

his role in SM3 will be perfectly fine. he will not be in SM4, if/when there even is one...some 4 or 5 years away.

webhead731 said:
Venom does need to be setup for Spider-Man 4.
Are you kidding, it's too late for that, they probably have a massive licensing program already setup for Venom? :o

FaT tONIe said:
I think Brock will die but the symbiate escapes... leaving the door open to carnage later on... which is stupid... but it ain't gonna be stupider than having a damn cliffhanger... waiting three years for the conclusion with all entirely new cast...

Exactly! These people can't get it through there fat skulls. That this could very well be the last movie with all the cast members, or even the same Director. I want everything tied up. Simple

venom4life said:
I also saw bigfoot, he was digging through my garbage. I chased him away with a baseball bat. Later that night he brought Yeti, they threw a brick through my window with a note on it, "WE GET YOU HUMAN".

To this day, I watch.
You've seen the Yeti too...he ate my cat one winter? :(

It would be cool if Raimi repeated the same sequential shots when the symbiote drips onto Eddie as when the spider came along and bit Parker in the lab in movie one.

I think the question was "is venom in the last 10 minutes of the film?"

If Venom was in the last hour of the film then by default he is in the last 10 minutes. I don't think it will be venom in the last 10 minutes only.

Hopefully Raimi can do something good with Venom and improve on a crappy character.

DACMAN said:
Hello minority.

i know i'm the minority, i don't know, for some reason in my opinion venom doesn't even come close to any of the older villains, maybe it's because venom wasn't around when i was a kid.

Xeper said:
If Venom was in the last hour of the film then by default he is in the last 10 minutes. I don't think it will be venom in the last 10 minutes only.
agreed

How ever long the final battle at the construction site takes is how long Venom has on screen.And I hope that final battle lasts awhile since it's a 2 vs 2 fight.

I think he'll be on-screen for more like 20-30 minutes from what Lakamai said.

I believe he will be in a little more than 10. Prob more like 20 for the big final fight to end the greatest comic book movie trilogy ever. 4-way fight: i mean come on that will kick so much ass

Doc Ock said:
That is very true.

And now these fans are getting an evil twin type Venom, who only gets some 10 minutes on screen.

Eddie Brock doesn't look like Peter Parker's evil twin to me.

You can still argue though that the parallels, or the antithesis themes are in the comics.

Venom existed as the ANTI-Spider-man. They are opposite sides of the coin.

Also, we can't have Venom without the black costume story. So, that needs to be established before Venom comes into being. Just like in the animated series, we didn't see Venom in full until the third and final episode of the black costume saga.

Well, a ten minute Venom is what everyone was asking for when they wanted him now.

My guess is that the last two standing will be spidey and venom.

TheVileOne said:
Eddie Brock doesn't look like Peter Parker's evil twin to me.

If you're talking about the comics then yes that is true.

Topher Grace was the fan favorite for Peter Parker after Maguire left the series. He is very much the evil twin.

You can still argue though that the parallels, or the antithesis themes are in the comics.

Venom existed as the ANTI-Spider-man. They are opposite sides of the coin.

Yes Venom is the anti Spider-Man.Not Brock.Venom is the anti Spider-Man by his actions,not his appearance.

Also, we can't have Venom without the black costume story. So, that needs to be established before Venom comes into being. Just like in the animated series, we didn't see Venom in full until the third and final episode of the black costume saga.

This is not weekly episodes on a cartoon show.This is a movie.If you're going to do a villain then don't cut him off at the knees by giving him 10 minutes on screen.

It's already been established that there is no cliffhangers in this one.All loose ends are being tied up according to Arad.That suggests Venom's not even getting 15 minutes of fame ;) :D

I am going to love hearing the Venom fans complain after this. They wanted him, now they got him. For a whole 10 minutes or less.

Hey, I just got back from tonight's shoot. I posted this on the new York Shooting? thread but it concerns Venom in the climax:

Tonight they filmed more crowd reaction shots. Sam (over a megaphone) said the "scene is where the supervillains have kidnapped a girl and are using her as bait. The scene is set at a construction site, and the FDNY and NYPD and SWAT have arrived to help but only Spider-Man can save the day." After the crowd completed the same cheering shots as Thursday night, here's the bombshell: next Sam pointed at the Technocrane. He said, "There's this creature, this monster that is growing, growing, growing, and you are all TERRIFIED!" He stated that he wanted them to be looking up, up up up and then run for their lives. It kinda reminded me of the town scene from War Of The Worlds where the first TriPod rises.

When the screaming and running ended, Sam moved onto the next shot. He said, "Now, the monster is on the loose, and is chasing after Spider-Man. he is leaping over huge pits and taking swipes at our hero." I left after that crowd scene was shot (hey, no Spidey or Venom).

Doc Ock said:
If you're talking about the comics then yes that is true.

Topher Grace was the fan favorite for Peter Parker after Maguire left the series. He is very much the evil twin.

Even though he looks nothing like Tobey in this movie. His haircut looks more like Eddie Brock's from the comics especially.

Yes Venom is the anti Spider-Man.Not Brock.Venom is the anti Spider-Man by his actions,not his appearance.

In the comics, it was appearance. When Venom first showed up, Spider-man was still wearing a black costume that looked the same as Venom. Venom just had the mouth. Main difference.

This is not weekly episodes on a cartoon show.This is a movie.If you're going to do a villain then don't cut him off at the knees by giving him 10 minutes on screen.

Dude, it's pretty clear that Brock has a large and significant role and this movie and so does the symbiote.

They can't do the black costume story in five minutes then boom, VENOM.

I didn't see anyone complaining that we only got like 2 minutes of Darth Vader in Revenge of The Sith.

It's already been established that there is no cliffhangers in this one.All loose ends are being tied up according to Arad.That suggests Venom's not even getting 15 minutes of fame ;) :D

I haven't seen these comments or where they came from, do you have a link to them?

TheVileOne said:
Even though he looks nothing like Tobey in this movie. His haircut looks more like Eddie Brock's from the comics especially.

It also looks like Max Dillon's aka Electro's haircut. Come to think of it Topher Grace looks more like Max Dillon than Brock.

In the comics, it was appearance. When Venom first showed up, Spider-man was still wearing a black costume that looked the same as Venom. Venom just had the mouth. Main difference.

You're also forgetting Venom was twice the size of Spider-Man.

Dude, it's pretty clear that Brock has a large and significant role and this movie and so does the symbiote.

They can't do the black costume story in five minutes then boom, VENOM.

Which is why they should have introduced Brock earlier, rather than putting him in with THREE other villains and a new love interest.

Talk about over kill.

I didn't see anyone complaining that we only got like 2 minutes of Darth Vader in Revenge of The Sith.

That's because fans had three great Star Wars movies featuring Vader already.This was not his introduction,it was a prequel.We were simply seeing the back story to a villain we know all too well on screen.

I haven't seen these comments or where they came from, do you have a link to them?

Yep, I'll dig them up for you.They may have been in Wizard as well.I'll check that too.

Doc Ock said:
It also looks like Max Dillon's aka Electro's haircut. Come to think of it Topher Grace looks more like Max Dillon than Brock.

You're also forgetting Venom was twice the size of Spider-Man.

:rolleyes:

You can split hairs all you want. When Venom first appeared, he and Spider-man had matching togs.

Which is why they should have introduced Brock earlier, rather than putting him in with THREE other villains and a new love interest.

Talk about over kill.

If Batman Begins and the X-men films can have several villains, why can't Spider-man 3?

That's because fans had three great Star Wrs movies featuring Vader already.This was not his introduction,it was a prequel.We were simply seeing the back story to a villain we know all too well on screen.

The whole draw and marketing concept of Revenge of The Sith was based on Vader. Even though Vader is actually in for only about 2 minutes at the end and really doesn't do anything.

And, there's no proof that says we will NEVER see Venom again on screen.

Yep, I'll dig them up for you.They may have been in Wizard as well.I'll check that too.

Please do.

I also want to say one thing. Some of you people are putting way too much emphasis on screen time and minutes. It's QUALITY, not QUANTITY.

I remember a Drunken Master movie, where Chan doesn't drink or bust out at all until the very end. When he does it, its only about 7 minutes, but its probably the best 7 minutes of martial arts action I've ever seen. They took the whole movie, but they delivered it, and the anticipation was at a fever pitch. If they can do something similar here, it will be fine.

TheVileOne said:
:rolleyes:

You can split hairs all you want. When Venom first appeared, he and Spider-man had matching togs.

It's not splitting hairs.Venom's huge size,huge sharp teeth and slobbery tongue made him look vastly different to Spidey.

If Batman Begins and the X-men films can have several villains, why can't Spider-man 3?

You really want Sandman,GG2,Venom or the mystery villain to be done like the Scarecrow?? Just appear with no backstory and have about 10-15 minutes on screen??

As for X-Men, aren't you the one constantly bashing X-Men 3 at every chance you get?? None of the featured villains in the X-Men movies got an origin or back story except Magneto.They're always just there as lackeys to serve Magneto.

I ask again, you think Sandman,Venom,GG2 or the mystery villain are just going to pop up like the Scarecrow or Sabretooth did??

The whole draw and marketing concept of Revenge of The Sith was based on Vader. Even though Vader is actually in for only about 2 minutes at the end and really doesn't do anything.

It was Vader's ORIGIN story. That's what it was based on.The birth of Darth Vader and the Emperor.

And, there's no proof that says we will NEVER see Venom again on screen.

Nobody said there was.Who knows what they'll do with the future movies.But the comments by Arad and Co certainly suggest Venom is not getting any cliffhangers.

Doc Ock said:
It's not splitting hairs.Venom's huge size,huge sharp teeth and slobbery tongue made him look vastly different to Spidey.

They looked so similar, that when Venom went into Peter's home to frighten Mary Jane and Peter came back home in costume, Mary Jane thought it was him after seeing him. Mary Jane even said later on she couldn't sleep in the same bed as the man who wore the same costume as Venom.

You really want Sandman,GG2,Venom or the mystery villain to be done like the Scarecrow?? Just appear with no backstory and have about 10-15 minutes on screen??

We no that's not going to happen. We know Venom, Eddie Brock, and the symbiote will have a backstory. We know Harry's backstory already. It was set-up in the last two movies, and he was put on the path at the very end of the second one.

Also, sometimes people complained that they give these characters backstory. People were complaining at the thought of Sandman having a family and trying to get money to help his sick daughter.

As for X-Men, aren't you the one constantly bashing X-Men 3 at every chance you get?? None of the featured villains in the X-Men movies got an origin or back story except Magneto.

Mystique had subtle hints of a backstory, as did Sabretooth in the first film.

Stryker was a villain with a backstory. So was Pyro. Mastermind.

And I bash X-men 3 because it was a colossal disappointment and a pile of missed chances.

I ask again, you think Sandman,Venom,GG2 or the mystery villain are just going to pop up like the Scarecrow or Sabretooth did??

Once again, we know this is not going to be the case.

We don't know the capacity of this "mystery villain." It could just be a throwaway gag.

It was Vader's ORIGIN story. That's what it was based on.The birth of Darth Vader and the Emperor.

This is Venom's origin.

Nobody said there was.Who knows what they'll do with the future movies.But the comments by Arad and Co certainly suggest Venom is not getting any cliffhangers.

I've not seen these comments so they might be taken out of context.

It still doesn't mean Venom won't show up as the main guy in another film.

The symbiote will have a back story,Brock will have a back story,then Venom shows up who is just a villain that has spidey powers.10 to 20 minutes of spidey fighting an evil spidey.

TheVileOne said:
They looked so similar, that when Venom went into Peter's home to frighten Mary Jane and Peter came back home in costume, Mary Jane thought it was him after seeing him. Mary Jane even said later on she couldn't sleep in the same bed as the man who wore the same costume as Venom.

MJ only thought it was Peter because Venom was hidden in the shadows and she only saw the white symbol.As soon as he stepped out of the shadows she was under no illusions that it was Peter.

We no that's not going to happen. We know Venom, Eddie Brock, and the symbiote will have a backstory. We know Harry's backstory already. It was set-up in the last two movies, and he was put on the path at the very end of the second one.

Harry's backstory is not a problem,but Harry himself has to be shown as GG2.Mind games with Peter hopefully etc.And that takes screen time which alot of new characters,way more than previous two had, are demanding.

Also, sometimes people complained that they give these characters backstory. People were complaining at the thought of Sandman having a family and trying to get money to help his sick daughter.

No,people were complaining about the Sandman family because it's completely out of character for him to have that.Just like Ock being the nice married guy.It's out of character for these villains.

Mystique had subtle hints of a backstory, as did Sabretooth in the first film.

Subtle hints?? Wow that's great :down

Stryker was a villain with a backstory. So was Pyro. Mastermind.

Stryker was well done.Deathstrike was not.Pyro was just an ass who like to use his powers to show off and be a bad ass.

And I bash X-men 3 because it was a colossal disappointment and a pile of missed chances.

Too bad the box office isn't reflecting that ;)

Once again, we know this is not going to be the case.

We don't know the capacity of this "mystery villain." It could just be a throwaway gag.

With the way Raimi reported it?? The whole revelation at comic con. Come on you believe it's a gag as much as you believe in the tooth fairy ;)

This is Venom's origin.

With a whopping 10 minutes or so at the end,with three other villains stealing the spot light too.

Wonderful :down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"