• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Seems To Be Some Confusion

They will find out that Spider-Man is not Venom when they fight on May 4th.

Message to anyone viewing this website who thinks Symbiote Spidey is Venom: If you watched the theatrical trailer slam your head right into a wall right now, it might undo some damage.

I wonder how many of these would claim the movie disregarded the comics for not keeping with the story of Flash or Spidey being Venom

Thats sad. :down All folks have to do is read an article about the film to find out that Brock will become Venom it's not rocket science.

Hmm, The general audience may actually be confused toward this subject. Indeed.

I think that is why Raimi went with the raised webbing on Spider-Man rather then making the whole thing black. So people knew it was him.

Somebody please explain to me WHY anyone on these boards even cares whether or not people in the real world are "confused" about this? Does it really matter? Are we supposed to band together to get the word out to the world population so they have a firm grasp on the Spidey mythos before this movie?

Please understand, I'm NOT complaining about this thread. I'm just wondering what is its point?

Somebody please explain to me WHY anyone on these boards even cares whether or not people in the real world are "confused" about this? Does it really matter? Are we supposed to band together to get the word out to the world population so they have a firm grasp on the Spidey mythos before this movie?

Please understand, I'm NOT complaining about this thread. I'm just wondering what is its point?

I myself don't care what the general public knows or doesn't know. If a person isn't into Spider-Man then there's no reason to get upset about some detail of a comic book.

However, I do think that for marketing's sake, that the Spider-Man 3 team should at least show Venom so that the potential viewers of the movie can get even more excited. Sony has done an amazing job marketing, so I suppose I shouldn't be giving advice, but I don't think a glimpse of Venom would hurt. To an average person who knows nothing about Spider-Man, other than what they've seen in the movies, they're expecting: Sandman, the Harry revenge story, and a conflicted Peter Parker with a black suit. I doubt everyone is going to read the magazine articles on Spider-Man 3 so I think it'd be sensible to give them a visual.

I myself don't care what the general public knows or doesn't know. If a person isn't into Spider-Man then there's no reason to get upset about some detail of a comic book.

However, I do think that for marketing's sake, that the Spider-Man 3 team should at least show Venom so that the potential viewers of the movie can get even more excited. Sony has done an amazing job marketing, so I suppose I shouldn't be giving advice, but I don't think a glimpse of Venom would hurt. To an average person who knows nothing about Spider-Man, other than what they've seen in the movies, they're expecting: Sandman, the Harry revenge story, and a conflicted Peter Parker with a black suit. I doubt everyone is going to read the magazine articles on Spider-Man 3 so I think it'd be sensible to give them a visual.

From a marketing standpoint, I disagree. If the general public that doesn't know who/what Venom is were to see an extended glimpse of what we saw in the Comic-Con trailer, I believe a good percentage of the "fence sitters" might pass on SM3 because they might think it's turning into a monster movie. As it is, even Sandman's presence might do that. The general public really doesn't need or want to know how all the pieces of the puzzle go together. The only people that will be upset at not seeing Venom in a trailer are the fanboys... and we're going to see the movie multiple times anyway.

Okay, seriously. I know there are people out in the world that aren't comic book readers or big Spidey fans, but how on God's green earth can they think that Venom is Black Spidey, when the trailer HITS YOU OVER THE HEAD with the fact that Spidey's gone bad and that this is a new suit??

He's on the building describing the suit in a voice-over. We see Peter with the suit in a trunk. We see Peter talking to Sandman IN THE SUIT.

:confused: :confused:

I...just...don't....get...it....

You guys aren't looking at it right.

It isn't that they don't understand that it is Spider-Man in the black suit.

They just don't realize that Venom is a different character.

They think that when the symbiote gets onto him and spider-man now has a black suit...that is venom.

To us it's ******ed, but can't you see how someone can make that mistake?
That maybe as he turns more and more evil he turns into the thing with the teeth.

Wow, there's a lot of stupid people about.

You guys aren't looking at it right.

It isn't that they don't understand that it is Spider-Man in the black suit.

They just don't realize that Venom is a different character.

They think that when the symbiote gets onto him and spider-man now has a black suit...that is venom.

To us it's ******ed, but can't you see how someone can make that mistake?
That maybe as he turns more and more evil he turns into the thing with the teeth.

Exactly,also them thinking that the symbiote spidey is venom is like "damn this movie is going to suck balls if". Hence why maybe the guy in the theater said "video" when he saw the trailer.

i saw the trailer at the movie theatre and when sandman comes crashing down on the cops someone said "the mummy returns"
anyway this is just one of those times when reading comics actually pays off

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"