• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Venom/last 10 minutes of the movie

Avernus

Civilian
Reaction score
I see this said quite often...

how Venom will make his appearance in the last 10 minutes.....

is this a joke or do people really think this?...because it appears that black symbiote spidey will be seen for a good portion of the film...

ehhh...its also believed it may be a setup for 4...

i hope he's only in the movie for ten minutes and dies.

faceplant said:
scream62997.gif

After all of these idiotic Venom threads, and people thinking the character is beyond even Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus in greatness, me too. Kill him and move on to the classic villains; The Lizard, Electro, The Scorpion, etc.:cool:

Visionary said:
After all of these idiotic Venom threads, and people thinking the character is beyond even Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus in greatness, me too. Kill him and move on to the classic villains; The Lizard, Electro, The Scorpion, etc.:cool:

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! classic villains rule, i am not a fan of venom or carnage

There are ways to do Venom for 10 minutes... just make it the 10 best freaking minutes of any of the Spider-Man movies.... and maybe the best finale of any comic book film.

Plus, seeing Venom feels like it should be a climax to a great trilogy. I'd say, Spider-Man probably almost dies trying to fight Venom. It's going to be crazy! :)

i am way more excited to see sandman and gg2 i don't even care about venom..

Venom may not be classic, but even his first appearance, a good few decades after so many good villains, he was still considered to be the best by a majority of the fans...Now he may not have the expirience the other baddies have, but he has the viciousness and obsessive-ness that every good villain requires...plus I think the idea of an opposite Spider-man (Venom) would make his defeat by a weaker version of himself would make Spider-man all the cooler.

i've herd its 10 minutes and dies

now i don't think if the movie is 2 hr's long at the 1:50 mark Venom comes on screen

i think the venom turn for eddie brock is going to be a slow tumultuios going, and take most of the movie, when he does he is in the final climatic battle

Carnotaur3 said:
There are ways to do Venom for 10 minutes... just make it the 10 best freaking minutes of any of the Spider-Man movies.... and maybe the best finale of any comic book film.

Plus, seeing Venom feels like it should be a climax to a great trilogy. I'd say, Spider-Man probably almost dies trying to fight Venom. It's going to be crazy! :)
i agree totally

Visionary said:

Agreed with you, but i would like to just not have venom in the movie!

its not gonna be a set-up to part 4. it will be the finale to SM3. and it will be very kickass. it's not the end of the world if venom's only in it for a short period. ITS A MOVIE.

and everyone keeps saying he'll be in it for 10 minutes, but i believe Raimi confirmed he'd be in the movie for more than 10 minutes, when that person talked to him in NYC.

Raimi's always done these characters justice, weather or not he likes Venom (I think he grew to enjoy the character, that's why he's in), he won't do a terrible job with him. For all we know, "Venom" may be what they're calling the symbiote. There's so much to Venom's story, such a rich and ingenious concept that if he does appear in the end battle of this film, he'll be left uncaptured/killed to "haunt" Peter in #4.

As I trust Raimi to do the right thing, I just assume it'll be a set-up for #4 and nothing more.

Ya know what Venom is a great villian but id sure like to see Rhino and Scorpion bruting it out with spidy :D

DocLathropBrown said:
Raimi's always done these characters justice, weather or not he likes Venom (I think he grew to enjoy the character, that's why he's in), he won't do a terrible job with him. For all we know, "Venom" may be what they're calling the symbiote. There's so much to Venom's story, such a rich and ingenious concept that if he does appear in the end battle of this film, he'll be left uncaptured/killed to "haunt" Peter in #4.

As I trust Raimi to do the right thing, I just assume it'll be a set-up for #4 and nothing more.

i'm sorry, but venom won't be the villian in 4.

everyone saw batman begins, i assume. well, the only time we saw the "real" ras al ghul (or however you spell that), was the finale of the film. having venom in SM4 is like saying you want ras as ghul to be the villian again in the next batman movie. REPETETIVE.

so far each spidey movie has been its own complete story with no lame cliffhangers, and i believe SM3 will be no different.

Venom sucks eggs. I don't want to see him in the film at all. Blah. :down

Visionary said:

Excluding MAYBE The Lizard, the villains you mentioned will never generate as much interest in the Movie-going public as Venom will, regardless of how he's portrayed.

You have understand that you cannot compare GG with Venom. Both characters represent different(and major) aspects of the Spidey universe and there's no point in comparing because they are equally worthy of the title "arch-nemesis". Regarding Ock, strictly as a primarily movie fan and not a comic book fan, I would pick the Venom Storyline over Ock's. That is not knocking Doc Ock. I just feel Venom's story is more "Epic".

I like the classic villians and venom so its kind of hard to see him just in a movie for 10 minutes.

But I could live with it, if done right.

I am really looking forward to eventually seeing the Lizard.

Maybe he will be the fourth villain.

TheFuture said:
Excluding MAYBE The Lizard, the villains you mentioned will never generate as much interest in the Movie-going public as Venom will, regardless of how he's portrayed.

You have understand that you cannot compare GG with Venom. Both characters represent different(and major) aspects of the Spidey universe and there's no point in comparing because they are equally worthy of the title "arch-nemesis". Regarding Ock, strictly as a primarily movie fan and not a comic book fan, I would pick the Venom Storyline over Ock's. That is not knocking Doc Ock. I just feel Venom's story is more "Epic".

I dont think its "epic" so to speak but more personal.

A fight between similar powers and good and evil.

TheFuture said:

but Venom is generating the buzz of the non internet spiderman fans, much like the buzz X3 generated

i have a bunch of friends who are way down with comic book movies, but don't spend the needless hours i do on these boards and such, so when i tell them venom they imediatley think "COOOOOOL!"

and that is what i think everyone else is thinking

The Symbiote over Doc Ock, any day

and again i don't think venom is just going to appear out of thin air for 10 minutes, i think eddie brock and peter parker will struggle with the symbiote for much of the movie and it will finally take control of eddie in the end for a 10 minute battle or something, that will be pretty cool...i dunno, i am cool with it, im not going to cast judgment until may next year, they know what they are doing

and why else have they been feeding us the sandman info? because they need us to know how big sandman is going to be so that we understand there is more going on in this movie other then venom

is Tobey Maguire definately coming back for a 4th?...I've heard he doesn't want to do a 4th.....apparently he hasn't seen any of his other movies...

and the same thing goes for the guy who plays Harry and Kirstin Dunst....but they'll likely die in this movie anyways....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"