Should Jean Grey be brought back?

Jean should stay dead until Alan Moore decides to do some Marvel work.

supermarvelman said:
They need to quit bringing her back in minis and X-Men story arcs.

If your gonna bring Jean back it needs to be during one of these big Marvel Events, where everybody in the Marvel Universe needs to be involved not just the X-Men.

Why would the Avengers, Fantastic Four just leave it up to the X-Men
1. Thats the only way they can bring her back.

2... Have you been reading The avengers? or The ultimates?

They got thier stuff goin on too. like the whole, 'Relvealling Law' thing ain't a joke.

if you don't get the point by reading that post., then someone else can help you.

I think If Jean is to be brought back, she is more than worthy of a major 'Event' Joe Q loves so much.

As I understand it, Jean, during the solar storm she piloted the shuttle through, was further mutated into the ultimate expression of her powers. The energy form that appeared and told her that she would replace her was actually her own powers taking on a life of their own in much the same way that Onslaught did from Prof.X .

As a question, does it seemto anyone else that the missing "pieces" of (Phoenix) that keep being mentioned are actually the source of power for the other minor phoenixes shown in Morrison's last story arc?

Thundergod777 said:
As I understand it, Jean, during the solar storm she piloted the shuttle through, was further mutated into the ultimate expression of her powers. The energy form that appeared and told her that she would replace her was actually her own powers taking on a life of their own in much the same way that Onslaught did from Prof.X .
It wouldn't be at all the same as prof.X, because she didn't erase someones mind and have evil slip into her.

He means in the sense that Onslaught was a projection of Xaviers repressed feelings and Magneto's darker aspects.It became a separate entity and was able to use the abilities of both,sort of like the Phoenix Force.

Thank you all for participating. Now would anybody mind helpping me tally up the votes? :)

How about this idea:

1: the Phoenix Force comes back, but bonds with Rachel Summers, or maybe even Cable. And I don't mean the pittling sample of Phoenix Force Rachel will display from time to time, but the whole thing, or maybe it should even bond with Franklin Richards.

2: Jean is brought back, but stripped of any and all Phoenix powers or mutant powers. she is depowered. she awakens in a shack where she is being cared for (for some reason her legs are broken) by a mysterious, and familiar woman in red.

Marvelmaster said:
Thank you all for participating. Now would anybody mind helpping me tally up the votes? :)

add a poll

No no no no no no no no NO NO NO !!!!! Jean, should stay th' hell dead. She's a horrible character anyhow. :o:down

Of course she'll come back eventually. A character that big would never stay dead for good.

Sun_Down said:
Of course she'll come back eventually. A character that big would never stay dead for good.

Exactly. the character's impact in the x world is just too big and a lot of fans miss the goods that she delivers to the stories.

Zoken said:
How about this idea:

1: the Phoenix Force comes back, but bonds with Rachel Summers, or maybe even Cable. And I don't mean the pittling sample of Phoenix Force Rachel will display from time to time, but the whole thing, or maybe it should even bond with Franklin Richards.

2: Jean is brought back, but stripped of any and all Phoenix powers or mutant powers. she is depowered. she awakens in a shack where she is being cared for (for some reason her legs are broken) by a mysterious, and familiar woman in red.
But Jean is the Phoenix. Or at least, in this reality.

She's my favorite character, but I would put it this way:

Bring her back with bad writing: don't do it at all
Bring her back with mediocre writing: after a few years
Bring her back with really good writing: yes, of course.

Anubis said:
I think the Pheonix Force should come back, but minus Jean. Make it bond with somebody else. A new character. They shoulda did that from the start if they wanted the Pheonix Force back so badly.

I really hate this idea. They should stop passing the Force around like chewing gum at recess. Would it be a good idea to give Thor's powers to Captain America? No.

Thats entirely different considering that Jean Grey exsisted as a heroin before being infected by the pheonix. Thor is Thor. The Pheonix is just some cosmic entity that took hold of a mutant like herpes.

Yeah, now. But it didn't have to be. It was a mistake is what i'm saying. They shoulda just let her die and been done with it.

Anubis said:
Yeah, now. But it didn't have to be. It was a mistake is what i'm saying. They shoulda just let her die and been done with it.

What do you mean "now"? It was originally as well. The Phoenix Force was invented 6 years after Jean died on the moon. There is no Force infecting anybody in 1976.

They should never have brought her back after the death on the moon. But they did, and in a spectacularly bad fashion, one that spat all over the original story. At least they've done the decent thing and tied Jean to Phoenix forever. I dont care if they never bring her back if it means spitting all over the Phoenix saga again with alien entities that body-hop. If they want to power up other mutants, power 'em up. But don't use Jean/Phoenix to do it, what purpose does that serve as a story?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"