Should Jean Grey be brought back?

As a big an of Jean Grey, I've been hoping that she'll return for the longest time. I just hope they won't keep her dead forever (and no, I don't consider the teenage AU Jean Grey to be the real deal).

im not sure if shes back for good but read avx i think she appears

emma is the best thing for scott and she is very worthy she is just as good as jean ever will be

what book is teen jean back in ?????????????????????

i like emma she is way better then jeanie the meanie lol ik that was lame

I feel like I owe the board an apology now for bringing this thread back.....:dry:

Yeah, it's interesting to see how things develop. Back in the Whedon days I would have said Emma is better for Scott, but AvX was a whole new level of self destructive relationship. I like the mutual friendship/fondness/angst they have right now in Uncanny X-men.

Phoenix is one of the best characters of all time. Pure genius.

Would anyone else like it if one day all the original X-men except for Jean were sent back, and Jean was aged somehow and given her old memories? Right now that seems like the most viable way to get old Jean back, even if it's a little convoluted.

Would anyone else like it if one day all the original X-men except for Jean were sent back, and Jean was aged somehow and given her old memories? Right now that seems like the most viable way to get old Jean back, even if it's a little convoluted.

I would hate that, personally. No need to get all complicated and Cable-ize her return.

All they need is someone else to become the White Phoenix of the crown and Jean can return, seems pretty simple to me.

I thought that's where they were going with AvX. I figured since the PF created Hope, her and Jean could have swapped places and boom - Jean's back and Hope's in limbo (or more specifically the White Hot Room). For some reason, the powers at Marvel decided not to pull the trigger.

All they need is someone else to become the White Phoenix of the crown and Jean can return, seems pretty simple to me.

I thought that's where they were going with AvX. I figured since the PF created Hope, her and Jean could have swapped places and boom - Jean's back and Hope's in limbo (or more specifically the White Hot Room). For some reason, the powers at Marvel decided not to pull the trigger.

Hope is in Cable and X-Force, did you mean the Phoenix Force itself?

Hope is in Cable and X-Force, did you mean the Phoenix Force itself?

Not sure what you mean.

I was just suggesting what I would have done with Hope and Jean in the last issue of AvX. Would you rather have Jean back or a weak imitation in Hope that's on a book not many care about...?

Ah, gotcha. Guess that's what I get for trying to read and not fully comprehending something after just waking up from a nap.

If they bring her back, they should do it soon so she can see what a prick Cyclops has become. That should make for great drama.

Still, she would be an acceptable permadeath in my book, but I doubt she will stay dead.

Last edited:
I think Jean is aware of what's going on with Scott. She's appeared to him a bunch of times and was shown at the end of Here Comes Tomorrow to have the ability to reach out and change things/plant ideas and suggestions. I doubt all were hallucinations but Marvel has kind of left it open for reader interpretation.

If Jean Grey ever does come back (time traveling teen version doesn't count) she should join the Avengers and hook up with Captain America - just to piss Cyclops off. :twisted::devil:

Still better than Wolverine.

As much as I want the real Jean to come back, what I really want is a Jean that is a major player regarding mutants. Maybe that's why I really don't mind teen Jean in ANXM. She's confident, has a noble mission statement, and is committed to the struggle. That's the Jean I want. We'll see where it goes, but I hope Jean, whether teen or not, is as important to the X-men and mutants as Cyclops and Wolverine are.

Here is an idea, let me know if its not possible because the laws of imaginary time travel or
something (seriously, I have no clue if this would be considered impossible). In Back the the
Future, I think, they say that traveling back in time creates an alternate timeline that diverges at one
point. Couldn't these All New X-Men then be considered from an alternate timeline? And maybe
that is how they could stay. So you could now have a young Jean Grey, a young Beast without fur,
a young Ice Man, a young Angel without any Apocalypse troubles, and two Cyclopses one young
good and idealistic and one jaded and a little evil.
2556429-all_new_x_men_1_2_02.jpg

You can then have Hank McCoy's character grow in a different way, without the experiment that
mutated him in the first place. Maybe he wont grow fur ever. Or maybe he will mutate in a different
way. You can also have Angel grow up without being influenced by Apocalypse. You could have
Jean Grey back, but a younger version without the Pheonix and with stronger powers. You could
maybe have a bad Cyclops and a good Cyclops at the same time, like having your cake and eating
it too. I mean, everyone is wondering how this will end, and that it will probably end with them
going home and getting their minds erased by Xavier. But what if they dont?

Thoughts? Good? Bad? Impossible?

I personally hope (regular) Jean stays dead. Nothing against the character but death is so meaningless in the Marvel universe. Someone needs to stay dead (besides Uncle Ben and Gwen Stacy).

As for Emma Frost, I'm kind of indifferent but she seems to be an okay character. A bit more personality/moral complexity than Jean. However, I don't realy think this is an "either or" situation.

Still better than Wolverine.
She'd probably get stuck in a triangle between Cap and Wolverine, since her personal life is apparently incapable of functioning without a triangle of some sort. Assuming that Wolverine doesn't decide to ship "Captain Phoenix" (or whatever goofy nickname the tabloids would come up with) - which would still piss Cyclops off, no doubt.

You know, I actually could see them doing that, have Jean join the Avengers just to generate angst on Cyclops's part - of course, it would be ALL about him being angry about his ex-wife going to bat for the other team without any kind of focus as to why Jean would take the Avengers up on the offer.

As much as I want the real Jean to come back, what I really want is a Jean that is a major player regarding mutants. Maybe that's why I really don't mind teen Jean in ANXM. She's confident, has a noble mission statement, and is committed to the struggle. That's the Jean I want. We'll see where it goes, but I hope Jean, whether teen or not, is as important to the X-men and mutants as Cyclops and Wolverine are.
It would help if they didn't keep defaulting to her being the Phoenix's favorite host.

You never know what they'll do in the future, but Marvel has really been taking away the elements of the Phoenix that were unique to Jean. We had the Phoenix Five and Hope as White Phoenix of the Crown. Not to mention the Phoenix has been destroyed for right now. It really seems like they're divorcing Jean from the Phoenix.

But even if they did continue to tie Jean to Phoenix, it doesn't have to hurt Jean's character. The Phoenix is an ally of the mutants and seeks to ensure evolution and progress. It would make sense to have whoever yields the Phoenix to be an X-man.

If they do decide that they want to base her return around love drama if/when it happens, I think it should be someone totally out of left field, like someone else who has transcended human power, like Silver Surfer or somethin'.

Course it's a character I don't care about a whole lot, so a "What the bleeding f**k," twist would suit me well. I'm sure that would make Jean*whoever shippers froth at the mouth.

Last edited:
I think it's a shame Jean has been gone so long and it doesn't seem like she's coming back anytime soon. Plus I always preferred the Jean/Cyclops relationship. I've never really been a fan of Emma Frost either.

And where have I been all this time? Its been a while since I've picked up an x-men comic. I don't have much. I just have Endsong and Warsong...though...I prefer endsong. yet, I call myself a Jean/Cyclops fan when I haven't read every comic book that's been written. :( I feel ashamed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"