Days of Future Past So what will be this Preventable Event?

I didn't mind the concept, but the execution as others have said was terrible. The scene comes off comedic when it really shouldn't have. The scenewas just stupid, much like the movie overall.

"Terrible" is just...terrible hyperbole.

The Danger Room sequence in X3 was obviously MEANT to come across a little lighthearted, with a couple other emotions within it. Because Wolverine wasn't taking it seriously.

I don't think I've ever read a team Danger Room sequence that didn't feature some comedic elements. Seriously. The only time I've seen The Danger Room taken entirely seriously is when Cyclops is pushing himself, and when it became "Danger".

Stupid? Eh. To each his own, I guess. The effects were fantastic, the atmosphere was great. It wasn't meant to be a great, dramatic scene, just one to introduce us to where the X-Men were after the events of X2. And it worked pretty well.

They could make it Kelley's son/daughter who picks up his Mutant Registration Act with more lethal options(ie Sentinels) for what was done to him in X1-X2 and then someone goes back to kill him before all of this started and ends killing more people than just him(terrorist explosion linked to mutants) with alters the timeline and brings the Sentinel program online earlier than the original post X3 timeline.

So the dilemma becomes more of what do they let happen?
wasn't his daughter a mutant

Concerning the Kennedy Assassination, maybe it would work if they have to make it happen instead of prevent it from happening because letting Kennedy live would cause major negative ripples in the future time stream. I'd see that as an interesting way to explore a conflict of conscience within Charles having to let Magneto manipulate the bullet to kill Kennedy.

Fassbender killing JFK is the way to go.

The irony being that Wolverine fails to prevent the assassination when he travels back.

Grim stuff, but great nonetheless.

I would not be surpirsed If It goes like this

The post Singer films future with sentinles accures

Wolverine busts the surviving X-Men from Internment camp.1 character Is sent back In past and seeks help from first Class era X-Men.Mutants are exposed to world but the X-men stop the attack.Character returns to future but In twist ending Magneto still assinates JFK the way It was In history.

As for who travels back I think we are looking at these options

1:Wolverine physical travels to past
2:Xavier Is able to swap Wolverine's mind with younger version
3:Kitty or Rogue physical travels to past
4:Xavier swaps his mind with younger self

Wolverine's role would depend on Is Hugh Jackman willing to jump Into major role In another X-Men film after finishing The wolverine.

For Fox wanting an event film and for PR the hype earlier films cast and first Class cast In same film would bring.Remember all the attention having William Shatner In Star Trek generations and Interacting with Patrick Stewert brought.Having Jackman Interacting with james Mcavoy and Nicholas Holt and facing off with Michael fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence would have lot of attention.Add to that having stewert,Ian Mckellan,and Halle Berry In future scenes.

Vaughn and Singer have all the ingredions for a true blockbuster here.

^great post.

The film has the potential to be FOX's answer to The Avengers and Jackman will definitely wanna tag along for the ride.

As a fan of the series I want the film, by the end of its running time to give us more possibilities than to close a bunch of options for what might be in any further x films.

I think we could see a lot of real interesting dichotomies between who the characters are,and who and what they become in the future. What would First class Magneto think of the X trilogy Magneto if he could see how everything turned out?
Personally I think a lot of these characters would get more radical,believing they hadn't done enough. Lot of neat theories on this thread.

As a fan of the series I want the film, by the end of its running time to give us more possibilities than to close a bunch of options for what might be in any further x films.

I think we could see a lot of real interesting dichotomies between who the characters are,and who and what they become in the future. What would First class Magneto think of the X trilogy Magneto if he could see how everything turned out?
Personally I think a lot of these characters would get more radical,believing they hadn't done enough. Lot of neat theories on this thread.

I just keep getting chills at the thought of a closing scene where Wolverine returns to the future only to find out he averted nothing by going back in time.

Terry Gilliam's [brilliant] 12 MONKEYS comes to mind.

I would love for FOX to do something new with the storyline. Like something related with the younger Jean Grey.

I would love for FOX to do something new with the storyline. Like something related with the younger Jean Grey.

yeaj for example bishop travels back in time to kill jean in order to prevent the phoenix to rise...and having beast and storm back in time to save her (mentally transfer into younger selfs)

I just keep getting chills at the thought of a closing scene where Wolverine returns to the future only to find out he averted nothing by going back in time.

On the one hand, that's a twist. On the other, it sort of makes the whole film pointless if everything is the same.

La Jetee >

someone mentioned the idea of young Xavier dieing in the past, being what changes the future...

an I was thinking about that, if Xavier did die back the 60's the future team of the original films would've never even have been brought together

all those characters would've had completely different life's

I keep picturing this opening scene of sentinels tracking each of them down, and we get a little glimpse of where they ended up, without Xavier's guidance... an then they are all brought together for the first time (in this new timeline) being all put into some mutant prison camp, where they come across an older version of one of the character from first class, like maybe Beast... and he tell's them of Xavier and how none of this would've happened if it wasn't for his death, that this wasn't the vision he had for all mutants...

Last edited:
oohh, really interesting concept

but that would mean that First Class was an alternate timeline than X1-X3, then.

not sure if I like that :(

Like the Dark Phoenix event of X3 being the trigger for Sentinels to be introduced and thus the time travel being an attempt to kill the young Jean?

I guess that could work.

Yes indeed. A bleak future with Sentinels and mutant death camps would be the worst fears for both Magneto (especially, given the Auschwitz background), and Xavier (as his dream of co-existence and peace never came to be). Each would have to strive harder for their dreams.

oohh, really interesting concept

but that would mean that First Class was an alternate timeline than X1-X3, then.

not sure if I like that :(

Well, no, it would mean that the time travel to stop Xavier's death would allow First Class to move forward into the events of X1 to X3.

But it would be better, I think, if a new timeline was created that was separate to X1-X3, so that Vaughn had more freedom to do what he wanted and not line everything up.

There are so many possibilities. This time travel stuff is making my head spin!

true, I would fit the same timeline as X1-X3, with the future still a new timeline

the question would be:

What's exactly the future the x-men want to change?

The future from the 2000's movies or an even further future?

and how to go back to the 60's would change that future, so far from that time?

I think the 90s, would be a good era, since technology was starting to evolve, and it wouldn't be unbeviable to have robots walking around then. Honestly when I watch X1 I get a '97-'99 vibe

someone mentioned the idea of young Xavier dieing in the past, being what changes the future...

an I was thinking about that, if Xavier did die back the 60's the future team of the original films would've never even have been brought together

all those characters would've had completely different life's

I keep picturing this opening scene of sentinels tracking each of them down, and we get a little glimpse of where they ended up, without Xavier's guidance... an then they are all brought together for the first time (in this new timeline) being all put into some mutant prison camp, where they come across an older version of one of the character from first class, like maybe Beast... and he tell's them of Xavier and how none of this would've happened if it wasn't for his death, that this wasn't the vision he had for all mutants...

yea that was my idea, just think what if Xavier was the 1 that was killed and what would'v become of the X-Men? it'll be interesting to see if Magneto took over and who he recruited...

Like the Dark Phoenix event of X3 being the trigger for Sentinels to be introduced and thus the time travel being an attempt to kill the young Jean?

I guess that could work.

That would be a good idea! except for killing the young Jean Grey, that would be brutal. :csad:

James Mardsen has repeatedly said he loved being the X-films and would return if he could. I'm hoping for a badass Cyclops in the alternate future. Or he could even be a mutant collaborator. Would he do that?

"Terrible" is just...terrible hyperbole.

The Danger Room sequence in X3 was obviously MEANT to come across a little lighthearted, with a couple other emotions within it. Because Wolverine wasn't taking it seriously.

I don't think I've ever read a team Danger Room sequence that didn't feature some comedic elements. Seriously. The only time I've seen The Danger Room taken entirely seriously is when Cyclops is pushing himself, and when it became "Danger".

Stupid? Eh. To each his own, I guess. The effects were fantastic, the atmosphere was great. It wasn't meant to be a great, dramatic scene, just one to introduce us to where the X-Men were after the events of X2. And it worked pretty well.

Yeah the part where Wolverine is lighting his cigar on the fire was one of the better parts of the movie. That one action pretty much sums up his whole character, perfect introduction.

I'm not familiar with the comic storyline, but would anyone think they could use this time-changing event to do a Star Trek? You know, not dismiss the other films, but have it as a way to get away from them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"