Spider-man 3 and 4 back to back?

This theory can be proved wrong easily. The Spider-Man movies require many extras during mostly every scene. Some examples include the crowd on the bridge in Spider-Man 1, the people in the bank in Spider-Man 2, the celebration in Spider-Man 3 and just random people walking around the streets, since it is New York. Now what happens when extras get cast is, after they have finished working for the day, they need to sign a waver. This waver contains a lot of personal information as well as the information of the movie they worked on. One of the fields they must fill in is the name of the movie. Now, since I worked as an extra in the celebration scene, I know that we were obligated to write "Spider-Man 3" in this field. If they were, in fact, filming two movies at the same time they would either need to tell all the extras about it, in which way it would never be kept secret, or the extras would never recieve the rightful money they earned after working. I wrote 'Spider-Man 3,' I recieved my money, therefore they cannot be filming a 'Spider-Man 4.'

GhostRider5006 said:
Nahhh. We dont even know if there's GOING yo be a SM4
hopefully there is that would be awesome. if they did spiderman and spiderman4 back to back they would need alot more time to film both movies it would take to long.

And people would notice and info would get leaked to the public that they are filming back to back. No big budget studio movie has ever secretly filmed a sequel at the same time as another movie. Plus I don't think this many people would lie about their not being a Spider-Man 4 in the works yet.

chaseter said:
And people would notice and info would get leaked to the public that they are filming back to back. No big budget studio movie has ever secretly filmed a sequel at the same time as another movie. Plus I don't think this many people would lie about their not being a Spider-Man 4 in the works yet.
same here.

chaseter said:

Kind of what I was trying to say.

I don't believe they are shooting 3 and 4 simultaneously... even though I would LOVE to be proven wrong. The only thing along these lines I can even remotely imagine is a Kill Bill-type scenario where Sam Raimi entered into production with the knowledge that he is filming entirely TOO MUCH footage with the hopes of splitting it into 2 chapters.

I'm sure the studio would eat this up since they would have two features instead of one. But I don't see it shaping up this way. Principal photography didn't (in my opinion) last long enough to produce 3+ hours of footage (and that's assuming - rather generously - that there's one hour of complete CGI to equal 4 hours of film).

There Is No Way They Are Shooting 3 & 4 Together.this Is Total Bs.please Close This Ridiculous Thread.

I too find it perlexing that SM3 and 4 can be shot back to back, but i am curious why sometime earlier this year Sony contracted the marketing guys to make toys for a Spidey 4 if they dont know it will go ahead. Im just wondering.

What would be the need for all this secrecy? If 3 and 4 were being filmed back to back, it would have been announced before filming ever even began, as was the case with the Matrix and Pirate sequels.

There's actually no purpose to keep this a secret, and if it was, it would have leaked out a long time ago, just like the entire story did. :up:

It is interesting to think about. There were many rumors in the beginning about different villains and what not. There were rumors about 4 being shot. Then all the talk about dunst being done at 3 started and marvel and Sony shot down the rumors.

I agree that it would be pretty hard to keep the fact that they are shooting 3 and 4 together a secret. Though I find it curious the long production schedule this movie has had. Not to say movies haven't had long production schedules before, I just find it odd, because you would think they'd have a formula down by the time they get to the third movie.

Maybe Sam is just raising the bar with this one. Maybe they are shooting extra footage to get ready for a possibility of 4. I think all will be revealed pretty soon.

The people who believe this just want something more to talk about and look forward to.

Sadly, this is not happening. It just doesn't make any sense. Why would they went to do this? And why would they be fighting so hard to keep this a secret? Makes no sense.

Also, if this were true, IT WOULD HAVE LEAKED. You can't keep something like this a secret. Hell, the entire plot of the movie leaked. Why wouldn't this?

Jack Phantom said:
Please don't misinterpret what I'm discussing here. I'm not desperately clinging to some dilluted notion that without a SM4 or news of something about it the future has no meaning. I've just been around the writing/production thing for a long time now and there isn't much about the production schedule or completion date as related to the release date that adds up the way it normally would. When I look at it on paper, it doesn't look right as compared to much of anything that has come before it...maybe Raimi and the gang wanted a leisurely pace with snack and nap time between every take and edit point...But I will relent. Too many here believe without any shadow of a doubt that there is absolutely no possible chance that something else is going on...so I will keep my suspicions to myself from now on. I don't visit these boards looking for conflict...just to get a feel for what fans of these projects have on their minds. Thanks.

Well, have fun dreaming about your conspiracy theory.

If this were true, it would the best kept secret ever. I mean, I find it baffling that out of all the people working on SM3 in some department (probably in the thousands), not one person has leaked the fact that they're filming 2 of these movies at the same time. Meanwhile, while production was still going on, the entire plot was leaked to the internet by one of the few people who actually knew the entire plot. Also, the combined budget would be probably close to $400 mil, and there were no reports of this.

This would've have been announced before production ever began, just like it was with the Matrix and Pirates sequels. Why would they want to keep it a secret?

Well I dont full on believe it is happening but they could be filming it all as Spidey 3, then later cut it in half and rename 1 half Spidey 4. Just like Matrix 2 and 3 was 1 movie cut in half.

I doubt what i said but that was my unbiased opinion when it was first rumoured

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"