Far From Home Spider-Man: Far From Home General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

Solid trailer - so hyped about this and Mysterio!

It's crazy to see people on FB and Reddit currently arguing that this is set before IW, when I believe Feige clearly confirmed it's set minutes after Endgame.

Does anyone have the source of when Feige confirmed it?

If this is set minutes after End Game and in End Game
Tony dies as some say Peter looks a bit too cheerful :D

Solid trailer - so hyped about this and Mysterio!

It's crazy to see people on FB and Reddit currently arguing that this is set before IW, when I believe Feige clearly confirmed it's set minutes after Endgame.

Does anyone have the source of when Feige confirmed it?

Spider-Man Homecoming 2 Begins Minutes After Avengers 4

Feige said:
“What I think we should focus on is this Spider-Man who started in Civil War and then has this movie [Homecoming], and then will be in the Avengers movie. And we are starting now the next one which will start a few minutes after Avengers 4 wraps as a story.”

I miss the osbournes and JJJ hopefully in the next movie we get to see those guys introduced I would even get Simmons to do it again
I 'm sure no one would mind that?

Personally, I am sick of the Osbournes and would rather they not appear until after the Sinister Six storyline concludes.

Personally, I am sick of the Osbournes and would rather they not appear until after the Sinister Six storyline concludes.

say word! I mean they need to get that ASM stank off sooner or later lol

Not sure about the Euro trip angle and fighting giant monsters. I think adding Mysterio would have been enough to set this apart from previous Spidey films. Also, the HappyMay subplot left me cold.

So is Mysterio European? :o
Nah man, he's Persian.

hqdefault.jpg

say word! I mean they need to get that ASM stank off sooner or later lol

Still we have had either Harry or Norman as the Goblin in 3 out of 6 Spider-Man films. I say finish the Sinister Six story first and then dust them off. But I don't think they're needed even that soon.

Love me some Tony Revolori as Flash. Seriously love it.

I love the actor, and enjoy his antagonism with Pete in the movie
but also agree with those who don't like him as Flash

If he was just some randomly named doosh in Pete's class, he'd be a scene stealer

So, he wakes up after Endgame, back on the bus Stan Lee was drivin, and their field trip continues without missing a beat?

That's what I'm beginning to think...

The twist will be that Mysterio was a good guy all along... purely because people are expecting it to be a hoax, so that wouldn't be much of a twist ;p

Must be nice to have a family that cares about superheroes. :hehe:

Yes, it is - one of my sisters is actually more obsessed with trying to be Daenerys from Game of Thrones, but the rest all like Marvel and DC - my mom loves Black Widow, my dad has always been a Spider-Man fan, one sister loves Wonder Woman, another loves Cap. My fav is Thor/Wonder Woman. So yeah, we’re all very much into it. :D

I think what I like most about the stories the mcu is telling for spiderman is that it's not about tragedy. I know a big part of spiderman mythos is about him losing something or suffering through tragedy only to get back up. And that's great, it makes for deep emotional stories like ps4 spiderman.

But I like that they've let the suffering take a back a little because this spiderman is still a kid. he's been through one of the greatest tragedies any kid can imagine going through. Now in the old franchises he lost something big in each movie, and that leads to having the same storytelling device in every story whether it works in the movies favor or not.

Now Here as a high school kid he should'nt have to consistently go through tragedy at this point in his life because he's already gone through something huge. Now as an adult that's a different thing because life hits hard no matter who you are. So itll be interesting seeing the transition from teenager to adulthood if spidey stays in the mcu beyond a trilogy. I just think there are ways to deal with power and responsibility without the consequences being the extremes, there are always small lessons to learn alongside major ones.

DOPE DOPE DOPE A** trailer. Man I can't wait for this movie.

- Love Peter as always.

- Aunt May and Happy Hogan, now there's a ship I can get behind.

- Actually looking forward to Peter/MJ developing.

- Fury and Peter is gonna be amazing, you can already see they have great chemistry

- MYSTERIO BIZNITCHES!!!

Also that old school tune at the end was awesome as hell.

CANNOT WAIT!

Trevor Slattery? :o

It would be really funny if they knew each other and were friends in the mcu.

I miss the osbournes and JJJ hopefully in the next movie we get to see those guys introduced I would even get Simmons to do it again
I 'm sure no one would mind that?

I think they're needed at some point. I think you really screw up the myth of the longer you leave them out. I could maybe see the Osborn's being left until Peter's college years, but at least have JJJ in the sequel. Plus I don't count ASM 2 since it screwed up the Goblin so badly.

I'd still love to see Norman as Iron Patriot and head of HAMMER though. It could be a good way to introduce him sooner and keep him fresh.

It would be really funny if they knew each other and were friends in the mcu.

I think they're needed at some point. I think you really screw up the myth of the longer you leave them out. I could maybe see the Osborn's being left until Peter's college years, but at least have JJJ in the sequel. Plus I don't count ASM 2 since it screwed up the Goblin so badly.

I'd still love to see Norman as Iron Patriot and head of HAMMER though. It could be a good way to introduce him sooner and keep him fresh.

It counts. Screwing him up or not, Harry was still a primary antagonist in it. But I agree, college years is when Osborn should be introduced. Which is why the 3rd film in this series should be Peter's Senior year and focus on his graduation. And the Sinister Six.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"