• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Far From Home Spider-Man: Far From Home General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

Mysterio looking great and that was one of the big things I needed, so that's a definite plus.

Watched the trailer once so far. I liked it. More meh though. I wish there was a bit more Mysterio but that's ok...he looked great. I'm getting Ultimate comic and ugh cartoon vibes which I don't like and not a fan of MJ. But I'm not really much of a fan of the supporting cast in this anyway. Since the sand and water monsters are just illusions created by Mysterio I doubt they'll be Marko or Bench. The action sequences looked great. I'm digging the new suit as well.
Pretty much also my feelings. The larger scope for the action is nice after coming from the underwhelming action of Homecoming.

Which is why the 3rd film in this series should be Peter's Senior year and focus on his graduation. And the Sinister Six.
So who would be part of that? I'm thinking Vulture, Shocker, Scorpion and Mysterio because we already have them. Doc Ock probably organizes the group. So that leaves one slot open.

So who would be part of that? I'm thinking Vulture, Shocker, Scorpion and Mysterio because we already have them. Doc Ock probably organizes the group. So that leaves one slot open.

Could be someone in this movie that we haven't seen yet or maybe they introduce someone new who is a flunky for Ock.

Appears Flash has developed some sort of secret crush for Spider-Man after his encounter from the first film. Lol...Love it

So as a preface, I don't think this is going to happen but I saw someone post this idea on another forum and I thought it was kind of neat, despite being extremely unlikely to happen. But what if the Elementals actually turned out to be the Absorbing Man? I know he's not usually a Spidey villain but the idea of 1 villain pretending to be multiple ones in a movie involving Mysterio seemed kind of cool...albeit unlikely

I love the actor, and enjoy his antagonism with Pete in the movie
but also agree with those who don't like him as Flash

If he was just some randomly named doosh in Pete's class, he'd be a scene stealer
I mean, how is he really different from high school Flash? He just isn't an all-star athlete, which wouldn't make sense given the school Peter isn't at. It's been established that he's physically dominant in his class and he's a pretty darn embodiment of a modern high school bully. I had to deal with plenty of kids like him.
I miss the osbournes and JJJ hopefully in the next movie we get to see those guys introduced I would even get Simmons to do it again
I 'm sure no one would mind that?
I for one would mind. They've gone to so much effort to make MCU Spidey new, it would make no sense to bring Simmons back. When we finally get JJJ again, I want a more nuanced version of the character.

How did Peter not sense Fury in the room?
There was no danger directed towards him. Now, if a dart was shot at him... I'm assuming that's when his spider-sense kicks in.

Spider-sense does not work like the Force in Star Wars.

I'm iffy on wheter he should have sensed the dart or not, since it was thrown at his friend in close quarters.

But I agree, college years is when Osborn should be introduced. Which is why the 3rd film in this series should be Peter's Senior year and focus on his graduation. And the Sinister Six.
Totally agreed! How exciting would that be?!

PHvxX3I.gif

:hmr:
Beautiful!! :cool:

I've said it before but after seeing the trailer I'll say it again: I think it's so dumb that we're not going to see the dramatic fallout of May discovering he's Spidey on film, and instead already back into the grind with a twist, and another comedic twist- she's dating Happy! Whaaaa?!

I guess big emotional exchanges are too hard for them to do, it's a missed opportunity to just not show any of that especially when the most interesting stuff with that in the comics was the conversation afterwards.

I've said it before but after seeing the trailer I'll say it again: I think it's so dumb that we're not going to see the dramatic fallout of May discovering he's Spidey on film, and instead already back into the grind with a twist, and another comedic twist- she's dating Happy! Whaaaa?!

I guess big emotional exchanges are too hard for them to do, it's a missed opportunity to just not show any of that especially when the most interesting stuff with that in the comics was the conversation afterwards.
How do you know? It's a trailer after all.

How do you know? It's a trailer after all.
Because it all happened right after the end of Homecoming and we don't get to see any of it.

This movie takes place who knows how long after that movie, I heard Infinity War was 2 years after Homecoming and we can guess this is also around then.

The effects are far more impressive than in any non-Raimi film. It’s time for something in SM2’s league.

I don’t mind who they go with for the 6th slot, but Ock is a must!

Does anyone else think that an air Elemental is what's causing that crazy storm at Tower Bridge? Or is it just Mysterio himself causing it?

It’s a 5 minute conversation.

Aunt May: You can’t do this. You’ll get yourself killed!
Peter: May, I have to. It’s what Uncle Ben would have wanted right? To look out for the little guy?
Aunt May: I don’t approve but I know I can’t stop you. So if you’re going to do this you have to promise me you’re going to call me every minute you’re out in that suit.

The Aunt May in this series isn’t some octogenarian who is clueless.

Peter: May, I have to. It’s what Uncle Ben would have wanted right? To look out for the little guy?
Aunt May: I don’t approve but I know I can’t stop you. So if you’re going to do this you have to promise me you’re going to call me every minute you’re out in that suit.

Would have been nice to see!

ASM38v2_02-1005x1024.jpg

Something like the above would only add to the film.

Because it all happened right after the end of Homecoming and we don't get to see any of it.

This movie takes place who knows how long after that movie, I heard Infinity War was 2 years after Homecoming and we can guess this is also around then.
It's all speculation then. We'll know more as we get through the year. But we do see him packing his bags to Europe and going through all the packing and stuff... and he has a luggage with the initials of BFP... which I assume is Uncle Ben's suitcase. Now... I can't say there won't be any heavy moments. But there's plenty of opportunities for such... I just don't know... I can't say until the day after the film's release when you and I get to revisit the whole movie.

Soo... don't you think you're jumping the gun in either case?

Right, but we still might get a 1v1 convo about it in the film. Wouldn't put it past them.

It's not a problem for me because May discovered Peter' secret in a comedic scene.
They are just maintaining the same tone here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EliSan
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"