Playstation Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 3

Right. I'm a casual gamer. The PS3 was the biggest leap for me in 2012. Before that I had the Wii.

So I haven't played all the other games like Web of Shadows etc.

I did play Spider-man 3 on Wii. That was okay.

I guess I would say i'm like that person that can't tell the difference from a movie that is moving at 60fps or a regular DVD to a blu-ray.

Right now Spider-man PS4 looks better(Obviously) but I can't really compare and contrast the swinging physics and dynamics.

EDIT: Yes. Spider-man can swim!

Last edited:
Well he can until hydro man turns up lol.

It’s so cool daredevil is in this! He would be a perfect candidate for his own game actually

Daredevil is in? In what capacity? Cameo or bigger role?

[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

hqdefault.jpg

[YT]6DvtUwTcDwk[/YT]
E3 2018 Day 1 Impressions from the Show Floor! - Electric Playground[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]Published on 06/13/2018[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]Today in the Rundown, Victor Lucas gives us his impressions from the floor of E3 2018 and tells us what he thinks of the first games he's played, including the new [/FONT][FONT=Roboto !important]Spider-Man and Super Smash Bros Ultimate! [/FONT]

Based on what I've been reading, it sounds like the swinging is great, but the combat/fighting is a bit generic?

Based on what I've been reading, it sounds like the swinging is great, but the combat/fighting is a bit generic?

Those who played it said it's very dynamic, between ground combat, air combat, stealth, environmental combat, melee, web attacks, web-strikes, swinging kicks, finishers, grapples, ground slams, the various ways you can dodge, disarming, gadgets. Lots of ways to approach combat. Animations are also contextual. Every costume also has a super-move and you can customize every suit with another suit's super-move.

Last edited:
Well he can until hydro man turns up lol.

It’s so cool daredevil is in this! He would be a perfect candidate for his own game actually

I need a Netflix Daredevil game in the style of GTA.

I think expanding on the swimming part they should have spider-man swim into underwater pipes for villains with underwater lairs.

I don't think I'd even bother playing a VR/First Person Spider-Man game. I find First Person to be awkward almost every time I've had to endure it in a game I was playing.
I know that's how I feel, I wouldn't want first person anywhere near a Spider-Man game, except if it was a cheat like the 2002 movie game.

He did say on first glance. And I admit, on first glance, it does look similar, if not exactly like Amazing Spider-Man. Including the zipping to perch points. Insomniac basically carried everything over that Beenox did with their game. Even the stealth gameplay, minus the gadgets, looks like it's lifted straight from Amazing Spider-Man. So if you haven't followed the game at all, it's a valid question to ask what makes this game different from the last two games.
Yep, that was my first impression watching the reveal teaser trailer.

Yes. Spider-man can swim!
I'm glad more people like this idea. :up: :up:

If we can race him to a street event, I'll be happy that my idea reached them.

I think that is a way of confirming the Superior Spider-Man costume.

With as many suits they have, I really hope for a Tobey Maguire/Raimi one. Has anything been hinted at?

https://www.polygon.com/comics/2018/6/15/17463654/spider-man-insomniac-games-marvel-comics-spidergeddon

The article about that:

Christos Gage is writing an event book called Spider-Geddon this fall, he's also the writer for this game so he's bringing PS4 Spidey to the comics. That story takes place after the game.
I'll just guess that this -most likely- awesome take on Spidey will survive.

In Spider-Man 3 and Web of Shadows the swimming was so basic and not special looking. But I liked it instead of just hopping back out or dying. Glad to see it looks great here.
Still looks basic here. I like seeing that water doesn't clog your webshooters.

I'll just guess that this -most likely- awesome take on Spidey will survive.

Still looks basic here. I like seeing that water doesn't clog your webshooters.

I meant like basic as in it doesn't really have any physical effect on the water itself. And now you can see his body in the water as opposed to anything under just disappearing. It's like they didn't put much effort into making it look amazing back then because it wasn't a big part of the gameplay and they had no time to do so, but they wanted it to not just go to black like in previous games. It was nice.

Another comic cover

DfwupWnUYAEsy66.jpg:large

With as many suits they have, I really hope for a Tobey Maguire/Raimi one. Has anything been hinted at?

They've said they have "suits based on the films" but we already have the Homecoming homemade suit and Iron Spider suit from Infinity War confirmed, so it COULD be just those, but they have said they have so many suits it'll make your head spin. Like more than we're probably expecting. So it's almost 100% possible that at least the red and blue Raimi suit appears.

If your question is in relation to wearing the classic suit in this game: You start the game it. The first mission is done in the classic outfit. One would hope it can be switched back right away but maybe not. Maybe you only unlock it after beating the game...

Have to say, from the gameplay I've seen I don't like how Spiderman can literally run on any wall in any direction. I hope the final build of the game has that toned down, beyond a few glancing steps he shouldn't be able to run on walls IMO.

More new covers
Dfwv8j0VAAA451I.jpg:large

DfwwpqTVAAANNUu.jpg

DfwxXzDUEAAvMgD.jpg

DfwyLbSVMAEydpH.jpg

Have to say, from the gameplay I've seen I don't like how Spiderman can literally run on any wall in any direction. I hope the final build of the game has that toned down, beyond a few glancing steps he shouldn't be able to run on walls IMO.

Their whole goal was for him to never stop moving. The wall running I think is not changing at all.

Also, why would Spidey not run on the wall? He's done that in almost every video game he's been in since 2004 and in a number of the films and comics.

His feet stick to walls though... and he has super strength which would let his body pull against gravity. And its a video game.

Their whole goal was for him to never stop moving. The wall running I think is not changing at all.

Also, why would Spidey not run on the wall? He's done that in almost every video game he's been in since 2004 and in a number of the films and comics.

His feet stick to walls though... and he has super strength which would let his body pull against gravity. And its a video game.

The last Spiderman game I can recall playing, he crawled up the walls & if I recall correctly in order to move faster going up he shot 2 webs up, pulled & somewhat launched himself up a section of building quicker than you'd be able to crawl.

There also was wall running in the last game I played but it wasn't infinite, it was something you did when near a wall & he took I believe 3 or 4 steps then pushed off, you also couldn't run straight up either.

I love these homages to previous covers. :awesome:
I meant like basic as in it doesn't really have any physical effect on the water itself. And now you can see his body in the water as opposed to anything under just disappearing. It's like they didn't put much effort into making it look amazing back then because it wasn't a big part of the gameplay and they had no time to do so, but they wanted it to not just go to black like in previous games. It was nice.
Oh, I see what you mean now. I wanted Spidey to swim for a couple of years after playing USM for the first time, seeing it realized in Treyacrh's Spidey 3 was one of multitude of reasons I finished that game close to 50 times (counting New Game+ among these times).

Have to say, from the gameplay I've seen I don't like how Spider-Man can literally run on any wall in any direction. I hope the final build of the game has that toned down, beyond a few glancing steps he shouldn't be able to run on walls IMO.
Why should it bother you? It keeps gameplay fun instead of adding needless hinderance.

I love these homages to previous covers. :awesome:
Oh, I see what you mean now. I wanted Spidey to swim for a couple of years after playing USM for the first time, seeing it realized in Treyacrh's Spidey 3 was one of multitude of reasons I finished that game close to 50 times (counting New Game+ among these times).

Why should it bother you? It keeps gameplay fun instead of adding needless hinderance.

What would gaming be without needless hinderance ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"