The Amazing Spider-Man Spider-Man Reboot Costume - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how you think polishing is something so little that whatever he writes won't have any effect on the script. Start praying now. The world is going to end.
Kaw is pretty much just in denial about Alvin on the script. sure, he's polishing it, but KAw's acting like he hasn't even touched it.

Alvin actually rewrote it. Sony wanted a second version. I don't know who's they're going to base it off of though.

But, now that I think of it. They may be using James'. The rumors of the movie moving to college might have been based off Alvin's script (he is older, he may not like writing high school)

Just my thought on the subject....

desktop3.jpg

This is my desktop at the moment.

looks pretty cool! I made a new picture that I put in the manip thread.
Newest fake screen cap
fakespideycap3.jpg
If the quality was better I would love to make it my desktop

I'm still bugging over can't seeing the black webbing in the costume what's that all about???

: (

^^ It's fine if people don't like them, but it's another when one film that they found dissapointing changes their whole look on the franchise as well as the director himself. I mean, is it really a coincidence that poeple started to bash Raimi the most when the reboot was announced?
This is the part that pisses me off the most. It's like every complaint that somebody has with the films stands as proof that Raimi is a terrible filmmaker and doesn't care about Spider-Man. (And anybody who says that Sam Raimi is talentless hasn't seen Evil Dead 2. Just sayin'.)

And again, I don't think the Raimi movies are perfect. All three of them have their flaws (and moments of unadulterated goofinesss), but I think the first two are really engaging and well-crafted, and the third one is (at the very least) impressive on a technical level. But most of all, the Raimi films (at least the first two) seem like they were made by somebody who loved the character a lot. Say what you will about where the movies succeed and fail as adaptations, but I think it would be difficult that Raimi's films were made carelessly.

I'm still bugging over can't seeing the black webbing in the costume what's that all about???

Ya know how the official picture showed the webbing? Well...why are you even questioning it?!

It might be a stunt suit
The pictures have terrible lighting

That's two AMAZING reasons! Plus...

The webbing might be heightened in post production.

Ya know how the official picture showed the webbing? Well...why are you even questioning it?!

It might be a stunt suit
The pictures have terrible lighting

That's two AMAZING reasons! Plus...

The webbing might be heightened in post production.

I don't know it just does? I hope you're right :csad:

I don't know it just does? I hope you're right :csad:

I'm more than amazed that you're worried. You saw the webs in the official picture. That's what the suit will look like. Why are you so worried?

They are tiny black lines. The further the camera is the less you see them and they even disappear. That is why the last suit had thicker webbing. It isn't the lighting because the movie will probably look darker than those pics and it isn't just the stunt suit because they aren't going to go in and digitally add black webbing to every frame to make it look like the hero suit.

So on close ups, like the official pic, you will see the black webbing. On shots that aren't 1 foot in front of him, they will most likely disappear. That may also be a budgetary reason. They may have not wanted to go in and digitally add webbing during cgi shots so they made the suit that way so that in distant shots you can't see webbing anyways.

Well man, I mean... OF COURSE. What's so revolutionary about your theory?

I will be certainly here if I think the suit works on screen saying so. I already said this but I hated the SR Superman suit untill I saw it on screen. I hated the first Batman suit back in 1989 (and Michael Keaton as Batman) untill I saw the movie.

I have zero problem admitting that the suit actually works. But the game is like this; you critizise what you can see the way it is presented to you.

Sorry, but I should have clarified. I was referring to the types that act like they never hated the suit to begin with. My mistake.

Basically. Great post S-Fan. :up:

It has to be said. Especially because it seems like every thread in the reboot forum devolves into my director is potentially better than yours, and it has grown tiresome.

They are tiny black lines. The further the camera is the less you see them and they even disappear. That is why the last suit had thicker webbing. It isn't the lighting because the movie will probably look darker than those pics and it isn't just the stunt suit because they aren't going to go in and digitally add black webbing to every frame to make it look like the hero suit.

So on close ups, like the official pic, you will see the black webbing. On shots that aren't 1 foot in front of him, they will most likely disappear. That may also be a budgetary reason. They may have not wanted to go in and digitally add webbing during cgi shots so they made the suit that way so that in distant shots you can't see webbing anyways.

the webbing would be part of the model they use for said digital shots. And its very unlikely - improbable - that we'll only get cgi for "distant" shots.

Sorry, but I should have clarified. I was referring to the types that act like they never hated the suit to begin with. My mistake.

Makes more sense, but just as expected. :cwink:

What is it with people being so extreme? Can you not like something and notice its faults? Does everybody with something negative to say have to be riding this geeky bandwagon and be labelled a hater? And are the people who jumped ship and landed on the wagon not allowed to change their opinion? Even after they were let down? It's human nature to allow the bad to taint the good
Brilliant, 100% brilliant
There are times when I think "things shouldn't be hated to the extreme", even with things I'm very negative on

the webbing would be part of the model they use for said digital shots. And its very unlikely - improbable - that we'll only get cgi for "distant" shots.

You mis- understood what I said. The further the shot, the less the details are. Those black lines are tiny and easily disappear. The more detail, the more complex the cgi shots are...aka more expensive. Most of the close ups I would bet are practical. I would also bet that most of the cgi will be non closeups or in fast motion so that less details are needed for shots.

We're never going to agree with what happened in the past, so for the love of God, let's look forward, as Spider-Man fans, for this fresh start, that's all I'm saying.

so what your saying is we should stop dwelling on the past and look at this as a....
BRAND NEW DAY?
:oldrazz:

so what your saying is we should stop dwelling on the past and look at this as a....
BRAND NEW DAY?
:oldrazz:

my Spider Senses tell me that some people now have a really bad feeling about this reboot :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"