Homecoming "Spider-Man Summit" Thread - Part 1

What do you think will be announced guys?
Predictions
Sinister Six Cast Revealed and some Plot
The 2017 film is Black Cat
Sony re-re-announce Webb as Director for ASM3 (he was confirmed to return at Comic-Con)
A Venom movie is given a release date but no casting
An actual event movie with Spider-Man fighting the Sinister Six in 2019
Some kind of Marvel co-operation
Tolmach and Arad are re-re-announced as Producers for these films (they were previously confirmed two months ago I think for Venom and S6).
The whole thing wont be very long like the James Bond announcment.

Remeber the first deal was offered in October, the second in November.

The counter from marvel would have been submitted after the leak. They do want him, and they know Sony may cave, so they'd at least send another offer.

That's probably still with sony, post leak. They've got the following options;

-Continue ASM series without Andrew Garfield.
-Reboot by themselves.
-Reboot with Marvel.

Right now they are in absolute shambles, they've offended a lot of people, will get sued, have lost at least 50 million on the interview, have potentially more hacks to come, and are basically the laughing stock of the film industry right now. Pair that with increasingly poorly performing spidey movies, they really are backed into a corner. The leaks of the potential deal have only made matters worse as they face extreme pressure from the GA and hardcore fans alike to make a deal with an objectively more succesful studio.

To put it lightly, sony are completely *****. No ifs or buts about it.

At this point the only thing we can know for sure is that Spidey WILL go back to marvel, its just a matter of WHEN it will. Absolutely no chance a Solo-Sony-Spidey will recover, eventually they'll have to stop. Their only other option is to work with Marvel now.

There is no concievable scenario, based of the information we have right now, that ends with Sony holding the property in 100% perpetuity for years to come.

This is coming from someone who really really loved all 5 spidey films, and the TASM Series especially.

Sony must make a deal if they want spidey, and perhaps even their entire film division, to prosper. They're on life support people.

Go with an 80/20 split for production costs. Let Sony get up to two Marvel characters for the solo films (Kingpin, DD, Punisher type characters) not including cameos or fan service. Spidey has a small role in Infinity War along with the CW cameo. Goddard directs Spidey for July 2019. Two more Spidey films by 2025. Sony covers 80% of costs for solo films. Split the distribution (Sony gets International distribution rights). I would also include an exclusive Marvel Netflix show that reworks the Origin and develops key characters. One season, 10-12 episodes.

If Sony get to use two Marvel characters then Marvel will insist it is in a rebooted universe that dovetails into the MCU.

If I had to choose which two Marvel characters to grab for the solo Spider-Man movie it would absolutely be Daredevil and Punisher. That would be freaking AWESOME!!!!

Spider-Man: Gang War

Tombstone and Hammer
Kingpin (A Spider-Man character)
Silvermane

Street level crime drama. Back on the CG and put more emphasis on the drama.

Would Sony choose the characters most naturally associated with Spidey like DD and Punisher though? Or would they want Cap and Iron Man instead just to boost their box office earnings?

DD and Punisher haven't exactly done that well in the movies before. Yes, they are probably the best characters to use, but from a business point of view Sony wouldn't see it that way.

Would Sony choose the characters most naturally associated with Spidey like DD and Punisher though? Or would they want Cap and Iron Man instead just to boost their box office earnings?

DD and Punisher haven't exactly done that well in the movies before. Yes, they are probably the best characters to use, but from a business point of view Sony wouldn't see it that way.

They'd have to resign Evans and RDJ to a deal though, and RDJ will probably take any of the profits that are attributed to him anyway.

But yes if it's solely Sonys decision as to who they pick, they aren't gonna pick a Netflix character and a guy not yet been in a big film.

If Sony get to use two Marvel characters then Marvel will insist it is in a rebooted universe that dovetails into the MCU.

If I had to choose which two Marvel characters to grab for the solo Spider-Man movie it would absolutely be Daredevil and Punisher. That would be freaking AWESOME!!!!

Tombstone and Hammer
Silvermane

Those two wold be great and make the most sense but I can see them going for someone with a bigger name that won't be impossible to get in there (in a financial point of view) e.g hulk

Those two wold be great and make the most sense but I can see them going for someone with a bigger name that won't be impossible to get in there (in a financial point of view) e.g hulk

Hulk would be a huge cost with all the CGI. On top of that they'd have to do all the Spider-Man CGI. It's simpler to get someone not so effect heavy like Black Widow or Cap.

I guess the positive side of a deal. If they announce a deal & keep the details a secret. Whenever something stupid happens involving Spidey in the MCU or hell if something stupid happens in a movie in general. We can blame Sony & curse out MARVEL for taking the deal

Last edited:
I guess the positive side of a deal. If they announce a deal & keep the details a secret. Whenever something stupid happens involving Spidey in the MCU or hell if something stupid happens in a movie in general. We can blame Sony & curse out MARVEL for taking the deal

Hey we could blame Sony, didn't Pascal suggest that if Marvel wanted their logo in front of the Spiderman films then they could have the Sony logo in front of the other MCU films.

Which is the most ridiculous request ever, Disneys logo isn't even in front of the MCU films. But if they want it then they can take the blame for the bad MCU films that come out :o

Hey we could blame Sony, didn't Pascal suggest that if Marvel wanted their logo in front of the Spiderman films then they could have the Sony logo in front of the other MCU films.

Which is the most ridiculous request ever, Disneys logo isn't even in front of the MCU films. But if they want it then they can take the blame for the bad MCU films that come out :o

Marvel are the ones offering a lifeline to Sony, not the other way round. So having Sony want their logo in front of MCU films is indeed ridiculous. Marvel are the ones who have established this cinematic universe already from the phase 1 and 2 films. Sony have had nothing to do with that. To just get to put their logo above those movies is being very presumptuous.

Marvel are the ones offering a lifeline to Sony, not the other way round. So having Sony want their logo in front of MCU films is indeed ridiculous. Marvel are the ones who have established this cinematic universe already from the phase 1 and 2 films. Sony have had nothing to do with that. To just get to put their logo above those movies is being very presumptuous.

Indeed but Pascal definitely mentioned it as one of her things she wants in the deal. That was the October emails I believe, but the November one seemed even more bias towards Sony if you ask me.

Next Sony will want Brian Tyler to compose them a fanfare theme for an animated Sony logo to stick above these movies as well.

Arad, Pascal, Tolmach etc. are all idiots, who don't know how to utilize Spidey, or his villains Or his supporting cast :doh: I want them out COMPLETELY!

Arad, Pascal, Tolmach etc. are all idiots, who don't know how to utilize Spidey, or his villains Or his supporting cast :doh: I want them out COMPLETELY!

I think most people can agree with that

So if there are future Spider-Man solo films, will they be considered the 15th, 16th (or whatever number) movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Or will these not be counted as such if they are still partial Sony productions?

Tombstone and Hammer
Silvermane

Yes, I want Spisey to team up with the Avengers, in Avengers movies. Really want to see RDJ with Spidey.

But, you are correct. those would be the best characters to cross over in Spidey solo movies. I'd love to see a Gang War storyline. And though I know some would groan, I'd like to see Gobby involved, afterall that's how the character started, a mysterious figure trying to take over the criminal underworld.

But, I'd also like to see Spidey's own movies, with his own villains and supporting cast. You don't need to hit people over the head he's in the MCU after it has been established in Civil War.

Yes, I want Spisey to team up with the Avengers, in Avengers movies. Really want to see RDJ with Spidey.

But, you are correct. those would be the best characters to cross over in Spidey solo movies. I'd love to see a Gang War storyline. And though I know some would groan, I'd like to see Gobby involved, afterall that's how the character started, a mysterious figure trying to take over the criminal underworld.

But, I'd also like to see Spidey's own movies, with his own villains and supporting cast. You don't need to hit people over the head he's in the MCU after it has been established in Civil War.

I think Norman should just be Norman for at least two movies.

The potential of a street level movie is huge and what's more it would dovetail with the Netflix tv series. Keep CG to a minimum and have DRAMA. The super powered villains should be nothing more than henchmen. The mob bosses should be human, well, maybe not Tombstone.

So if there are future Spider-Man solo films, will they be considered the 15th, 16th (or whatever number) movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Or will these not be counted as such if they are still partial Sony productions?

That's a good question. I mean, they'd be part of the MCU, but would marvel include them in say, a phase 3 DVD collection?

I think Norman should just be Norman for at least two movies.

The potential of a street level movie is huge and what's more it would dovetail with the Netflix tv series. Keep CG to a minimum and have DRAMA. The super powered villains should be nothing more than henchmen. The mob bosses should be human, well, maybe not Tombstone.

I agree with these ideas. I said in another thread/post that Spidey films should start with new villains, like Vulture and Mysterio, but Norman and Otto should be introduced as their pre-goblin & Ock selves. But when you get to a gang war, if a little later, it would be a good time to intro Gobby.

That's one area that I would like to see changed. Take some of the greater, A-list villains and introduce them early on prior to their transformations. Get away from the introduction to transformation all in one film routine that we've seen so many times over, especially with the heavy hitters. I really want to see some genuine character building in both the villains and 'friendlies.'

That's a good question. I mean, they'd be part of the MCU, but would marvel include them in say, a phase 3 DVD collection?

Also, if Sony don't get to put their logo above the other MCU films, what happens on a Phase 3 box set if it does include the Spidey solo films? Do Sony get to put their logo on the overall box cover artwork because their movies are part of it? Or are their logos only on the individual disc boxes?

That's one area that I would like to see changed. Take some of the greater, A-list villains and introduce them early on prior to their transformations. Get away from the introduction to transformation all in one film routine that we've seen so many times over, especially with the heavy hitters. I really want to see some genuine character building in both the villains and 'friendlies.'

The problem with some of the other studio-produced movies is that you can't be quite sure how long they're going to last or how well they'll do and whether they'll be successful enough for a sequel. So that's probably why they tend to blow it all in one go.

But with the MCU, it's very established and doesn't look to be going away anywhere quickly. So it's easy to just introduce a character and watch their development over several movies - not even a movie of that solo character. Black Widow, for example, has developed in 3 different movies now. And they have the TV shows to develop as well.

In my opinion, the worst possible outcome would end with Sony having any creative control/influence over any aspect of the MCU. Marvel Studios needs to remain pure. I'd much rather Sony retain the rights to Spider-Man for perpetuity than see him return to Marvel with Sony even pulling a single string.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"