Homecoming Tom Holland IS Peter Parker / Spider-Man - Part 1

I didn't say they're lovers.

If Laurel and Hardy could share a bed and still be in heterosexual relationships with their wives, then Tom and his BFF can ride a two-seater bike just as they please :p

The nba ones were my favorite. I didnt think the GOAT Timmy D would actually come out

The NBA spots were highly entertaining but hopefully not indicative of the character in the film.

As much as I identify with Spider-Man, I can't remember a Peter Parker that would've cared about the NBA Finals lol.

The NBA spots were highly entertaining but hopefully not indicative of the character in the film.

As much as I identify with Spider-Man, I can't remember a Peter Parker that would've cared about the NBA Finals lol.

We had one who liked jazz.

p4KRDR1.gif

Yeah, but so did a lot of kids in the old days.. Cos, you know, Peter, in his debut, was born in the 40's... which means they got that part of his characterisation correct, I think... Yeah :hmm

Tom's reaping the benefits of that Spidey fame...

Just like good ol' naïve Pete, didn't make any hard moves. On camera anyway.

:sly:

Tom was brilliant as Spider-Man, he was humorous and on point every time. His Peter Parker was nerdy enough without being annoying

Tom's reaping the benefits of that Spidey fame...

Just like good ol' naïve Pete, didn't make any hard moves. On camera anyway.

:sly:

I bet he really want to shoot his webs all over her.

Tom Holland was my favorite thing about Spider-Man: Homecoming.

He is a fantastic Spider-Man. And ... The end of the movie. THE END OF THE MOVIE. Be still my heart. This is gonna be weird to say, but ... I was so proud of him at the end! I was like, "Look at my favorite superhero, everyone. He's the best." :hrt:

If a cynical, nihilistic old bag like myself feels childhood glee when watching her favorite superhero in a movie, then you know the movie and the actor did something right.

Tom Holland did a wonderful job carrying his own movie. He was highly entertaining and engaging as Peter and Spider-Man, and was very likable in the role.

[YT]OkHyG3CJsDA[/YT]

Tom should be proud, he is the most faithful adaptation of Spider-Man so far.

Tom was brilliant as Spider-Man, he was humorous and on point every time. His Peter Parker was nerdy enough without being annoying

Yeap. He wasn't too emo and hip like Garfield, nor a nerdy caricature like Tobey. He didn't look 15 at all but he did look like he fit in high school more than the other two.

Best iteration of Parker so far. The naive, pure high school type that we were waiting for. I like Tobey even if his portrayal and the HS environment were cliche.
Garfield didn't click with me. Something brooding or emo-like (some earlier poster stated) that I just couldn't get behind.

I think that's really the key here, we know that Holland IS both Spidey and Peter Parker. We see through the mask and care for him as Parker and all want him to be the hero that he also feels he has to be (and is). Very relatable. Well done.

Hollande is what I didn't know I wanted Tobias to be. A socially awkward geek, but not pathetically so. It's a delicate balancing act. It seems the only way McGuire could interpret an awkward geek was to package it with massive pathetic-ness. I suppose that was appropriate for the first couple of Spider-man runs. But not afterwards. Certainly not for modern reimagining of Parker in Ultimate Spider-man and Spectacular Spider-man.

Could be awkward it they break up before they make the sequel :)

Tom Holland was my favorite thing about Spider-Man: Homecoming.

He is a fantastic Spider-Man. And ... The end of the movie. THE END OF THE MOVIE. Be still my heart. This is gonna be weird to say, but ... I was so proud of him at the end! I was like, "Look at my favorite superhero, everyone. He's the best." :hrt:

If a cynical, nihilistic old bag like myself feels childhood glee when watching her favorite superhero in a movie, then you know the movie and the actor did something right.

I agree with this so much. The growth he showed during the third act was amazing,only to screw something else up in the very last scene! That's Spider-Man.

Yeah Tom was really great as Spidey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"