Star Trek Beyond - Part 4

will this be another reboot with an all new cast then??

"Decades" before Star Trek 2009. But I guess that also means decades before everything, right? Because the Kelvin universe doesn't begin until the beginning of that movie.

I assume they just want to do their own "prequel" without being beholden to Enterprise or Discovery putting them into a box.

Will believe it when I see it at this point but clearly Paramount has been forced to abandon the Abrams cast sequel. It's just not happening right now. Paramount screwed that up at every angle.

I'm really confused why they made all those announcements and failed to deliver on every single one. This all fell apart post-Beyond because they didn't want to pay some of the cast members what they already agreed to. And then they announced the sequel again when none of the cast members were signed to new deals, which was a huge gamble that didn't pay off at all.

Now, what it means to abandon the Abrams cast at least means they can start fresh with a new cast and they'd be a lot cheaper to start out.

I'm still disappointed with the Abrams films. They successfully relaunched the franchise and were riding tons of momentum and goodwill. Then they totally squandered it.

Then they had the 50th anniversary for Beyond and they did nothing to capitalize on it at all. The marketing for Beyond was awful. Absolutely awful.

Such a shame to abandon that awesome new cast. I will believe this new movie happens when I see it.

Such a shame to abandon that awesome new cast. I will believe this new movie happens when I see it.
Will believe it when I see it at this point but clearly Paramount has been forced to abandon the Abrams cast sequel. It's just not happening right now. Paramount screwed that up at every angle.

I'm really confused why they made all those announcements and failed to deliver on every single one. This all fell apart post-Beyond because they didn't want to pay some of the cast members what they already agreed to. And then they announced the sequel again when none of the cast members were signed to new deals, which was a huge gamble that didn't pay off at all.

Now, what it means to abandon the Abrams cast at least means they can start fresh with a new cast and they'd be a lot cheaper to start out.

I'm still disappointed with the Abrams films. They successfully relaunched the franchise and were riding tons of momentum and goodwill. Then they totally squandered it.

Then they had the 50th anniversary for Beyond and they did nothing to capitalize on it at all. The marketing for Beyond was awful. Absolutely awful.
The same article says that a fourth and final film with that cast is still in active development as well. Granted, there's zero guarantee that it will happen after so many abandoned attempts, but they're still trying to make it and the fact that it is reported to be the last one makes me think they are probably a bit more serious and certain about this than before.

Last edited:
How many times have we had an announcement of a new Kelvin-timeline Star Trek movie since Beyond?
Really does feel like Star Trek’s answer to the Batman drought between 1997-2005.

Hell, it’s already been longer than the gap between Nemesis and JJ’s first movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"