The Last Jedi Star Wars Episode 8 Box Office Prediction Thread

jokesonm3

Jokes For Short.
Reaction score
Since SW7 is doing some amazing numbers at the Box Office right now, how do you think its sequel will do? :woot:

I would predict but I want to wait until the run is over in China.

Same we don't know how much 7 is going to end at. I think 8 will make around the same has 7 maybe a little less but we don't know how much 7 is going to end at yet so I cant really say how much I think 8 will make. Kind of early for this when we don't know 7s final number yet.

Over a billion worldwide easily. Maybe if they add either another Donnie Yen type for the Chinese market, I'd say close to 2 billion.

I can't imagine it will come all that close to TFA. Simply put, the anticipation and marketing of VII was off the charts and that will be hard to replicate -- I also think it's easier to have these massive grosses as a December release with less competition than in May.

Here's an image of all the films releasing in spring of 2017.

lNHlgD1.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_in_film#April_.E2.80.93_June

As you can see it's a packed month.

And i'd like to remind you all that Barbie means serious business. :ninja:

I can't imagine it will come all that close to TFA. Simply put, the anticipation and marketing of VII was off the charts and that will be hard to replicate -- I also think it's easier to have these massive grosses as a December release with less competition than in May.

Hence why they've now move Ep 8 to Dec.2017

Around 1.5-2 Billion. If it's even more well liked than Episode VII and the brand expands in china, there's also the possibility it will make more than Force Awakens.

Hence why they've now move Ep 8 to Dec.2017

Yep. It's a smart move.

I still think that even if it's better than TFA it will have a tough time replicating that box office (domestically, anyway... Internationally it has tons of room to grow.) That was a special one time only event picture in terms of anticipation... They're gonna miss Han Solo in the marketing, IMO. We'll see how much of a draw Rey, Finn, and Poe really are.

Around 1.5-2 Billion. If it's even more well liked than Episode VII and the brand expands in china, there's also the possibility it will make more than Force Awakens.

I think China just won't ever embrace SW the way we always hope it will.

Yep. It's a smart move.

I still think that even if it's better than TFA it will have a tough time replicating that box office (domestically, anyway... Internationally it has tons of room to grow.) That was a special one time only event picture in terms of anticipation... They're gonna miss Han Solo in the marketing, IMO. We'll see how much of a draw Rey, Finn, and Poe really are.

I think Luke will be used a lot more in the marketing this time around. Han and Chewie were in every trailer whereas we only got a shot of Luke's robot hand and that speech he gave to Leia. Other than that, it was mostly Han. I'm expecting more Luke in the marketing for Ep VIII.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"