Star Wars - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke wouldnt even know who that was :funny:. Besides, from what i read (dont remember where or if it's definitive or someone made it up) Qui-Gon wasnt able to appear as a ghostie like Yoda and Ben; he was able to teach them how to do that though, but he didnt achieve it himself. Sorry, i dont mean to be the party pooper :lmao:. Look at that art, yay! :-)oldrazz:)

Well, yes I like it because of the art. I wasn't thinking about the canonical level of things. But yeah Luke wouldn't have a clue who it is. Qui-Gon seems to be there more for Anakin anyways. Its neat art. :)

IMG_7730.JPG

IMG_7732.JPG

IMG_7733.JPG

IMG_7735.JPG
Darth Bane, cool. He's the Sith Lord who created the rule of two. Mara Jade is pretty cool too.

Great pic Optimus. :up:

This arrived today!

Cool Hunter.

I like the older time period take on the Mandolorian armor, and it looks like they used an actor as the influence for him, I just can't remember the name of the guy I'm thinking of.
Yeah, I like the look of it too. It's neat seeing how they change it for the different times. He does look like a familiar actor, I can't place who though?

Interesting, was Revan's a one-off or did he have an army of them? They look like they could be the predecessors of the Magnaguard's.
I think Revan only had the one HK 47 that was in the KOTOR games. The Magnaguard's cold be based on the it or the previous HK 24 assassin droids though.

I'd have loved to have seen him in AOTC, sent to kill Padme while Anakin was protecting her on Naboo.
That would have been awesome!

I have a feeling we'll get a couple of dry one-liners from Obi-Wan and some sarcasm from Bo-Katan.

Yeah, Embo is right up with Cad Bane as my favourite bounty hunter created by the show, and this season will be a break out one for the character I think, as he also teams up with Sugi.

I always enjoy the concept art.

I'd love to see some interaction between 4-Lom and 3P0, given hove they are same Driod body design but have complete opposite personalities. :D Without doubt, if the option is open I'm sure Pegg will be back.
I'm already picturing Obi's expression as Katan hands him the last part.. his jet pack, lol. Embo, and Bane are great. Wonder if we'll get to see those two working together?

The blaster rifle she's carrying is very similar to Boba's.
That's what I thought, but come on, that's Boba's signature blaster.

Awesome pics! I like their helmet designs here.

Well, yes I like it because of the art. I wasn't thinking about the canonical level of things. But yeah Luke wouldn't have a clue who it is. Qui-Gon seems to be there more for Anakin anyways. Its neat art. :)
It's a great piece of art Optimus. I've never seen it until you posted it.

I agree Ock, Qui-Gon is their for Anakin, and he's there with Yoda, and his best friend Obi-Wan. Plus you know Qui-Gon's happy to finally see Anakin's son bring him back from the dark side. They're all like family in that pic. It's great.

Well going by ROTJ, Luke seems to be the only one capable of seeing the Force ghost, so I am not sure how much sense it makes. Still cool.

Last edited:
I think if fans had been a bit more critical of George Lucas in the late 90s when TPM came out. I mean the man hadn't directed a motion picture in the 20 years since he did Star Wars. That would have been a financial blunder and the end of his career if not edited by staff recommended in the studio. Lucas did not direct TESB or ROTJ because he was only a producer. Going on Lucas spent most of the next two decades serving as producer of the many films he went on to work on and to develop special effects and digital technology through a number of companies. His few self-directed films in the late 1970s were average and there was no way he could have been ready to write, direct, produce, advise, and promote the blockbusters other directors and artists made into a huge successful franchise, especially THREE of them one after the other. It's pretty understandable honestly. Lucas has to deal with a franchise he is the sole owner of and when the demand for Blu-Ray exploded in 2009 he knew he needed to give into the fans and try to get the modern audience to relate more to the OT because he thinks it's too long for most viewers to understand and he puts in little changes like young Anakin in ROTJ and the scream there too to try and the mainstream audience to remember three movies back. Kids especially too.

Last edited:
Lucas did in fact shadow direct ROTJ. Marquand is credited as to basically not embarrass him. But without Lucas, the film probably wouldn't have been finished.

Lucas does have amazing ideas and knows how to film an action scene like its nobodies business, he just doesn't know how to direct actors at all and he isn't a very good writer. I love listening to his commentaries

Lucas is good at taking others ideas and incorporating them into his film series. Don't really feel like he is a great director of action either, though he did give us the trench run.

^I agree with that. The major American events of the 1960s and 70s are eerily similar to the pop culture beliefs at the time in the original novelization of Star Wars and how the Republic turned into the Empire. It makes me wonder if Lucas believed in conspiracy theories when he was younger like in the JFK assassination because some of those ideas are similar in theories about a military cou de tat. Anyone know more?

Any of the visuals from the movie were based on American naval ships of the time and the settings were largely based on how homes were going to be seen in publications like Popular Science magazine and such and were not original to the movie. The Death Star designs all came from this as well. Lucas brought these long lusted after illustrations into reality in film with realistic models.

Oh great, didn't we ban you? :huh:

@Fives, I'll reply shortly man. :yay:

Darth Bane was something of an anti-hero wasn't he?
I'm not sure about an anti-hero. He's known as one of the most powerful Sith that has ever lived. He did though find a holocron of Darth Revan's, and studied it, and resurrected the Sith Order by destroying it's corrupted remnats, and instituted the Rule of Two that aided in taking over the galaxy over 1,000 yrs later.

Oh great, didn't we ban you? :huh:

@Fives, I'll reply shortly man. :yay:
No problem man, you can reply whenever.

Came today, definitely my favourite duel dio to date. :D

Yeah, I like the look of it too. It's neat seeing how they change it for the different times. He does look like a familiar actor, I can't place who though?

Me either, I thought maybe Keith David but I'm not sure.

I think Revan only had the one HK 47 that was in the KOTOR games. The Magnaguard's cold be based on the it or the previous HK 24 assassin droids though.

I did a spot of reading on Wookiepedia, HK-47 was a one off but there were later oness mass produced that ended up as bounty hunters. I think 4-Lom is probably an evolution of that line as well as the Magnaguard's.

That would have been awesome!

I'd love to have seen Anakin vs Maul.

I'm already picturing Obi's expression as Katan hands him the last part.. his jet pack, lol. Embo, and Bane are great. Wonder if we'll get to see those two working together?

It's gonna be a fun arc all round. :D It would be interesting to see them teaming as they both seem sort of like leaders rather than followers, but it could work like Boba and Dengar.

That's what I thought, but come on, that's Boba's signature blaster.

Heh! Maybe Filoni has a story in mind that has Bo-Katan passing the blaster to Boba.

Awesome pics! I like their helmet designs here.

Me too, I think it's one the coolest sub divisions of the Phase I Clones.

I have the perfect spot for this GG Boba Fett statue, but I just do not like the pose with Boba seemingly tickling an invisible giants nuts. :csad:

LOL! Hehe, put a thermal detonator in his hand?

Going to the Star Wars novelization prologue the original way the Empire rose to power is interesting. Read first.

Forget everything that Lucas wrote in the last decade and a half. Based on details from other sources we know the Clone Wars originally was a conflict that was caused when a mysterious army of clones suddenly invaded the Republic and the Jedi Knights defeated them. The war either ruins the Galaxy and leaves the Republic in a state of martial law and increased militarism. It's long been thought the Clone Wars was an allusion to World War II because it was America's so called good war and cited by veterans and conservatives as a reason to call the counter culture cowards or spoiled for not fighting in Vietnam. The Republic must have won this war because it was at the height of its power according to the prologue and could endure any external threat. The case seemed true too for the US during the Cold War after having emerged from World War II as a global power and considered to be at the height of democracy and freedom in human history. Then two things semi-related seemed to change that for the generation Lucas grew up in. JFK was assassinated in Dallas in 1963 leaving conspiracy theories to run rampant he was killed by an inside element of the US government like the CIA, FBI, his joint chiefs, and or Lyndon Johnson. Then the Vietnam War started suddenly and shortly after Johnson had assumed the Presidency. In 1971 the Pentagon Papers were leaked by the New York Times and revealed covert action was taken against North Vietnam before the war, Johnson had plans drawn up to bomb in 1964, and the intelligence of the Gulf of Tonkin Incident was flawed and possibly manipulated by the CIA to start the war among other things. JFK was elected in 1960 with the hopes of many liberals that he might reduce the arms race and end and move past the World War II generation. Because the military leaders in the Eisnenhower administration had left troops in Laos, Vietnam, plans to invade Cuba, had accelerated the arms race before he came to office, the FBI was trying to expose his sexual affairs like they did MLK, and demanded to send troops into Cuba during the Crisis, possibly because missiles were placed into Turkey to provoke the Soviets into this kind of confrontation, and wanted troops in Vietnam, it might have seemed at the time to some that there was a plot to ruin Kennedy's presidency or get him to do what the military wanted. His assassination and the conspiracy theories that followed might have solidified this belief in some because elements inside the US government were long suspected till this day. Many claim Lyndon Johnson was either forced to by the military, large corporate supporters behind the assassination, or the CIA to go to war in Vietnam because they threatened him too or made him paranoid about the idea JFK was killed by a communist plot from a more aggressive Castro and Kremlin which staged a cou against Khruschev around the same time the Gulf of Tonkein Incident happened. Water and Richard Nixon years later did not help either. Ever since the end of World War II and the rise of the CIA there was a rising paranoia of them and spies infiltrating the US to commit unspeakable crimes. Many thought a shadow government was taking over the US government led by elements of the CIA. Some could speculate it consumed Kennedy and the following Presidents in a way described in this prologue by his military barons a galactic form of the military-industrial complex long feared in the US.

Is it likely Lucas was inspired by these wild ideas at the time when writing the first parts of the backstory for Star Wars? Was he in to any conspiracy theories at the time?

Heh! Maybe Filoni has a story in mind that has Bo-Katan passing the blaster to Boba.

Im just waiting for the Boba episode where he just starts salvaging all of Death Watch's equipment. I feel like its only a matter of time and would fit in with his story on how he got all of his armor.

I have the perfect spot for this GG Boba Fett statue, but I just do not like the pose with Boba seemingly tickling an invisible giants nuts. :csad:

Cough for me, Hunter Rider.

Surprised you bought this and didn't wait for the new Sideshow one. :huh:

LOL! Hehe, put a thermal detonator in his hand?

If only I had skills to make one lol.

Im just waiting for the Boba episode where he just starts salvaging all of Death Watch's equipment. I feel like its only a matter of time and would fit in with his story on how he got all of his armor.

Yeah, I think the show will definitely cover how he came by his armor, his blaster rifle, and how he gets his fathers Slave I back from Hondo.

Cough for me, Hunter Rider.

Surprised you bought this and didn't wait for the new Sideshow one. :huh:

:funny:

Oh I haven't bought it, it's just an ideal size to go in the space on the shelf I have with Han and Chewie on, but I don't like the pose. I need a GG OT piece that will fit in the space with that sort of height and base width.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"