Rebels Star Wars: Rebels - Part 1

I feel like Path of the Jedi was a setup for TFA. Just in the case of all these temples. I'm thinking the Sith have a lot of temples laying around too. I know Yoda found that one in TCW, but maybe that's where our villain in TFA gets all these relics, according to rumors.

I enjoyed "Path of the Jedi". The dream massacre caught me off guard. I guess there's your darkness if you want it. Still, nice little cave trial for Ezra. Enjoyed it. Plus, the Inquisitor's saber design comes off less goofy and a bit more of a practical gimmick when used like it was against Kanan. Really liking how they animate the saber blades in this, as well.

Plus, it's always good to get crazy hermit Yoda. I missed how he was portrayed in ESB.

Crazy hermit Yoda is the best lol.

Eh,not entirely sold on this episode. Yoda communicates with Kanan...why exactly? I mean, Yoda's not even dead at this point. Why doesn't he send out a "mental call" for all Jedi,if it's that easy and rally the remaining troops?

But it gave them an excuse to give Oz a call,so kudos for that.

I was never crazy about the concept that Jedi's go through hell to get a crystal for their saber to begin with. I know it makes a saber seem more "earned",but at the rate they go through sabers,it makes a trip to a temple for a replacement seem a weekly if not daily occurrence.

The easy answer is Yoda can't call out to the Jedi. What made it possible was the temple, which like the cave on Dagobah, is a focal point of the Force. So when they went in, Yoda felt it and could communicate.

On the crystal front, while I agree that Jedi do seem to lose their sabers with ease, I think of two things. One, replacement crystals are "provided". Second and most useful, just because a saber is destroyed doesn't mean the crystal inside is. Actually seems more likely the crystal would be fine. Just got to build a replacement hilt.

The location of the Jedi Temple looked a bit like one of the locations scouted for Episode VII. I thought it was an ok ep and a necessary part of Ezra's journey, and it is always great to hear Yoda. :D

I watched it.

Hope people like [blackout]Lando[/blackout], 'cause there's a lot of him in this episode heh.

How did you see the new episode, it's next week right?

It airs on Disney XD TV channel on the 19th. It's popping up on various video-on-demand services the past couple of days though. That's how I watched it, it showed up on my service.

Last edited:
Boo you haha... surprised it hasn't been leaked to certain websites then.

Here's some events from Idiot's Array.

* Lando has a big, big role in this episode. He is voiced by Billy Dee Williams.
* Zeb loses the card game to Lando. Lando wins Chopper...for the time being.
* Lando travels on the ship with the Ghost crew.
* Ezra gets jealous of the all the compliments Lando is giving Sabine.
* Hera accuses Lando of trying to intentionally divide and distract the crew.
* Ezra uses his new blaster/saber...well, just the blaster part.
* Chopper saves Zeb at the end from the villain.
* Lando owes them a favor since he doesn't have any credits. He gives Chopper back.
* Lando comments that they will meet again to Chopper after they leave Lando on the planet with his creature cargo.
* Lando knows they took his fuel. "'til we meet again" he waves the ship goodbye.

Last edited:
It's probably on XD.com. Episodes premiere on the website a week before they air on tv.

"Idiot's Array" wasn't great but it was a bit of fun plus it
sees the return of Billy Dee Williams as a young Lando Calrissian.

Ezra-lightsaber_zps6e8787bd.png

Do'h... why...

And the point? He also didn't include Leia, even though he was starting to mention her. Yoda also isn't omnisicient.

Colt 45....for the coolest man in the galaxy.

So technically, Yoda said that line 9-10 years after "Path of the Jedi"

And the point? He also didn't include Leia, even though he was starting to mention her. Yoda also isn't omnisicient.
Why would he include Leia? Leia wasn't a Jedi.

There is an easy way to fix this. Either Ezra doesn't become a Jedi and Kanan dies, or they both die.

Kanan never completed his training, so is he a Jedi? I see him more like Luke in ESB level.

Plus, in ESB, Yoda tells Ghost Ben, "There is another."

Could mean Leia, could mean other things. Who knows.

Kasdan suggested to Lucas to have Luke killed off and have Leia take over for ROTJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"