State Your Opinion on a Character - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary-Worth_20080422c-de.jpg

Mary Worth

Today's.

Didn't watch the movie
No idea what to think of him

I haven't seen the movie entirely either, just bits & pieces of it. It looks like a funny spoof on the zombie genre & looks very amusing. Definitely need to rent it or something.

It's pretty great. One of the best comedies of the 00s, I'd say. And, yeah, Simon Pegg's great in it.

I haven't read the comic adaptation. So much of the fun is in the line delivery, I don't see how a comic could translate that...

[YT]SnTR-cG5W1I[/YT]

Yeah, Sean of the dead was great.

I don't see how it could keep going as a comic though, everything pretty much was wrapped up by the end of the movie.

That is so freakin' racist it's hilarious.

and the Iron M! :wow:
i totally agree! I better stop laughing before someone go jihad on my butt!
Fighting Bashar AlAsad merciless murderess troops is jihad
Making a victim of someone unintentionally laughing at a racist joke (we're all guilty of that in one way or another) is senseless violence

Media and their published misconception deserve middle fingers for not correcting

Main character of Jenna Jameson's comic book. From Wiki:

"A young, orphaned, beautiful woman, Jezzerie Jaden, attempts to make a life for herself in the big city. As she grapples with mundane problems like making rent and a creepy manager at work, something deeper brews: a nagging suspicion that her life is not her own. Seeking answers (not to mention extra cash) she enrolls in a past life regression experiment which seems to ignite visions of a demonic past that no one can explain. Shadow Hunter is the story of a provocative superheroine who survives a brush with death only to find herself fighting the legions of hell for her very soul."

Well, this just positively reeks of quality...

Very early 90's Imageesque.

Jenna's seen better days.

If nothing else, she is really attractive. :o

Virgin publish comics? That's news to me
And I doubt Jezzie is a virgin herself :o

Yeah, Virgin started a comics company back in 2006. It got restructured a while ago and changed its name to Liquid Comics shortly afterwards.
Virgin Comics are perhaps best known for their really weird "Director's Cut" and "Virgin Voice" lines, which were about showcasing comics created by film makers and celebrities respectively.
Speaking of which, here's one:

vc1-dean-lo-res.jpg

Gabriel Moore

From Nicolas Cage's:

81Vytyaa%2ByL._SL1500_.jpg

Wiki-

The story revolves around the post-Katrina setting of New Orleans, and features Voodoo mythology. The son of a Unionist sympathizer is resurrected at his dying breath by the power of a Voodoo priest in the 1800s. In 2005 New Orleans, Detective Robert Julien tries to solve the mystery of why several young girls have disappeared.

Yup. :)

The way the wiki sounds I might have to pick up Voodoo Child. I dismissed it because of the Nicolas Cage association, but that story sounds like it has a ton of potential.

The way the wiki sounds I might have to pick up Voodoo Child. I dismissed it because of the Nicolas Cage association, but that story sounds like it has a ton of potential.

Thing is, it looks like Mike Carey actually wrote it, and he's pretty good.

So you never know...

I know I saw pictures of the duck before
And that's about it

I loved the animated series in the 90s. The comics look cool, I like the art.

More covers should have speech bubbles too I think. It's a dying artform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"