Status
Not open for further replies.
True.

Poor old Cage... :(

Anyway, today!

1310122-bucky_003.jpg

Bucky O'Hare

Todays. :yay:

I got to see the action figures & small amounts of animation. I didn't realize Larry Hama had a hand in creating them.

Isn't that the kind of garb Jason as Red Hood first wore?

the others i got nothing!
Destro's cool! cause he unlike, Cobra commander seemly had well conceived plans and had a brain!Plus he was hooking up with "the Baroness"!! (which makes him :up: in my book! Hell YES!!)
... oh and not that stupid movie version one either!

I love Destro, Cobra's main weapons supplier & occasional right hand man to Cobra Commander. He's the guy who supplies Cobra with all the world dominating devices, but it's the other dim witted or cowardly (Zartan, Major Bludd, Crimson Guard Commanders, or Cobra troopers) Cobra agents that muck up the plans in the end. I also like his nononsense attitude & of course his main squeeze, The Baroness!!! (man with impeccable taste)!! :up:

I used to love the Bucky o'hare cartoon. That was the s**t.

Destro's cool.

One of Paul Dini's original characters. From Wiki:

"Jingle Belle is a cartoon character created by Paul Dini. She's Santa Claus' spoiled teen-age daughter. The stories depict Jingle's usually contentious relationship with her famous father.
Jing appears in a number of comic books, all written by Dini and illustrated by a wide roster of comic artists, including Stephen DeStefano, Bill Morrison, J. Bone and Sergio Aragonés. The books were first published by Oni Press, starting in 1999. The summer 2001 one-shot special, "Jingle Belle: The Mighty Elves" was nominated for an Eisner Award for Best Humor Book. There has also been a spin-off series, Mutant, Texas: Tales of Sheriff Ida Red. From 2004 until 2007 the series was published by Dark Horse Comics. In 2008, the character moved to Image Comics's Top Cow Productions as the first title in a new line of comics all created by Dini, Dinicartoons.

In 2000 Jingle Belle appeared in a series of animated shorts, available on JingleBelle.com. There is also a lot of Jingle Belle merchandise, including a Jingle Belle statue, a Christmas ornament, a lunch box and a t-shirt, featuring artwork by Bill Morrison.

The name Jingle Belle is a reference to both the Christmas song "Jingle Bells" and the Memphis Belle, a B-17 bomber whose pin-up-style nose art inspired the character. "Belle's Beaus", a 2004 story set partially during World War II somewhat acknowledges this link."

Sounds like it might be fun. Dini's just one of those writers I trust implicitly...

Didn't they do a movie with her starring Jenny McCarthy?

It doesn't ring a bell. Maybe you're mixing it up with:

santababy2.jpg

The one she won the oscar for. :o

I don't know, I think somebody got ripped off. :o

I'm pretty sure Star Wars. Bucky's straight 80's fare dude....could be wrong though.

Who came first? How are there two of them???

Star_Wars_Vol_1_8.jpg
3.JPG

Yeah, that's really weird. I know Larry Hama has some involvement with Marvel's Star Wars comics, maybe he just re-used the character for Bucky.

I've been meaning to read Dean Motter's Mister X for years. Why? Because it looks and sounds absolutely fantastic!
Check this out:

"Set in Radiant City, a dystopian municipality influenced by Bauhaus and Fritz Lang's Metropolis, the series concerns a mysterious figure who purports to be its architect. His radical theories of "psychetecture" cause the citizenry to go mad, just as he did, and he takes on the mission to repair his creation.
To accomplish this he remains awake twenty-four hours a day by means of the drug "insomnalin," all the while coping with a Dick Tracy–like rogues gallery and supporting cast including his long-suffering ex-girlfriend Mercedes.
Mister X's influence can be seen and was acknowledged in films like Terry Gilliam's Brazil, Tim Burton's Batman, and Alex Proyas' Dark City."

Prints.jpg

20130728-144806.jpg

Last edited:
What's up with the Mr. X name?
Marvel has one
This is new
Capcom made a bunch

Totally. And how great is the word "psychetecture"? :hehe:

He looks like Paul Dini's version of Mr. Freeze

Reading that synopsis makes me wish that I would have bought one of the Mister X trades at Half Price Books about 6 years ago. It was only about $3, and I didn't buy it because I knew nothing about it. The book didn't give a synopsis either. Nowadays I would just Google it in the store, but that was before I got a smart phone to be able to do that. If I catch it again in HPB I'll probably pick it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"