State your unpopular film related opinion - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green Lantern just left me lukewarm. I didn't hate, but it just didn't do anything for me. I was completely apathetic and pretty much forgot about it after leaving the theater.
I pretty much had the same feelings.

i rarely hate a film, but i hated green lantern. such a huge waste of potential. in terms of character, mythos and the talent in front and behind the screen. what made it even more infuriating was the waste of mark strong as sinestro. a brilliant character played perfectly but on screen for about 15 minutes tops.

Hating Green Lantern isn't an unpopular opinion.

Here's an unpopular opinion: Not only do I think The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey deserves a Best Picture nomination, but I think it deserves one more than Life of Pi and Silver Linings Playbook.

The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises get increasingly boring the more times you watch them.

Here's some films I like (not love, but like) that most people hate:
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Spider-Man 3
Hulk
The Godfather: Part III
Miami Vice
Quantum of Solace

There's probably more but I can't of them right now, lol.

Here's some films I like (not love, but like) that most people hate:
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Spider-Man 3
Hulk
The Godfather: Part III
Miami Vice
Quantum of Solace

There's probably more but I can't of them right now, lol.
I like those three as well, or two
I love Hulk

I actually preferred Godfather III to Godfather II lol idk

I don't get why so many people liked 21 Jump Street. It was pretty much a crapfest with a few funny parts. Why critics and moviegoers seemed to adore it, I'll never understand.

I agree on 21 Jump Street. I only laughed when they went crazy on those drugs. Other than that it felt too generic.

I loved it myself. The comedy was strong, but more than that, its characters had great charm, its actors had great chemistry, and the film's direction was probably some of the best I've seen in a comedy in quite a long time.

i agree. 21st jump street was great. it wasn't just a comedy, it had a strong theme about friendship and not letting success change you. not exactly tarkovsky here, but it was done well.. it also had some great self aware nods. like when they are talking to cliche angry police chief ice cube about old ideas being rehashed all the time. nod nod, wink wink.

It had some social themes running through it as well. Lil James Franco's character was a sly critique/comdemnation of the listless American youth, the motorcycle gang being named "the 1%ers" had obvious social revelance, and there were constant various socio-political comments/observations covertly made throughout the film; all done in a way that was neither preachy not distracting to those seeking purely a funny movie.

All in all, a lot of thought and care obviously went into the movie. Probably even moreso than the original screenplay warranted. And that kind of thing really shines through - even when people don't consciously realize it - that's what has made it so popular, I think.

yea for sure. it was smarter than a teenage comedy remake had any right or need to be.

Idk if it's very unpopular, but I think Andrew Garfield gave one of the best performances of the year in The Amazing Spider-Man.

Also showed that Channing tatum was really good at comedy.

Idk if it's very unpopular, but I think Andrew Garfield gave one of the best performances of the year in The Amazing Spider-Man.
I agree. Great actor who also really impressed me in never let me go

Count me in as one of the 21 Jump Street lovers. Loved the duo of Hill and Tatum. The movie had this self-awareness that's been present in most buddy cop comedies in the 00s, but it was put to greater use.

Like when Ron Swanson was talking about remakes when talking about the 21 Jump Street undercover program.

Hangover - Not funny at all.

Due Date, on the other hand, is one of the funniest things I've seen in my life. I'll even say it took Planes Trains & Automobiles and made it funnier.

I'm the complete opposite (found both RDJ and Galifiinakis too unlikable), but this is the unpopular opinion thread.

I found The Hangover mediocre and Brudesmaids horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"