State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never seen the audience at my theatre laugh so hard at an "action film" as they did with IM3

I don't doubt that Marvel will do whatever they want, but I don't think the world needs any more Iron Man movies after RDJ. Is he really that great of a character or big enough of a pop culture icon that it would be a loss not to make more movies? My opinion, no. Six films featuring him with the just-right actor is plenty.

Tough guy
Treats a guy like a son
Gets angry and makes some lose blood
Gets frustrated with his boy

Any movie not using this pattern?
Nine.

Not tough
His life is all about women
Only gets angry with himself, no blood drawn

Screw you haters, I loved this movie, it's the one movie DDL has impressed me in save for Last of the Mohicans and The Crucible
I don't doubt that Marvel will do whatever they want, but I don't think the world needs any more Iron Man movies after RDJ. Is he really that great of a character or big enough of a pop culture icon that it would be a loss not to make more movies? My opinion, no. Six films featuring him with the just-right actor is plenty.
Anyone else sick of this kind of unpopular opinion? Not trying to single out Blitzkrieg here as he's not the only one with it, but it gets so tiresome to read.
Marvel Studios found their Batman, Iron Man's not going anywhere, he just might take some breaks.

I don't think I've ever laughed in any superhero movie, unless you consider Scott Pilgrim a superhero movie

Anyone else sick of this kind of unpopular opinion? Not trying to single out Blitzkrieg here as he's not the only one with it, but it gets so tiresome to read.
Marvel Studios found their Batman, Iron Man's not going anywhere, he just might take some breaks.

I wouldn't say I'm sick of it, it's a fine opinion to have (though not one I share), just so long as that doesn't roll over into expectation. Thinking Marvel shouldn't make any more Iron Man films is one thing, but betting on them not doing it is unrealistic. Iron Man films are money in the bank. As you say, they might take a break for a few years, but Iron Man (whether it's Downey Jr. or someone else) is set to be in theaters for a long, long time.

Which isn't to say Blitzkrieg is making that bet, of course.

That's like hating Native Americans and having Avatar as your favorite movie.

I can see that being possible, since Avatar didn't really paint either side as being particularly sympathetic.

Justin Bieber's Never Say Never was robbed of an Oscar.

I don't think I've ever laughed in any superhero movie, unless you consider Scott Pilgrim a superhero movie
None?
Joker's scar story is funny, the one he tells Rachel

I sometimes feel a director's cut ruins a movie, and that sometimes, just sometimes, the studio or production company know what they're doing when they request cuts to a film.

Really? I thought The Avengers had a lot of funny moments, mainly thanks to Robert Downey, Jr. Hell, the Iron Man movies in general are pretty funny thanks to him.

The Wolverine had just the right amount of comedy that was good for a laugh but didn't distract from the tone (like IM3 did)

The funniest part of any superhero movie, ever:

[YT]fp4_wcNlsew[/YT]

Rewatching The Hobbit, I have noticed that the CGI is inconsistent in some places, and I still do not care for the design of the Goblin King. It was difficult watching his scenes because his swollen chin reminded me of a part (or to be specific, a pair) of the male body. Thus, the whole time I was watching the underground sequeneces, I kept thinking of that terrible sketch from Movie 43.

Another funny Spider-Man 3 moment: At the midnight showing I was at, when Peter slapped Mary Jane, half the theater cheered.

And who can forget this?

tumblr_m7ps9lIqT11r33943o1_500.gif

Or this?

tumblr_mlrg6xkWZI1rl6qp7o1_500.gif

"Strawberries."

Last edited:
Harry painting??? I cannot for my life remember that. I think SM3 should go down a bit on my list... if there were any place to go down to.

I don't think anyone in my theatre cheered at Spidey 3. The only film people cheered at was The Avengers.

Harry painting??? I cannot for my life remember that. I think SM3 should go down a bit on my list... if there were any place to go down to.
It was when MJ called him for some company. It was pretty random and funny to see him painting that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"