State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the necessity of product placement. It's in virtually every show and movie to one extent or the other and most of it goes unnoticed because it isn't done obtrusively. It's only bothersome when its noticeable, which always takes me out of the experience and gives me something to laugh at. The product placement in Man of Steel was particularly egregious to the extent that IHOP was actually worked into the plot. I couldn't help but chuckle at the shot of a Sears right after Superman flies away. It held on it for way too long. :funny:

Product placement (as long as it's not too over the top) doesn't really bother me. I'd rather see real products in movies than generic replacements.

It doesn't bother me either. It didn't bother me even in movies that are usually hated for "too much product placement" (MoS, I, Robot..).

I don't know how unpopular these are:

- I don't mind reboots, remakes and other kinds of re-dos and I do not believe that they somehow diminish the original films.
Considering that, I enjoy "The Haunting" remake in all of its over-the-top, surreal dated CGI, awesomely designed scary haunted house, random ghost tropes glory. Its very silly movie, its not very good movie (not very bad, either), but I enjoy it, so there... :woot: Same goes for Universal's "The Mummy" reboot..

- I'd like to see reboots/remakes of some of my favorite old movies (especially Metropolis, Universal Monsters flicks, This Island Earth, Forbidden Planet and such)... They might end up being bad, but they, also, might end up being better than originals, would't be the first time such thing has happened.. :woot:

- Nostalgia aside, almost all of the live action TMNT movies are of same or similar enough quality, at least story and character-wise. Even the "TMNT III" (which I admit is the weakest, but I think thats mostly because it looks like low budget flick, to me at least).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"