State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would honestly say the action in all of the Marvel movies are pretty subpar. They aren't bad really, but they never really rise above the generic action movie flavor and into really capturing comic book action. But really, about the only films to really capture that is the Snyder films, but most won't give them that credit since many hate the movies themselves.

I'm pretty sure there was more than one hand to hand scene, but my memory's almost as shaky as those cameras.

I liked parts of Star Trek Beyond, but overall it was kind of a letdown. In particular I thought the motorbike scene near the end didn't fit the film at all and was overly silly.

There was 1 actual hand to hand scene and then there was the 2nd fight [BLACKOUT]with Pine and Elba but that wasnt/didnt seem like it was choreographed or anything like that[/BLACKOUT]

Action is the best thing in Snyder movies.

Captain America movies have fun action, I think the same thing with the Incredible Hulk.

The Marvel movie action to me was all pretty well done. I dont think I'd say they don't rise above the generic action movie. Especially with today's action movies.

Snyder's action can be fine too. The Smallville fight was dope, but the final Superman v Zod fight I thought was crappy. The warehouse scene is BvS was great but then the Doomsday fight was lame and the Batman/Superman fight was meh. He's hit or miss with me.

I wouldn't say they aren't well done, I mean, they are competently done for the most part, but they have just feel like...the same ol', the same ol'. Nothing really above or below just the standard. Which is fine, but Man of Steel and BvS is really the only comic movies that really captured the real feel of a superhero powered fight, to me.

They are all better than Nolan's Batman films action-wise, though.

Yeah terms of overall franchise film making, MCU comes off as really Network TV in a lot of areas. It's all so... competent.

Most Snyder action sequences are too video game-y for my tastes, but I did love the Smallville fight in MoS and the Batman warehouse fight in BvS. Hated the climactic battles in both films, though.

Most Snyder action sequences are too video game-y for my tastes, but I did love the Smallville fight in MoS and the Batman warehouse fight in BvS. Hated the climactic battles in both films, though.

This :up:

I hated when Doomsday turned into a light show, but I loved all of the MOS battle, Batman v Superman and the warehouse fight.

Unpopular opinion, all those Snyder fights I listed are far superiour to the Civil War airport fight.

The airport fight was cool but I still think Civil War is by far the most overrated movie in recent memory.

I liked it, but I wouldnt put it in the top 5 MCU movies. I wouldnt even put it in the top 5 movies so far this year

I enjoyed the hell out of Civil War, so you won't hear me bashing it here, but I do wonder if a big part of the response it received was due to it coming in so soon after the massive f***-up of BVS. Like an average looking girl taking her unattractive friend to a bar and looking that much better by comparison.

The Winter Soldier is easily better but I still loved Civil War, I just hated Zemo who I consider one of MCU's worst villains, I can't believe so many people think he's better than Ultron.

I loved Zemo because he actually had conviction in his beliefs.

I loved Zemo as well. He's definitely one of the MCU's best so far.

I would honestly say the action in all of the Marvel movies are pretty subpar. They aren't bad really, but they never really rise above the generic action movie flavor and into really capturing comic book action. But really, about the only films to really capture that is the Snyder films, but most won't give them that credit since many hate the movies themselves.

I enjoy the action in both but I feel MCU has only recently gotten to the zone near Snyder's action. Captain America and the Black Panther are particularly awesome in the MCU. Their stuff gives almost the same "Wow!" I get from Snyder's stuff.

I disagree with at least the part about Snyder. While I thought the action in MOS was good-to-great, I felt like it was really sub-par in BvS. The Batman/Superman fight was okay at best; I didn't find it particularly stunning. The Doomsday fight was a bad CGI mess. And even the almighty Batman warehouse fight wasn't as great as BvS apologists make it out to be. Yeah, it was great to see Batman moving really fast and kicking ass and all that, but I didn't think any of it was better than the fight scenes in TWS or Civil War, for example.

The Winter Soldier is easily better but I still loved Civil War, I just hated Zemo who I consider one of MCU's worst villains, I can't believe so many people think he's better than Ultron.

Not an unpopular opinion but TWS is peak MArvel. THey got everything right from the story, the action, the SFX, the villain, and they balanced the tone perfectly.
I was so suprised to see people rate CW above TWS
I disagree with at least the part about Snyder. While I thought the action in MOS was good-to-great, I felt like it was really sub-par in BvS. The Batman/Superman fight was okay at best; I didn't find it particularly stunning. The Doomsday fight was a bad CGI mess. And even the almighty Batman warehouse fight wasn't as great as BvS apologists make it out to be. Yeah, it was great to see Batman moving really fast and kicking ass and all that, but I didn't think any of it was better than the fight scenes in TWS or Civil War, for example.

REally didnt like BvS but I'd really debate that. The only problem of the warehouse fight is the fanbpy complaint that I didn't like how many of them Batman, seemingly, killed. That being said I thought it was a fantastic scene and exactly how Batman should fight.
Civil War didn't have that at all imo. Even Cap vs Winter Soldier on the highway wasnt as good, but damn that's still a great fight

Eh, I'd argue that the chase scene between Black Panther, Cap and Bucky in CW is better than ANY Snyder action scene.

Snyder is a terrible action director, the only good action scenes he's done in the DCEU are the Smallville fight from MOS and the warehouse fight from BvS. The others are just CGI fests. The Batman vs Superman fight was terrible, they were basically just throwing eachother around, so pathetic.

I'm going to be brutally honest here and pretty I discount the "CGI fest" complaint for Snyder's action ( in general its not just you) and furthermore I'll add that pretty much 90% of the time I feel those comments are off base from anyone about most CGI battles. There some subpar ones but far fewer IMO then folks gripe about. Maybe its because I'm an older guy am more used to older FX. I dunno.

Everyone has their preference of course but to me it crazy talk most of the time.

But then again this is the unpopular opinion thread.

Eh, I'd argue that the chase scene between Black Panther, Cap and Bucky in CW is better than ANY Snyder action scene.

I'll admit that was pretty badass abd one of the ones and puts MCU in the zone.

I wouldnt say Snyder is terrible at all. 300 was very well shot and was cool and a new interesting take on action. Watchmen had some good action scenes even if they didn't fit with the source material. Sucker Punch had some cool action scenes that just ended up being boring because they felt like the same thing just in different settings.

I didn't have a problem with his action until the titular fight in BvS and even then he came back with the warehouse scene. But then he got back on that bulls*** with the Doomsday fight

I wouldnt say Snyder is terrible at all. 300 was very well shot and was cool and a new interesting take on action. Watchmen had some good action scenes even if they didn't fit with the source material. Sucker Punch had some cool action scenes that just ended up being boring because they felt like the same thing just in different settings.

I didn't have a problem with his action until the titular fight in BvS and even then he came back with the warehouse scene. But then he got back on that bulls*** with the Doomsday fight

300 is exactly the kind of movie Snyder fits so well in. Over the top macho-ness where he goes all out and it ****ing works spectacularly. The "This is Sparta!" line would be pretty lame on paper but Snyder's execution of it made it the way it was because he understood it. It's iconic but we don't blink an eye at its ridiculousness because Snyder created a great context to justify that type thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"