State your unpopular film related opinion - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you have a 2009 Star Trek avatar if you seem to despise it so much?

Why do you have a 2009 Star Trek avatar if you seem to despise it so much?

I don't hate it, on it's own terms as a pop-corn flick it's a good movie.
It's beautifully shot and the soundtrack is one of the best i'v heard. It is dumbed down though and designed to be some sexy anti-star trek. It isn't even close to Deep Space 9 from season 3 onwards. It's kinda just feels vacuous in comparison, bubble-gum to forget about in 2 hours time.

Last edited:
I really didn't like Cloverfield.
I get what they were going for, but by the time I saw it I was so sick of hand cam headaches. Plus the monster was kind of lame and really really ugly.

I've never heard of a pretty monster. Well, Frankenstein's monster was kind of handsome...

Star Trek 09 is the best kind of Star Trek.

And Cloverfield is the best Handycam movie, period.

This past weekend, I went on a film binge, and here are my conclusions.
-Pulp Fiction is an overrated film. I've seen it three times, and that has been three times too many. At first, I kind of enjoyed it, but repeat viewings have erased whatever enjoyment the movie created.
-Revenge of the Sith is a terrible film. Now, I know melodrama is a staple of the series, but it was in its highest concentration here. The characterizations are hologram thin and the performances lack heart. Plus, Mace Windu's death never fails to tick me off.
-I do not know if this unpopular, but it created an intense debate between my friend and myself: the first Spiderman film was the best. The second worked because of Doc Ock and the subsequent performance, but the story is in need of improvement.
-Halloween III is a terrific film. Excluding the Zombie films, it is better than all of the sequels following it rolled together.
-I believe that Star Trek: Nemesis is an underrated film. The performances are solid, and the familial subplots are well orchestrated. It raises some interesting questions about free will and identity.

-Halloween III is a terrific film. Excluding the Zombie films, it is better than all of the sequels following it rolled together.an underrated film.

pretty much the only correct thing I read.:o

And its better than Rob's remake.

I'd rather John had gotten to make his Halloween series a different story every movie. Can you imagine how great a series like that named HALLOWEEN would have been? As far as I'm concerned 3 is the true sequel.

III was great, one of my favourites, it's the reasons how fans can be very annoying

I watch Halloween III every Halloween. It's right up there with Trick 'r Treat.

Halloween is what it is, but it has little to do with the holiday itself. III just goes right to the soruce. Plus, that tune is great.

"28 days till Halloween! Halloween! Halloween! 28 days till Halloween..Sillllverrr Shamrock!"

I watch Halloween III every Halloween. It's right up there with Trick 'r Treat.

Halloween is what it is, but it has little to do with the holiday itself. III just goes right to the soruce. Plus, that tune is great.

"28 days till Halloween! Halloween! Halloween! 28 days till Halloween..Sillllverrr Shamrock!"

The rhythm is ruined when it's twenty eight. :o

1. Charlize Theron
2. Eva Green
3. Carrie Anne Moss
4. Jaime Murray
5. Lyndsey Marshal

These are the top 5 actresses I would have liked to have seen sport the feline seductress' role, with the higher numbers being the most wanted, of course. That said, I'm glad to see Anne Hathaway get the role. I just hate the heels and mask of the costume.

UNPOPULAR OPINION

George Clooney had the most potential as Bruce Wayne/Batman of any thus far.

You don't really have to post UNPOPULAR OPINION at the beginning of your posts in a thread that's specifically for stating unpopular opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"