State your unpopular film related opinion - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, yeah, it seems pretty obvious that's what you're doing, but it just comes out as redundant and pointless in the context of the thread. But I was just asking anything, like really making an ado about nothing, but more an ado about not'ing. You can keep doing it, just thought it was pretty odd.

I agree with them. Clooney, with the right material, the right film, could have been an awesome Bruce Wayne/Batman.

I agree with them. Clooney, with the right material, the right film, could have been an awesome Bruce Wayne/Batman.

icon14.gif

I still think Clooney would've been a damn good Tony Stark.

Clooney could be a good anything. Awesome ****ing actor.

Seth Geko ftw!

It is dumbed down though and designed to be some sexy anti-star trek. It isn't even close to Deep Space 9 from season 3 onwards. It's kinda just feels vacuous in comparison, bubble-gum to forget about in 2 hours time.

I agree. Abrams' Star Trek felt like a vacuous comedy with characters named as the classic Star Trek characters. And they insisted and insisted in those archtypes and crappy humour like it's the best thing in the world.

I thought it had the right feel for Star Trek, and it's only failing in that respect is that it lacked the philosophical bent that the series had.

Also, f**k DS9. :o

I think Jonah Hill and Seth Rogen are really good actors.

JGL was really great in 50/50. So far , it's probably my favorite performance in a lead role this year, with Gosling in "Drive" a close second.

JGL was really great in 50/50. So far , it's probably my favorite performance in a lead role this year, with Gosling in "Drive" a close second.

I haven't seen Drive but I'm inclined to agree with this.

Wouldn't surprise me. I've been a fan of his since I saw him in angels in the outfield when i was a kid.

I still think Clooney would've been a damn good Tony Stark.

Aye, he would have made a good Iron-Man, but under no circumsatnce swould have have made a good Batman.
He was just the same as Adam West, all he could do was play Bruce Wayne in a mask, seriously, can anyone imagine Clooney doing a growly Batman voice and persona? He would sound absurd, he's just not got those kind of chops in him.

I disagree. He can be a bad ass. Seth Gecko for example. Or the shady CIA guy he played in Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. Or Three Kings.

Clooney has got the chops for anything. He could be the suave playboy Bruce. The brooding, introverted and serious Bruce. And the growly, bad ass Batman.

Aye, he would have made a good Iron-Man, but under no circumsatnce swould have have made a good Batman.
He was just the same as Adam West, all he could do was play Bruce Wayne in a mask, seriously, can anyone imagine Clooney doing a growly Batman voice and persona? He would sound absurd, he's just not got those kind of chops in him.
well the growly batman voice sounds absurd no matter whose using it so...

well the growly batman voice sounds absurd no matter whose using it so...

Keaton's, Kilmer's and Bale's were all fine by me. Schumacher had Kilmer continue that type of performance, but didn't have Clooney use that kind of voice or persona, so I don't think it was so much to do with the choice of director, more along the lines of the director playing to Clooney's strengths, having him play more of a suave, 'normal' Batman.

Even when he played Seth Gecko, he was the career criminal, a more 'normal' type of crook, he didn't have that psychotic side(which is what the growly Batman persona is all about), he was just viscous as a means to get things done or for payback('Im gonna drink this bottle and then crack it over his melon head.')
I haven't seen CoADM, but isn't that more of an eccentric performance? I'm just guessing going by what it's about, I certainly can't think of any performnce by Clooney that suggests he could have done that growly, psychotic, creature of the night type of Batman performance.

TheMorningstar said:
I disagree. He can be a bad ass. Seth Gecko for example. Or the shady CIA guy he played in Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. Or Three Kings.

Clooney has got the chops for anything. He could be the suave playboy Bruce. The brooding, introverted and serious Bruce. And the growly, bad ass Batman.

It's not a slight on his acting skills, no matter how good an actor is, it doesn't mean they are suitable for any role, it's just a case of mis-casting for that type of Batman.
He might be able to play 'badass', but the creature of the night type of Batman I'm talking about has that element of him scaring crooks by playing with a psychotic edge to his voice and manner, something I don't think Clooney could pull off very convincingly.

Last edited:
I just want something far away from bale's batman voice, which i feel sounds ridiculous. he's damn near unintelligible at times.

^ I don't think that's unpopular.

I had no problem with Bale's Bat voice or the fight scenes in TDK. I think that's a more unpopular opinion, but I might be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"