Stranger Things (Netflix) - Part 1

I do think they should do a timeskip for a bit, but yeah complaining about them not filming quickly is pretty silly

and i think they really need to figure out what to do with a few of the characters

That's a lot easier said than done
From a creative standpoint sure but I don't think there would have been much scheduling conflict for the actors if season 3 had been moved up 6-7 months.

From a creative standpoint sure but I don't think there would have been much scheduling conflict for the actors if season 3 had been moved up 6-7 months.
THe actors have other things to do. Work or maybe otherwise (family, etc.)

It's fine. We all watch things where 26-30 yr olds play high schoolers. I can live with the kids looking a little older

THe actors have other things to do. Work or maybe otherwise (family, etc.)

It's fine. We all watch things where 26-30 yr olds play high schoolers. I can live with the kids looking a little older
They are also kids. They school and rules about how much they can be on set, etc.

All that said, I kind of like the big age differences. Allows me to identify the season with one glance. :hehe:

A bit late asking this, but which season would you say is your favorite so far?
I'd heard so much about it before I finally got round to watching it - I did have some expectations going in - and they were all met.
I think my favorite is the 1st season - just so, so good.
The 2nd season was still excellent, while introducing more characters and developing the existing ones. Dustin & Steve's buddy cop relationship is genius!!
Season 3 was still great, but I didn't really fully buy in to the whole Russian sub plot - I think the show works better as a fully Supernatural genre.

How about you mate?

I hadn't watched any season up until I binged 1-3 seasons with my partner, roughly this time last year and can't wait for Season 4.

Recap video for seasons 1-3. Spoilers Within, if you haven't seen any episode at all.

Last edited:
I'd heard so much about it before I finally got round to watching it - I did have some expectations going in - and they were all met.
I think my favorite is the 1st season - just so, so good.
The 2nd season was still excellent, while introducing more characters and developing the existing ones. Dustin & Steve's buddy cop relationship is genius!!
Season 3 was still great, but I didn't really fully buy in to the whole Russian sub plot - I think the show works better as a fully Supernatural genre.

How about you mate?
For me, it's probably season 3. For me, it plays as a more natural "second season" to what is presented in the first, and the crawling around the mall really invoked a lot of memories of my youth. Plus in general I am sucker for the look of the season. But the main reason is definitely Robin and Steve. I fell for that pairing hard, and they kind of just ran past everything else on the show for me. As irrational as it is, Stranger Things became the Robin and Steve show for me. :funny:

Season 3 really was great and felt like the most 80's this show has ever been IMO. I loved the influences from 80's films like The Blob and Terminator with a little bit of Red Dawn thrown in for good flavor. Robin and Steve were a great paring too and the Robin character was just a awesome addition all around.

Season 3 really was great and felt like the most 80's this show has ever been IMO. I loved the influences from 80's films like The Blob and Terminator with a little bit of Red Dawn thrown in for good flavor. Robin and Steve were a great paring too and the Robin character was just a awesome addition all around.
It really is. While the first two seasons have that 80s aspect, season 3 just embodies the 80s in a way the other two just don't. That could have went really wrong, but it ended up working out wonderfully imo.

I hadn't watched any season up until I binged 1-3 seasons with my partner, roughly this time last year and can't wait for Season 4.

Recap video for seasons 1-3. Spoilers Within, if you haven't seen any episode at all.

I love these kinds of recap videos. I forget loads of little things over the seasons that they remind me off before going into the new material.

I love these kinds of recap videos. I forget loads of little things over the seasons that they remind me off before going into the new material.
I am one of those idiots who decides to try and watch the entirety of show again before a new season starts, and even then I need these videos to remember little things. :hehe:

I am one of those idiots who decides to try and watch the entirety of show again before a new season starts, and even then I need these videos to remember little things. :hehe:
I used to always do this and in an ideal world with unlimited time I would do it. And yes also then watch the recap too. Joking aside I think it’s the best way to watch this kind of stuff so you pick up on even the smallest hints and setups.

I used to always do this and in an ideal world with unlimited time I would do it. And yes also then watch the recap too. Joking aside I think it’s the best way to watch this kind of stuff so you pick up on even the smallest hints and setups.

Same, I was gonna try and watch seasons 1-3 before 4 came out as well, but with that much other stuff to watch, plus work and life, I just struggle to find the time, so that re-cap video may have to suffice.

I always rewatch seasons for shows like Stranger Things before a new one starts and so I was also planning on doing it before season 4 but that recap video got the job done nicely!

It really is. While the first two seasons have that 80s aspect, season 3 just embodies the 80s in a way the other two just don't. That could have went really wrong, but it ended up working out wonderfully imo.
Yeah, I love that aspect. Season 1 has the initial exciting discovery of the Stranger Things world and characters while Season 3 really capitalises on what's come before and pushes forward certain aspects. I like them about equally for different reasons. Season 2 is also good, but loses a bit on the pacing front when the story moves away from the core group.

Season 3 was my favourite - such a great summer feeling. Felt like a huge summer blockbuster movie.

Season 2 & 3 came out on Halloween and Independence Day...and the story took place on that holidays.
Season 4 was set for a late 2020 release and might‘ve had a Thanksgiving/Christmas setting. Wonder how much they‘ll delay it. A summer 2021 release with a Christmas/Thanksgiving setting might be odd.

Season 3 was my favourite - such a great summer feeling. Felt like a huge summer blockbuster movie.

Season 2 & 3 came out on Halloween and Independence Day...and the story took place on that holidays.
Season 4 was set for a late 2020 release and might‘ve had a Thanksgiving/Christmas setting. Wonder how much they‘ll delay it. A summer 2021 release with a Christmas/Thanksgiving setting might be odd.
I do like it coming out on holidays with the story also taking place on those holidays. Nice feature.

Getting kind of worried that we haven't heard about a Blu-Ray release for Season 3 yet. Target did exclusive ones for the first two seasons (with awesome VHS-like packaging) but at least at my local store, they went on clearance already and we normally would have had news on a third one I think. :csad:

Season 3 was easily my favorite though and I'm really gonna miss the Starcourt Mall location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"