Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 34

Discussion in 'Suicide Squad' started by Thread Manager, Aug 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fancyarcher Registered

Personally, I find that hard to believe, especially given the fact that his original script was supposedly supposed to be much darker, but it's likely one of the reasons why the film doesn't work anyway. Plus the MPAA is kind of a joke, so I probably shouldn't complain too much about the rating anyway.

2. matt47 Registered

Lawd help me if that's the same I will be so pissed off.

3. -JKR- Registered

No Joker v Skwad finale. So far it seems like the main bulk of the new footage will be the Harleen on bike/Joker confrontation, before the acid bath.

Also, judging from the teaser, it seems like the extended bar scene will be in it.

It's always pretty much known what rating they're aiming for prior to the production start. And David Ayer has always been pretty open that he had signed on to deliver a PG-13 rating. And it could've been dark anyway. The Dark Knight was pretty dark. And X-Men: Apocalypse was surprisingly gnarly and violent for a PG-13 movie. I mean, THAT ANGEL TRANSFORMATION SCENE! Or Wolverine's killing spree. And Batman V Superman was also pretty dark, by the way. The edits don't really have anything to do with the rating.

4. Sleiek Registered

I gotta say, watching that trailer on the iPhone 7 made it impressive, it really shows off the stereo speakers. Love the left and right alternating beats if there is another word for it.

5. fancyarcher Registered

Well, props for Ayer for being able to tone his language down.

6. Kathemy It could happen to you

Told you we'd get an extended cut...

7. Greenlite Registered

Yes, it felt shorter than in the trailers :cmad:
    My wish list would be:

More Batman
    Harley chase
    Harley/tied up Joker conversation in Arkham
    Joker v Skwad (not happening but I can hope)
    Katana
    Croc
    Bar scene
    June/Flag

in 13 min.

8. DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

Hmm I knew it...

I'm curious about what will be part of the extended cut...

9. KillerWolf Possibly partially drunk

Much to my joy, I see we'll be getting those Harleen and Joker scenes we saw being shot long time ago.

Anyway, I didn't like SS, but I always welcome extended cuts. I don't expect it to make the film much better to me, but I can recall only one case of EC making the film worse - happy ending cut of "Blade Runner" that was forced by the studio. But then director's cut of the same film came out and made it one of my all time favorite SFs. So, yeah, I am happy with this, however minor the improvement may be.

10. BH/HHH You Are My World

I wouldn't be shocked if those 13 minutes are just Joker/Harley stuff tbh

11. DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

I dunno. I just don't want to look into it too much of what it could entail...otherwise im just setting myself up for disappointment #2

12. K-Rayner05 Registered

Will probably just wait for a compilation of all those scenes on YT.

13. kguillou Registered

The extra footage will put this movie at 2h and 23 min which I think is a perfect length for a film like this. BvS deserved its epic 3 hour runtime cause....its Batman and Superman for the first time, but for this I don't think we need a 3 hour film.

14. matt47 Registered

I agree about SS but BvS did not need to be 3 hours. If it was actually a straight up Batman vs Superman movie it could've been a 2hr 30 movie.

15. Marvolo Registered

[​IMG]

Man, I hope this version is entirely Ayer's original version. I want that version with hopefully competent editing and Joker in all his abusive sadistic ugliness. Not the frankenstein neutered version WB and those trailer editors released to theaters.

16. matt47 Registered

I really hope so too man. I want that original dinner conversation, I want to see Batfleck cut the roof off the joker mobile, I want to see him torturing Harleen in it's full scene! I want it all!!!!!!!!

But...even then..I won't like the movie, because Enchantress is still the villain and Waller's plan is idiotic.

17. MasterChief2829 Registered

I wonder if we'll get the original "I'm not gonna kill ya" scene

18. MasterChief2829 Registered

The motorcycle stuff were the only new frames in that trailer. I don't think we'll get the Joker vs Squad finale

19. Lantern Venom Emerald Echo Podcast Co-Host

I'm hoping we get to see more of Joker's abusive side in this cut. Also, MOAR ENCHANTRESS!

20. -JKR- Registered

Nope. At 2h 16min (136 min); the theatrical version ran for 2h 3min.

21. matt47 Registered

What are you drunk? Who the hell would want more Enchantress!?

22. Retroman Registered

I agree with most of what you say but you're incorrect about DOFP.

Simon Kinberg announced the Rogue Cut before the theatrical cut was released on Blu-Ray/DVD. It was a move that was praised by many fans (like myself) because it meant we wouldn't have to double-dip.

23. harlequinade DayGirl

Yeah my guess it's that the same mangled TC but with inserted scene here and there, like motorcycle inserted most likely before acid bath scene. That's it, same movie, just added scene here and there :/

24. batfreakforever A real fan

Anybody complaining about the extended cut of Suicide Squad as a cash grab or that wb didn't release a complete film well just look at past films with extended or director's/alternative cuts of films that are better than what was released in theaters like Aliens. Terminator 2. Blade runner (which was [email protected]#$ed on upon release) Kingdom of Heaven (that too). The Abyss. Batman v Superman (which was also spat on upon release) Watchmen. Lord of the rings extended editions. The Wolverine. Even Daredevil.
    Marvel might not do alt cuts or what not but they have a reputation of not letting directors have free reign of their films. (Which for some reason get a free pass from fans).
    WB may have their say in what's released in theaters but they do let directors cuts or alternative cuts get released. Plus this is packed with the theatrical version like BvS was so no double dipping Two cuts for the price of one isn't a rip off its givin fans more of what they loved in theaters. Plus WB probably think they made the right call with releasing Suicide Squad as it was in theaters because of how big of a hit it was and now they can release another cut that maybe has the original version or a cut closer to the directors or the one that was shot.
    Maybe they can do harder cuts or more violent cuts on home video like EVERY OTHER STUDIO DOES IN HOLLYWOOD.
    DC are not being like Marvel and are still getting ! @#$ed on.

25. Greens I am Danny DeVito

Right now we only know about the motorcycle scene and an extended bar scene.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.