Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 35

Discussion in 'Suicide Squad' started by Thread Manager, Oct 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greenlite Registered

lol matches up perfectly

feels like a Burton film though

We need a fanboy cut where everything runs smoothly to keep WB on their toes for the sequel

2. Greens I am Danny DeVito

He corrected it with an annotation.

3. Nick Morton Registered

4. Kane52630 >>BATNIPPLES INTENSIFIES<<

Reverse gifs are so much fun.

[​IMG]

5. Wildcard Cataclysmic Titan

Just noticed in the Arkham scenes, when Joker is lying on the couch he doesn't have the jacket on, but does at the table when talking to Harleen. No way in hell they would've allowed her to be alone with him in a room while he's not restrained. Especially during the early sessions.

6. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

Just watched it......it was an interesting horror movie.

7. Kane52630 >>BATNIPPLES INTENSIFIES<<

That's a pretty apt description.

8. Ivan Drago Do Not Want

Haha it was so bad it horrified you?

9. MasterChief2829 Registered

Watched it with my girlfriend who hates Harleys costume but she enjoyed it. She expected a lot worse from the rep it's got.

10. Joe Von Zombie Hell yeah!

I just rewatched the Suicide Squad episode of Arrow which was far more entertaining than this movie

11. idiot09 Living in a society

[​IMG]

So David Ayer just cleared a few things up.

-First its very sad to hear him talking about the overly negative reaction and how ****** it is to see your blood and sweat of years being destroyed and shredded by the public.
    -He acknowledges the movie had flaws and says he should have made Joker the villain and made the movie more grounded.
    -Agreed with the rest of the what he said as well. Also great to hear him say "I would have to give the characters the plot they deserve next time".

Thats all great to hear. I am now more confident in GCS, because he seems to have learnt his lesson. SS was not all bad, it had its highs, it had its lows. And he seems to have learnt his lessons from his lows. And the hatred Skwad and Ayer received was a bit too extreme at times.

It takes a lot of courage to admit your flaws. What Ayer did was a brave thing and commands a lot of respect. Thats all I have to say.

12. DeadStroke Registered

Maybe I'm alone on this island, but I really don't believe Suicide Squad and especially BvS deserve to be in the 20s on RT.

Both should be at least in the 50s or 60s (I feel BvS should be in the 70s)

I'm rooting for Ayer to make a great GCS film. I also hope that he doesn't get too down on himself that he questions his vision on certain things.

Working in his wheelhouse/grounded story telling should really help.

I also wonder if this is what Leto was tweeting about the last couple of days. Maybe he's officially signed up for GCS.

13. Micromind Registered

Agree with most of the things you say, but I am just not interested in watching a Gotham City Sirens movie... I think the idea of making a team-up movie featuring Catwoman, Harley and Poison Ivy itself is a bad idea.

The problem with GCS is not David Ayer, but the concept itself, which I think is uninteresting.

14. idiot09 Living in a society

[​IMG]
    Also I do believe the GCS concept can be an interesting one, but for now I am not hyped. I will be when I see the first trailer I hope.

15. DeadStroke Registered

Don't get me wrong its not even one of the top 7 or 8 comic book movies I'm looking forward too.

However, I am interested in the idea of a more seasoned comic book directing David Ayer with the a more grounded film. Which is his strong suit. If he can somehow figure how to find the comfort zone he had on Fury and End of Watch it could be a solid film.

16. Greens I am Danny DeVito

I commend him for admitting that he could have written a better story.

17. BH/HHH You Are My World

I watched the Extended edition for the first time on Friday night, I actually think what they added (while not much) fit in nicely, the big one wss obviously Harley chases the Joker on the bike and I loved that scene. I really don't know why they couldn't have just left the additional stuff in originally as it didn't add too much to the length. Still for me it made a decent movie a little better so I'm glad for the additional stuff. Still a bug fan of the film that's for sure.

18. matt47 Registered

I've tried man...I really have. It's impossible.

19. Enriquespy Registered

What is GCS?

20. BatsDC Side-Kicker

Gotham City Sirens

21. MbJ Registered

Good to see he at least acknowledges the criticisms instead of saying "The fanboys just don't get how brilliant I am!"

He's correct about the film needing a more grounded threat. That was something noted in the Folding Ideas critique of the film. They had a very unique premise that should've been used in a big heist or a military style film, but instead they just went and did the same battle every superhero movie feels obligated to do nowadays.

22. BH/HHH You Are My World

That would change the entire premise then becaus as I've said elsewhere they were put together to deal with a Superman level threat. Instead they'd have to be out together to do the horrible missions that they don't want to risk goods soldiers on.

23. Symbiotic Registered

Despite how you may feel about the film, you gotta appreciate the candidness. Good words from Ayer.

24. BH/HHH You Are My World

Of course. He's not totally happy with it himself and I think that's on WBs giving him such a tight timescale to do the film.

25. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

Yeah, like "I grew up their character".

Glad to see Ayer fess up to the flaws of this bad movie at last.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.