Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 36

I just re-watched this on HBO, and it's not a terrible movie, but I just don't like it that much.

It's strange, this movie is more Ghostbusters than Ghostbusters, Rogue One was more Suicide Squad than Suicide Squad, and Guardians is more Star Wars than Rogue One. Crazy!

I just re-watched this on HBO, and it's not a terrible movie, but I just don't like it that much.

It's strange, this movie is more Ghostbusters than Ghostbusters, Rogue One was more Suicide Squad than Suicide Squad, and Guardians is more Star Wars than Rogue One. Crazy!
lol

That one I....don't understand.

The movie does have a strange allure to it, doesn't it? We all agree its a mess on several levels but damn, I could see my self rewatching this every few months or so. It definitely is rewatchable in a strange way.

Suicide Squad with all its flaws (my least favorite DCEU movie) is still more enjoyable than most CBM movies. The performances are gold.

I find SS totally unwatchable. Awful from start to finish.

Last edited:
Lmao. Suicide Squad belongs right next to Green Lantern and Fan4stic as one of the worst modern day cbm's.

Still can't believe how badly they dropped the ball.

Green Lantern was DC's attempt at making a "Marvel" movie, and people didn't want that. They changed course with the DCEU ... and people didn't want that.

I don't blame the execs for staying course.

Lmao. Suicide Squad belongs right next to Green Lantern and Fan4stic as one of the worst modern day cbm's.

Still can't believe how badly they dropped the ball.

GL at least has RR's charisma....which is more than I can say for SS/BVS/MOS.

GL at least has RR's charisma....which is more than I can say for SS/BVS/MOS.

That's probably the last thing that comes to mind when I think of GL or even RIPD.

Hell, I'm told people dug MR's and WS's charisma and I'm just sitting here thinking back to Diablo and Waller being more than decent.

I'm watching the movie right now and more than anything it is just enjoyable. But I haven't made it to the second act yet.

I agree with people it's a fun movie. The characters are pretty well done also, which helps.

‘Suicide Squad’ Gets Ahead Of ‘Batman V Superman’ In Blu-Ray/DVD Sales

http://heroichollywood.com/suicide-squad-batman-v-superman-sales/

Based on sales of Blurays and DVDs it is also ahead of Deadpool and Civil War if we take into account the sales figures of first four weeks of each movies.

Read the comments section;

The numbers website shows over 52 million in blue ray sales for BvS. Your data is incorrect- BvS is about 2 million ahead of Squad in total home video sales.

I figured out what happened when reading the second source. Suicide Squad hasn't passed BvS in total lifetime numbers. The second article states that it is outpacing BvS sales at its current point following release. The title of this article is wrong and gives the wrong impression.

I don't know who put this article together or why they used that website, or how they managed to get everything so wrong. Their charts only show Suicide Squad total through early January and their DVD numbers are at almost 1.14 million units even though this article says it's at less than 1 million. And the BvS numbers stop in November for DVD sales and December for Blu-ray. And those numbers are wrong too. They have BvS DVD totals at nearly 1.16 million when this articles states it only has 619,000 and the Blu-Ray totals are at 2.2 million compared to the stated 1.5 in this article. Then you go to monetary sales and Suicide Squad has $49.6 million in Blu-Ray sales (another number this article got wrong) and BVS has $52.3 million in Blu-Ray sales (also a number this article got drastically wrong). So not only are the numbers in the article inaccurate and utterly out of date, they article is straight out wrong when checked against their source. Maybe it has passed BvS by now, but The Numbers website they cited doesn't back up that claim at this point in time. And it would've taken only 10 mins of research to realize you shouldn't make this article until you have accurate up to date figures.

The movie does have a strange allure to it, doesn't it? We all agree its a mess on several levels but damn, I could see my self rewatching this every few months or so. It definitely is rewatchable in a strange way.

I was extremely skeptical of SS's placement in the developing stages of the DCEU and the liberties that it took with some of its characters. However, the hits came far more often than the misses in this film. The extended cut tipped the balance further in SS's favor. We're only going to get the quality of Avengers, Spider-man 2, or the Dark Knight every so often. If a CBM can bring out its source material coherently, even if it's imperfect, that's all I ask.

I agree. I think we all were wanting and hoping SS would be the best DC movie since TDK, perhaps even more than BvS because it was so different, so offbeat, it had Batman/The Joker/Harley Quinn/Deadshot-- it was just one of those movies you could feel the world was ready for, even MORE than a Batman/Superman movie, and was primed to be a phenomenom. And I think it couldve been, but it fell short and ended up just being an entertaining filler movie instead of a film that knocked our socks off.

Too many balls to juggle in one movie and weird design decisions. Still I find it the most enjoyable and rewatch able DCEU movie so far. I've seen it 5 or 6 times.

You know what would have substantially helped the movie? An innovative, impressive action set piece. The film had none. It was just fighting faceless zombies. If the movie had a set piece that made you go "WOW" like the warehouse fight from BvS or something then I think it could've seriously boosted the film's profile.

True. Action wise, it doesn't seem they tried offering anything particularly fresh or new. Even Deadshot shooting down the ghouls, while cool, wasn't necessarily a stand-out moment. Nor was Harley's elevator scene or even the helicopter sequence with Joker.

Add that to the fact that the design of Enchantress' minions is utterly terrible. The more time that elapses, the more I hate their design. An eggsack-esque head with dozens of eyes is so boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"