Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 36

You guys might not agree with me, but I loved Suicide Squad. It's personally my favorite DCEU movie. I thought it was enjoyable, but there's one thing I hated about it though. Deadshot, don't get me started on him. He was so self righteous and questioning everything, AKA annoying. :( But other than that, yeah. Harley was cool and so was Croc.

I thought Deadshot was one of the best features of the film. There were a lot of good characters, and some good scenes, but the plot was poor. I think if Ayer was just given a bit longer to write it SS could've been great.

I haven’t seen much of Leto’s performance, but that seems way more menacing! Don’t know how I feel about his blind eye, though.

Concept art of Mark Strong as Joker!

Is this official, was he being lined up or just used as the 'inspiration" or fan manip?

He doesn't look like the joker there... i'd say more Freeze/penguin.

Is this official, was he being lined up or just used as the 'inspiration" or fan manip?

He doesn't look like the joker there... i'd say more Freeze/penguin.

Looked up the artist on IMDB and it says he did work on Suicide Squad.

Mark Strong would’ve been an awful Joker. All their ideas for Joker were horrible. David Ayer should’ve never been the guy to bring back Joker after Heath.

Looked up the artist on IMDB and it says he did work on Suicide Squad.

interesting.... i feel Strong isn't really inspired casting anymore, too obvious - i can't imagine Strong pulling it off either and would have played it more.. a straighter version of Leto's.

Mark Strong worked as Sinestro. I would’ve loved to see him again.

I think he is miscast as Sivana to be honest. Jackie Earle Haley would’ve been much better. Strong’s Sivana basically doesn’t resemble the character whatsoever

SUICIDE SQUAD Director David Ayer Reveals A Very Different Alternate Look For Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn

qndeubx.jpg

I think he is miscast as Sivana to be honest. Jackie Earle Haley would’ve been much better. Strong’s Sivana basically doesn’t resemble the character whatsoever

Hell yes. Sivana is the archetypal mad scientist type character - slight of build and stature but large of brain - I remember scratching my head when Strong was cast for what it represented - a move away from that. Honestly, I looked at Strong at times in the movie and he kind of reminded me of Black Adam as drawn by Tom Mandrake for the 80's mini-series. I'm sure the Rock will be fine but they could so easily have gone with a Strong/Black Adam that had a muscle suit the same as Levy's.

I can’t imagine casting a white dude as an Egyptian would’ve been a popular choice in our current climate.

Wouldn’t be the first time Mark Strong has done it.

Am I the only one who doesn't think it's......that different?

Apart from the jacket....its totally different. That is nothing like her shirt that she wears and the bangs are totally just....a no. Gotta love that they were thinking of putting her in something where chest is totally exposed just to ensure the sex appeal is there. I think if it were red/black and zipped all the way it wouldve looked good.

Hell yes. Sivana is the archetypal mad scientist type character - slight of build and stature but large of brain - I remember scratching my head when Strong was cast for what it represented - a move away from that. Honestly, I looked at Strong at times in the movie and he kind of reminded me of Black Adam as drawn by Tom Mandrake for the 80's mini-series. I'm sure the Rock will be fine but they could so easily have gone with a Strong/Black Adam that had a muscle suit the same as Levy's.
While I agree they might be wary of audiences response to weak looking scientist with a large head as antagonist archetype as it was not received well before.

Dr. Hector Hammond in Green Lantern movie.

unnamed.jpg

Max Dillon in TASM 2.

9b056ba4b3406c43be6df43f0b73013d.jpg

Either way with a BVS Ultimate Edition and a Justice League Snyder Cut and a Suicide Squad Unrated Cut...you can still continue on with a shared universe especially considering those films under Snyder's direction actually were great films until Warner Brothers interfered with said movies but if Warner Bros don't interfere with films and actually let their directors make their movies under their vision which is what they should have let Snyder do...then their films would be right on par with Marvel

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"