Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see:

Gotham City is in this movie (as seen with these new set pics and the first set pics of Floyd Lawton in his civies)
Batman's greatest villain is in this
Harley Quinn is not far behind
Killer Croc is in this
Deadshot is in this
Arkham Asylum is in this

None of this is bad in my book.

Let's see:

Gotham City is in this movie (as seen with these new set pics and the first set pics of Floyd Lawton in his civies)
Killer Croc is in this
Deadshot is in this
Arkham Asylum is in this

Damn straight man.

Captain Boomerang is in this so we could expect Ezra Miller's Flash to pop up right? Enchantress is in this so we could see Zatanna or John Constantine or Swamp Thing right?

Actually, I wouldn't mind any of that. :o

Let's see:

Killer Croc is in this
Deadshot is in this
Arkham Asylum is in this

Terrible, this must mean it's all about him and the Suicide Squad is in this for 5 minutes at most.

Batman atop the Jokermobile is now my most anticipated scene of the film. :funny:

We are getting awesome Suicide Squad set photos and video, Chris Pine is in negotiations to play Steve Trevor and I just saw some new hot photos of Henry Cavill. I'm a happy DC fan right now, nobody is harshing my buzz with ridiculous hyperbolic comments about Suicide Squad turning into a Batman movie.

This movie is a Batman movie now, there is simply no denying that. All we can hope for is the Suicide Squad movie rights revert back to marvel. #DChasNoPlan

Let's see:

Killer Croc is in this
Deadshot is in this
Arkham Asylum is in this

:hmr: Comic-Con can't come soon enough!!!

Captain Boomerang is in this so we could expect Ezra Miller's Flash to pop up right? Enchantress is in this so we could see Zatanna or John Constantine or Swamp Thing right?

Actually, I wouldn't mind any of that. :o

Don't know about Zatanna, Constantine or Swamp Thing, but there is magic going down in this universe, which I love... bring it on DC :woot:

Don't know about Zatanna, Constantine or Swamp Thing, but there is magic going down in this universe, which I love... bring it on DC :woot:

I bring up those characters in relation to Enchantress because she was the first enemy of the New 52 Justice League Dark. I still think Heaven Sent will happen with or without Del Toro directing.

This movie is a Batman movie now, there is simply no denying that. All we can hope for is the Suicide Squad movie rights revert back to marvel. #DChasNoPlan

Agreed. #zacksnyderhasthemindofachild

I bring up those characters in relation to Enchantress because she was the first enemy of the New 52 Justice League Dark. I still think Heaven Sent will happen with or without Del Toro directing.

I really hope Del Toro gets to do the JL Dark movie. :woot:

ok i gotta theory, here me out:

you know this is a pretty extensive scene they're shooting, hard to believe this isnt a considerable part of the movie, so i got to wonder whats the purpose for all this trouble? maybe a backstory to how Harley and Joker got captured? or maybe Joker got away and Bats only managed to hold onto Harley? there has to be a way for her to be part of the Squad after all. also maybe that scene we saw earlier of Harleen make-up-less aiming a gun at Joker was for him ditching her to save himself from this car chase?

you know this is a pretty extensive scene they're shooting, hard to believe this isnt a considerable part of the movie, so i got to wonder whats the purpose for all this trouble? maybe a backstory to how Harley and Joker got captured? or maybe Joker got away and Bats only managed to hold onto Harley? there has to be a way for her to be part of the Squad after all. also maybe that scene we saw earlier of Harleen make-up-less aiming a gun at Joker was for him ditching her to save himself from this car chase?
what we saw is less than 60 seconds of action in a movie.

you could be right. could be an origin.

I'm very doubtful this this scene is an origin flashback, particularly based on Harley's appearance. We saw her as Harleen in the set footage shot last week, she didn't have any tattoos, her hair wasn't bleached and her skin was a tan colour.

As shown in the recent footage, her hair's coloured blonder than usual, her skin is undeniably a lot whiter than her natural complexion and she has the tattoos. I definitely feel that this scene must come after the scene we saw tidbits of earlier. That's just me though.

But who knows.

We are getting awesome Suicide Squad set photos and video, Chris Pine is in negotiations to play Steve Trevor and I just saw some new hot photos of Henry Cavill. I'm a happy DC fan right now, nobody is harshing my buzz with ridiculous hyperbolic comments about Suicide Squad turning into a Batman movie.

I personally found that posters question an honest one and assumed he was in the dark about this movie and property as they are. My friends legit think they are filming a batman movie downtown and the news coverage isn't helping matters. Given 'batman is back on the big screen' as of next year, they think this is the solo follow up and it features will smith lol. Hey, whatever get's press I say.

That being said, there is this thing that keeps happening with WB/DC in which 'fans' and the media obsess over the prospect of Batman overtaking someone else' film. You and I both endured this for months with BvS and now here. Kinda funny. It also indicative of this odd insecurity I can't quite put my finger on.
I think it's brilliant for WB to leverage all their Batman momentum into their other products. It means we aren't stuck with yet another batch of only batman solo's but they still get to use the fact that he's white hot. If marvel was doing this it would be business as usual but DC and it's some negative spin(as usual).

Meh, I can't believe they are filming a 'batman' movie in my canadian city in my lifetime. ****'s crazy.

Yea, I'm thinking this will all be a part of Harley's flashback and it's her getting Batman'd. Joker sacrifices her only to later in the film do that thing he does and get's her to forgive him when he needs her.
He's the bad for her one and Deadshot is the 'good for her' one.

I'm also interested in the idea that we'll be getting Orange is the new Black like flashbacks for all the main players in the Squad. In fact, if that's true I think it's genius. All these people in that show have a self validating and relatable story going into jail and I don't put it past DC to nail building a villain.
I'm expecting Waller to come off as really hard and 'mean'.

I think the scene we're seeing (Batman chasing Joker and Harley, on top of the car trying to break through) is meant to show us the most recent time Batman captured the two of them, from Harley's perspective.

Affleck and Leto haven't shown up to film this scene yet, but Margot has. This leads me to believe Joker and Batman's faces won't explicitly be shown in this scene, and it might be Harley recalling a memory to someone else or something.

Yea, I'm thinking this will all be a part of Harley's flashback and it's her getting Batman'd. Joker sacrifices her only to later in the film do that thing he does and get's her to forgive him when he needs her.
He's the bad for her one and Deadshot is the 'good for her' one.

I'm also interested in the idea that we'll be getting Orange is the new Black like flashbacks for all the main players in the Squad. In fact, if that's true I think it's genius. All these people in that show have a self validating and relatable story going into jail and I don't put it past DC to nail building a villain.
I'm expecting Waller to come off as really hard and 'mean'.

:up:

I think the scene we're seeing (Batman chasing Joker and Harley, on top of the car trying to break through) is meant to show us the most recent time Batman captured the two of them, from Harley's perspective.

Affleck and Leto haven't shown up to film this scene yet, but Margot has. This leads me to believe Joker and Batman's faces won't explicitly be shown in this scene, and it might be Harley recalling a memory to someone else or something.

Affleck and Leto probably did these scenes way back when they were there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"