Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this movie has Batman, Harley, The Joker, Capt Boomerang, Croc, Katana, Enchantress, Deadshot and many more characters from the comics.

You would hardly believe it was supposed to be a Superman movie at all. :mad:

#NotMySuperman

This may prove some things...

That maybe Harley did the tattoos (specially the face ones)
The damaged tatto may have a relation to the Rotten one... maybe nicknames from one to the other.
That the tattos actually have some mean, unlike some have thought.

That's an interesting idea. The monickers seem more suited in reverse, however. Perhaps they are each tattooed with one another's pet names.

Wouldn't Joker's be Puddin then in that case?

From Harley's perspective, yes, but everything we have seen indicates that The Joker is the dominant force in their relationship.

Was kinda hoping this movie would set up a future confrontation between Batman and the Joker in the solo movie, but I won't complain if we're getting it sooner than I expected.

Was kinda loping this movie would set up a future confrontation between Batman and the Joker in the solo movie, but I won't complain if we're getting it sooner than I expected.

Yeah I had those same hopes and predictions as well. But if Bats and Joker are facing off his early, LAWD knows what sort of villain intricacy we'll see in the Batfleck solo film :sly:

Yeah I had those same hopes and predictions as well. But if Bats and Joker are facing off his early, LAWD knows what sort of villain intricacy we'll see in the Batfleck solo film :sly:

Well they've set up the existence of super powers and aliens, cybernetics exist, magic exists... so, unlike Nolan's real-world Batman, the universe holds no barriers.
I'm hoping we may see a more comic accurate version of Mr. Freeze or the Scarecrow... possibly even Poison Ivy. :woot:

I've already fanboy-tasized about what Batman villains we'll be getting live action and CORRECT versions of down the road. LAWD.

Just my theory, but I think that we're being shown how each villain gets locked up - setting up the Suicide Squad. I believe that we're seeing Batman appear in those, as opposed to being in the overall plot of the movie.

So you're saying that what we're seeing is flashbacks?

Flashbacks, or a prologue, in my opinion. Perhaps the film starts with our villains free (Deadshot taking his daughter out on the town, Joker and Harley riding around like its their honeymoon, etc.) than we see them all captured in the same montage.

Though I suspect Batman will have a larger role to play than just one "cutscene", as it were.

:hmr::hmr::hmr:

Everything looks amazing... especially that bloody Batman suit!!

So you're saying that what we're seeing is flashbacks?

Flashbacks, or a prologue, in my opinion. Perhaps the film starts with our villains free (Deadshot taking his daughter out on the town, Joker and Harley riding around like its their honeymoon, etc.) than we see them all captured in the same montage.

Though I suspect Batman will have a larger role to play than just one "cutscene", as it were.

Yep. I'm just speculating, but it seems like the logical way to introduce everyone.

Bats could appear later on, but I don't expect him to be the focus - maybe along the lines of the Assault on Arkham animated feature.

LRvPVLn.gif

Well, I'm hoping they adapt the Court of Owls storyline and spread it out across two films. The first Batfleck solo film could involve Nightwing, and could draw in some elements of the Red Hood story (only a little, in that he's killed, then brought back, then is Nightwing and is a violent vigilante in Bludhaven before returning to Gotham). Since Nightwing plays a part in the Court of Owls story, they could use that as a prelude to two Court of Owls films. That also affords the opportunity to bring in certain members of the Batman family (I'm thinking Batgirl, Nightwing, Tim Drake, and Batting) and certain villain cameos (Penguin, Catwoman). They could even bring in Vandal Savage as the leader of the Court.

Well, I'm hoping they adapt the Court of Owls storyline and spread it out across two films. The first Batfleck solo film could involve Nightwing, and could draw in some elements of the Red Hood story (only a little, in that he's killed, then brought back, then is Nightwing and is a violent vigilante in Bludhaven before returning to Gotham). Since Nightwing plays a part in the Court of Owls story, they could use that as a prelude to two Court of Owls films. That also affords the opportunity to bring in certain members of the Batman family (I'm thinking Batgirl, Nightwing, Tim Drake, and Batting) and certain villain cameos (Penguin, Catwoman). They could even bring in Vandal Savage as the leader of the Court.

I wouldn't mind that, but the Owls story always resembled the League of Assassins to me. I'm not saying that it will come off like that, just that it has the potential to feel familiar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"