Suicide Squad's positivity thread

Oh, you might have misread my comment, I wasn't referring to you at all ... I was referring to the same people you mentioned. :)

I'm talking about all the people who say that they're keeping an "open mind" while talking smack about a movie they have not seen. Which is pretty idiotic imo.

I'm glad that you watched BvS without trying to hate it beforehand, that kind of common sense is becoming rare these days it seems.

It's sad because it has made discussing these movies much more one-note and less interesting. It's become a constant bashing vs defending, instead of analyzing and talking about what WE liked or what we didn't like. Instead, people tend to follow memes these days and back up their opinion with them ( I thought the "Martha"-bashing on the Internet was a billion times more idiotic than the scene itself, which made perfect sense, and with which I really resonated with).

I think once people actually see the movie the debate will shift to actually analysing the movie.

Right now it's either gleeful laughter and saying "I told you so!" or "It's a conspiracy all of it!"

Similar thing happened with BvS in my experience.

This sort of clashes with The Washington Post- the writer, not necessarily the writer hesrself- also calling Suicide Squad the worst film of 2016. And Ann Hornday is a pretty well-known critic, too.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/suicide-squad-is-perfect-for-2016-which-means-its-absolutely-terrible/2016/08/03/6df78956-5992-11e6-9aee-8075993d73a2_story.html

Unpleasant, incoherent, astonishingly poorly made, the DC Comics spin-off, about a ragtag team of criminal meta-humans (“the worst of the worst,” Viola Davis’s character solemnly intones at one point) conscripted to save the world from World War III, provides yet one more nail in the franchise’s cinematic coffin, joining last spring’s “Batman v. Superman” in what has become a dreary roll call of cinematic Debbie Downers, tarted up by moody visuals and a dour tone to seem far edgier than they are.

I know, the positive thread, but still worth noting when there are two differing opinions from the same newspaper.

I think once people actually see the movie the debate will shift to actually analysing the movie.

Right now it's either gleeful laughter and saying "I told you so!" or "It's a conspiracy all of it!"

The problem is that most of the times the climate won't allow for a simple discussion, even less once people have seen the movies.

The memes start rolling in, and will be used as a the ultimate demonstration that the movie sucks, and whoever won't join the herd of haters will be treated like an idiot, and like his opinion is not as worthy.

Why there are not many people over at general discussion thread ?

This sort of clashes with The Washington Post- the writer, not necessarily the writer hesrself- also calling Suicide Squad the worst film of 2016. And Ann Hornday is a pretty well-known critic, too.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...f78956-5992-11e6-9aee-8075993d73a2_story.html

I know, the positive thread, but still worth noting when there are two differing opinions from the same newspaper.

Is Ann Hornday or whatever her name the woman who accused Seth Rogan that the comedies he makes caused some teen to shoot his girlfriend or something?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/suicide-squad-is-perfect-for-2016-which-means-its-absolutely-terrible/2016/08/03/6df78956-5992-11e6-9aee-8075993d73a2_story.html

Yeah that kinda baffled me as well. Anyway I posted that article because it's positive and this is the positivity thread, so...... :woot:

They're exhausted. Sleep, refuel and will be back soon with more moaning and gloating.

While I dont want to bring this up here,there's this certain one or two posters who have been very very active in the main SS forum for the last couple of days,completely bashing the movie and gloating about how bad it is and how the whole dceu is a mistep(they havent even seen the movie)...and thats not the strange thing.I havent seen them in the forums for the last 2 weeks before this when the things were looking positive.

seems really strange how well known comic fans with their youtube channels are all raving about how fun and great the movie is yet the critics are hating on it. most common complaint is the pacing/editing

I hope the fans drown out RT after this weekend.

seems really strange how well known comic fans with their youtube channels are all raving about how fun and great the movie is yet the critics are hating on it. most common complaint is the pacing/editing

Yep,I guess this time the audience's voice will indeed will be the loudest.

Chris Stuckmann gave it a C. Not exactly glowing praise.

It's at least better than BvS, where even the fans and YouTubers were split down the middle.

Batman v Superman (Ultimate Edition, I've seen it two times) - 7/10
Suicide Squad - 5/10, but I think it will be 4 after second viewing.

Heading out in about 1 hour to see it.:up:

I doubt that. From what I've seen, actual analysis is going to be far and few in between, positive analysis will be exclusive to the positive thread, and 80% of the discussions will revolve around confirmation bias and Marvel comparisons, with the latter having 50% of those posts disappear after 2 weeks post release, because the mods will suddenly come out of hibernation :oldrazz:

Saw it, and it's miles better then BvS TC. The flow problems and editing is minuscule compered to it. My friend who does not care about CBM loved it so much we will be seeing it again. And personally loved ut as well. Movie quality maybe 7 or 8 out of 10 in my book, experience 10 out of 10.

We're back up to 30% on RT, y'all! That's positive, right? ;)

We're back up to 30% on RT, y'all! That's positive, right? ;)

Haha

I looked at the booking system and the seats are quite full for the night sessions of the first day showing in NZ here...delux seats are selling fast...

Movie was great. 8/10. Lots of laughs and the applause at the end (after mid credits) was louder than at the end of BvS. Surprisingly there were some emotional moments and I haven't seen my wife that happy after seeing a movie in a long time, if ever. She absolutely loved it and didn't have as many questions as she has with previous CBMs, so that's a win to me. I heard a couple kids say it was one of their favorite movies they've ever seen, which surprised me.

I liked the movie.

Just got back, posted in the general thread too

Just got back from an early screening.

Here are my thoughts:

I don't know what film the critics saw but it obviously wasn't Suicide Squad because holy crap it was FANTASTIC!!!

that doesn't mean that it was a perfect film, it's a box office popcorn superhero flick, it's not made to win oscars it's made to give the audience a good time. And boy did it!

If I had to make any critiques they would be this:

Headshot's daughter wasn't a good actress. I rolled my eyes overtime she was on screen which was not much at all.

Katana was cool but she barely said two words, a character you didn't really need to much

Enchantress's motivations were pretty murky but I will say this. That is a common thread of just about ALL superhero films so if the critics want to criticize that then they are being hypocrites of just about every DC and Marvel film ever.

The only complaint I heard from anyone in the audience was one girl beside me who complained that she only came there for Leto and he was barely in it. She wanted a 30 Seconds to Mars song too. Don't know what she was thinking, anyone who did a tiny bit of research knew this wasn't a Joker film.

There were cheers at the end. Lots of laughs, lots of clapping at the big moments, applause when the film ended. Everyone was smiling and talking about how great it was.

And one guy dressed up as the Joker, green hair and tux. And because I was dressed up as Harley, I ran up to him at the end and shouted "Pudding!" Good times.

I predict audiences will be giving this film a MASSIVE thumbs up and the Critics are going to have to put up and shut up. They have been wrong far too many times this year it's ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"