The Justice League Skepticism thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like a waste building that gorgeous batmobile only to use a poor CGI vehicle and impossible wide CGI roads in the actual movie

If JL looks like the Doomsday fight stretched to the whole movie to you, how can BVS have been tightly made, formally? Isn't the Doomsday fight part of BVS? That sequence is filled with cartoonish CGI too. The combination of the overwhelming amount of smoke, debris, endless fiery embers and desaturation made it one of the most ugly things I have ever seen.

I do kind of see this as a "oh well it's something to do til the justice league starts properly" sort of film but oh well. Great to see Diana in action and Arthur looks great

If JL looks like the Doomsday fight stretched to the whole movie to you, how can BVS have been tightly made, formally? Isn't the Doomsday fight part of BVS? That sequence is filled with cartoonish CGI too. The combination of the overwhelming amount of smoke, debris, endless fiery embers and desaturation made it one of the most ugly things I have ever seen.

This entire trailer (with the exception of the first shot with Wayne visiting Aquaman) was just more Doomsday fight - visually speaking.

I really hope this trailer isn't an indication of another 2 hour music video (Suicide Squad) featuring a bunch of distracting "on the nose" songs.

I'm curious what fights you are referring to?
I'm too lazy to search for the scoop, but somewhere last Summer/Spring there were reports Snyder clashed with producers about the tone or something like that. Then later some producer said they get to the optimistic part much sooner.

So regardless of the absence of Superman for the marketing, will they release a poster of him next trailer, and a poster with him with the Justice League? Maybe that would have been a bad decision if they don't show him at some point before the film's release.

I only say this in light of another concern. Not having Superman in the main posters or character posters for this movie.

When he should be a part of that "image" of the movie. Imagine not being able to collect a poster for the first Justice League movie that doesn't show Superman, even though he is presumably in the movie for at least 40 minutes, I pray to God.

And after the film's release...no posters? I mean new ones. I would seem unnecessary.

What if Warner Bros releases a sudden poster a month before the film releases showing the Justice League marching with Superman in the center?

I can't imagine having a Justice League movie poster without Superman in it. If anything, when the DVD comes out, they'll put Superman on the cover, but...well.

It's one thing to keep him hidden in the trailers, so why don't they just make one character poster of him in the black suit, and a main poster of him in the classic suit assembled with the league? But proceed keeping him out of the trailers.

I mean that was kind of the point with the first image that was released...

So if the excitement thread has been shut down why not this one?

I agree, shut this one down too.

I liked the trailer and I have hope that this will be better than BvS, but I do harbor skepticism around the fact that this movie appears to be loosely based on the 2011 New 52 Justice League 1-6 arc or JL:War movie mixed with a bit of Return of Superman (Minus Reign of the Supermen and Mongul destroying Coast City).

Those issues/film have some good action, but there was very little character development or plot at all aside from stopping Darkseid's invasion. Darkseid himself was almost characterless and more of just a plot device.

Seeing the inclusion of Mera, Gordon and Henry Allen makes me hope that they pad the story with some good subplots and character arcs.

Not to be mean, but this trailer is kind of a pathetic attempt at trying to be the Avengers. The "I'm rich" line compared to the "Billionaire,playboy, philanthropist" line, motherboxes to tesseract, darkseid to thanos, faceless enemy alien horde; even Aqua jumping off the batmobile seems like an unimaginable attempt at an 'ant-man on Hawkeye arrow' end trailer stinger.

Not to be mean, but this trailer is kind of a pathetic attempt at trying to be the Avengers. The "I'm rich" line compared to the "Billionaire,playboy, philanthropist" line, motherboxes to tesseract, darkseid to thanos, faceless enemy alien horde; even Aqua jumping off the batmobile seems like an unimaginable attempt at an 'ant-man on Hawkeye arrow' end trailer stinger.

You be stretching man. The "I'm rich" line has been a huge line among the fan community, they were gonna reference it sooner or later. Motherboxes, Darkseid and Parademons have been around in the DC lore for a long ****ing time, if they didn't do it there would be an uproar. Now that's the biggest stretch, just because a hero jumps of a vehicle it's immediately copying of the ant-man hawkeye move? Serious?

I've just been to the tackle shop, I bought you this can of worms....

You be stretching man. The "I'm rich" line has been a huge line among the fan community, they were gonna reference it sooner or later. Motherboxes, Darkseid and Parademons have been around in the DC lore for a long ****ing time, if they didn't do it there would be an uproar. Now that's the biggest stretch, just because a hero jumps of a vehicle it's immediately copying of the ant-man hawkeye move? Serious?

Actually DC comics did Darkseid first so... I mean such a shocker teamup movies sharing similar tropes right?:oldrazz:

Actually DC comics did Darkseid first so... I mean such a shocker teamup movies sharing similar tropes right?:oldrazz:

While I doubt I'm likely to be the biggest fan of this movie (though hope springs eternal) if I hear anyone complain that JL rips off Avengers in terms of villains or set-up for a team based throwdown, I will jump all over their ****, because DC were doing all of this stuff first.

If anything, isn't the tesseract completely made up for the film as a stand in for an infinity stone?

So if the excitement thread has been shut down why not this one?
because the excitement thread was essentially to handle the first Trailer, posters and so on.
Like I was saying last night tho, THIS thread is for basically for the uber fan to nit pick or state what they don't like so far and why they think certain things won't work, the General Speculation is for guessing what we have seen in photo's, behind the scenes vids, Lounge for everything Justice League past and present

Yeah There's a BIG difference between the Motherboxes and Cosmic cube if you ask me.
No matter what studio, does what action wise, there's bound to be similarities because most Heroes have certain training in the same self defense.
As for the Ant-Man and Hawkeye Arrow or Aquaman jumping off the Batmobile think about the Wolverine/Colossus fastball a second. ;)

Yeah There's a BIG difference between the Motherboxes and Cosmic cube if you ask me.
No matter what studio, does what action wise, there's bound to be similarities because most Heroes have certain training in the same self defense.
As for the Ant-Man and Hawkeye Arrow or Aquaman jumping off the Batmobile think about the Wolverine/Colossus fastball a second. ;)

Somehow I forgot all about X3. Wonder why lol

because the excitement thread was essentially to handle the first Trailer, posters and so on.
Like I was saying last night tho, THIS thread is for basically for the uber fan to nit pick or state what they don't like so far and why they think certain things won't work, the General Speculation is for guessing what we have seen in photo's, behind the scenes vids, Lounge for everything Justice League past and present

So, where does one go if you are genuinely excited and don't have a bad word to say about the forthcoming film now that the actual excitement thread was closed down, even though you can slag it off to your hearts delight here. (genuine question, no wish to cause trouble)

Last edited:
Sigh

I held off on posting about the latest round of Justice League promo material since I wanted to wait until the trailer came out to see if any of it actually looked good in motion. I honestly tried to reserve judgement on the costumes and overall aesthetic to see if they could pull a fast one on me and I could enjoy it but... it's really not good.

Bruce and Diana's costume's look good for the most part even if I wish certain elements were changed. However the Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg costumes all look way too over designed and busy which makes them look even worse in motion than they do on a poster. Cyborg especially looks awful, he just looks like a floating head, it's like they learned nothing from Green Lantern and that was six years ago.

I really don't see what people like about this Aquaman, he just seems like a less charismatic and funny version of Lobo. Nothing he does in the trailer is particularly impressive or likable.

The only sort of attempt they make to try and make this film look different then the previous movies (and win back the people who don't like them) is a single joke from Bruce about his wealth. This joke has the most uninspired set up and payoff imaginable. As soon as I heard Barry ask about Bruce's powers I knew they would either go with his money or that he's a ninja, and at least being a ninja took work (and is therefore more interesting/justifiable to brag about) unlike gaining inheritance from his family fortune. The dialogue in this trailer overall is just so generic, aside from references to sci-fi/fantasy concepts these are just typical lines you'd see in any action movie. It's so unremarkable it'd be funny if I could even remember what the lines were.

And then there's the aesthetics overall, it seems like Snyder is only getting progressively worse as his career limps along. The whole thing is so dark, poorly shot, and sloppily edited it made it extremely difficult to discern what was going on most of the time. None of this is helped by the awful CGI and green screen effects that looks like an unfinished PS1 cutscene that was left on the cutting room floor back in 1996. While some may argue that the effects aren't finished yet, I'd point out that the climax of BvS didn't look that much better and that had an extra year of development time over this movie.

Look, the Justice League is my favorite team and to see them treated with such little respect and care with the absolute minimal amount of effort and talent involved is... disappointing to say the least.

Sigh

I held off on posting about the latest round of Justice League promo material since I wanted to wait until the trailer came out to see if any of it actually looked good in motion. I honestly tried to reserve judgement on the costumes and overall aesthetic to see if they could pull a fast one on me and I could enjoy it but... it's really not good.

Bruce and Diana's costume's look good for the most part even if I wish certain elements were changed. However the Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg costumes all look way too over designed and busy which makes them look even worse in motion than they do on a poster. Cyborg especially looks awful, he just looks like a floating head, it's like they learned nothing from Green Lantern and that was six years ago.

I really don't see what people like about this Aquaman, he just seems like a less charismatic and funny version of Lobo. Nothing he does in the trailer is particularly impressive or likable.

The only sort of attempt they make to try and make this film look different then the previous movies (and win back the people who don't like them) is a single joke from Bruce about his wealth. This joke has the most uninspired set up and payoff imaginable. As soon as I heard Barry ask about Bruce's powers I knew they would either go with his money or that he's a ninja, and at least being a ninja took work (and is therefore more interesting/justifiable to brag about) unlike gaining inheritance from his family fortune. The dialogue in this trailer overall is just so generic, aside from references to sci-fi/fantasy concepts these are just typical lines you'd see in any action movie. It's so unremarkable it'd be funny if I could even remember what the lines were.

And then there's the aesthetics overall, it seems like Snyder is only getting progressively worse as his career limps along. The whole thing is so dark, poorly shot, and sloppily edited it made it extremely difficult to discern what was going on most of the time. None of this is helped by the awful CGI and green screen effects that looks like an unfinished PS1 cutscene that was left on the cutting room floor back in 1996. While some may argue that the effects aren't finished yet, I'd point out that the climax of BvS didn't look that much better and that had an extra year of development time over this movie.

Look, the Justice League is my favorite team and to see them treated with such little respect and care with the absolute minimal amount of effort and talent involved is... disappointing to say the least.

I wish his reply had instead been "I'm smarter than the rest of you," in a totally dead pan voice, with Barry not knowing how to react.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"