The Justice League Skepticism thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snyder really should've been gone after Batman v Superman. I stand by that. Seeing this trailer, I still believe that.

Alot of what I see seems like Snyder is on cruise control. Say what you will about BvS or MOS, but I got a tighter feel from them, like Snyder was very focused in delivering something down to the cinematography, and scene structuring. Whether he delivered it is up to your mileage, the effort look like it was there. Justice League, not so much.

Alot of what I see seems like Snyder is on cruise control. Say what you will about BvS or MOS, but I got a tighter feel from them, like Snyder was very focused in delivering something down to the cinematography, and scene structuring. Whether he delivered it is up to your mileage, it was there. Justice League, not so much.
My impression as well. It's like he's "whatever" this time. Assuming those fights on the set rumors were real, it's not really an unrealistic scenario. I'm not fond of MoS, but in comparison to this trailer, MoS trailers were works of art. Poetry. This one is fast food.

Does anyone even miss Superman, though? Across 2 movies, he's hardly uttered a line of dialogue and has no personality to speak of. I can't see him making a genuine dramatic impact when he does return, no matter what form that takes.

I miss the Superman we got for brief snippets in MoS. The one that confidently surrendered to the military, then later told Lois to take a few steps back. Seems like he died before BvS even started.

My impression as well. It's like he's "whatever" this time. Assuming those fights on the set rumors were real, it's not really an unrealistic scenario. I'm not fond of MoS, but in comparison to this trailer, MoS trailers were works of art. Poetry. This one is fast food.

I havent been paying attention what were the rumors

:lmao: I can already envision the inevitable comparisons in reviews, and I doubt it's gonna be pretty. Get ready for the typical "Why can't they review the movie on it's own terms!?!?!?" from the usual suspects.

Both of your experiences (as well as my own) speak to the heart of the issue - there's a large enough contingent of fans who interpret criticism or skepticism towards these movies as a personal affront. Needless to say, that makes civil discourse pretty much impossible.

Very true, too many irrational over excited kids, and with all due respect, I'm not taking grief from them for having a different opinion

I have to say, even though I'm not as down about it as most of you it's a relief seeing people share similar problems. I always feel like I'm alone here and just don't see what others are seeing!

I miss the Superman we got for brief snippets in MoS. The one that confidently surrendered to the military, then later told Lois to take a few steps back. Seems like he died before BvS even started.

I didn't get much from him in MoS tbh. He hasn't quite felt like a complete character throughout 2 movies to me, and this isn't a #notmySuperman type of thing either; I was fully on board for a fresh, original interpretation after those exhilarating trailers dropped. I just needed said new interpretation to be a fully formed character in his own right.

I started a new general discussion thread. Those who care to engage in debate instead of just agreeing are welcome there.

Very true, too many irrational over excited kids, and with all due respect, I'm not taking grief from them for having a different opinion

dang, i didnt know this is where all the rational adults were hanging out. :woot:

Do any of you post on other forums?

I post on a few sports forums and the reaction on there is more what you'd expect, ie people saying it looks like a CGI mess and questioning how Snyders been allowed to make 3 of these.

The general audience aren't going to like it

I post on a few sports forums and the reaction on there is more what you'd expect, ie people saying it looks like a CGI mess and questioning how Snyders been allowed to make 3 of these.

Reddit is overwhelmingly possible, on a couple sports forums I visit it's quite mixed. On youtube the ratings are very high, comments are a little mixed.

Tbh I'm mixed on it myself.

I don't post on any other forums. But I visit a few other sites and the reaction is all over the place. Some are excited, other indifferently joke about it, some people outright hate. Nothing like TDKR hype, for example. Not even close. I'm becoming less optimistic about it's performances. Both financial and critical.

While I haven't seen those comments myself yet, and though I'll see the film and hope for the best, the use of CGI and question of why Snyder is still involved with this universe after the reception to both Man of Steel and Dawn of Justice aren't invalid concerns or questions to ask.

For the most part I see good things for this film for almost everywhere website I go on YouTube, Facebook, and Reddit. The only people who are mixed it seems are the critics, people on this forum, and others found sporadically along the internet.

Some critics gave the trailer positive reaction on twitter, same critics who gave BvS rotten score, so that's cool.

Say what you will about BvS or MOS, but I got a tighter feel from them, like Snyder was very focused in delivering something down to the cinematography, and scene structuring.
I wouldn't characterize BvS as tight at all. Very far from it.

My god... This looks awful! Not that I should expect anything different from hack snyder: it looks like a videogame, too much slow motion ( I guess this will break records), and some of the acting is atrocious (Gadot and Momoa...). And for the ones who love to complain about forced humor, this will have it in spades!

It will be lucky if it does as much as BvS.

It seems to me that Snyder took the criticism of BvS and responded by trying to Marvel-ize his movie. But he seems to understand what the substance of the complaints were. Therefore, in his elementary attempt to fix his shortcomings, he has inserted a bunch of out of place, stupid quips and one liners and turned Aquaman into a screaming, Thor-if-he-were-played-by-Vin-Diesel caricature while fixing none of the true shortcomings of his work.

This discussion should be moved over to the new General Discussion thread.

Well whatever. I'm not going to try and convince the excited ones why they are wrong and why I think this looks not good. People will think what they will. It is what it is.

I'm curious what fights you are referring to?

Man, I saw that MoS trailer for the first time and I immediately went on my Facebook proclaiming the next $1+ billion franchise. Of course was massively disappointed.

Your comparison of the two trailers is on point. So very true. It's becoming the new norm for CGI blockbusters.

I wouldn't characterize BvS as tight at all. Very far from it.

BvS may have been disorganized on a narrative level, but he atleast put more effort from a technical one. That is something I didn't see from the JL trailer.

BvS may have been disorganized on a narrative level, but he atleast put more effort from a technical one. That is something I didn't see from the JL trailer.
The batmobile chase is a mess. Very ugly, horribly jumpy, rubbery CGI, and sloppily edited.

And yet there's 40 people in here and 400 in the excitement thread. Have fun guys. :up:

yeah and 399 of em are you with different user names, why don't you calm down before you lose more hair.

As the trailer well it has nice images like all of snyder's trailers do until you watch the movie and you realize that it's all we get, a collection of pretty pics with little context.
Can't wait for superman to come back evil and cap off Snyder's genius 'superman trilogy' :o

The batmobile chase is a mess. Very ugly, horribly jumpy, rubbery CGI, and sloppily edited.

I gave my perspective on things. To me, JL looks like its overindulging on the effects compared to BvS. Its like it will be the last 20 minutes of BvS stretch to an entire 2 acts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"