Suicide Squad's positivity thread

Very fun movie, audience loved it! The backlash from critics is ridiculous

I just came back home. As expected, I disagreed with the critics. The movie was fun! Some thoughts:

Loved Deadshot and Harley Quinn. Will Smith really made the character his own and Harley was crazily sexy and awesome. However, most of the screentime was spent on them. Other members really don't get to shine. Especially Croc. He is severely underused here.

Couldn't care less about Flag and his relationship with June, but loved Deadshot's backstory about his daughter.

Bats' cameo was fun, but I was disappointed that the car chase was EXACTLY the same length as in the trailer (around 10-15 seconds).

Most of the Joker's scenes from the trailers were cut, but I liked the ones he had in the film. I REALLY wished he was more in it, though, as he was cool and unique enough. Also enjoyed most of the music tracks used through the movie.

Now on to the worse stuff:

Editing - in the first 30 minutes, there were some really atrocious cuts and fast jumps between scenes. A bit confusing, but luckily, it settles down a bit near the middle.

Villain - Enchantress was ok in the beginning, but becomes a real joke by the end. And her brother's CGI was very bad in the end battle.

Overall, I give it 7/10. I am happy that I enjoyed the good stuff more than the bad and that kept me enjoying the film while watching it. However, WB should really stop messing with their films in the cutting floor, as you can clearly feel scenes missing between other scenes (especially the ones with the Joker).

Can't wait to see it again.

BvS

P -

Emergency Awesome (over 146000)

Tyrone Magnus(over 840000)

Grace Randolph( over 530000)

theFLICKpick (over 220000)

m-(sort of)

VariantComics (over 1100000)

Mr Sunday Movies(around 600000)

ColliderVideos(over 270000)-- after BvS UC being released, move towards P

boogie2988(over 3500000)

n-

KEVIN SMITH (over 196000)

Andre "Black Nerd" (over 520000)

Chris Stuckmann (over 700000)

Jeremy Jahns (over 1100000)

AngryJoeShow (over 2560000)

---------------------------------------------------------

SS

P -

VariantComics (over 1100000)

Jeremy Jahns (over 1100000)

Mr Sunday Movies(around 600000)

Emergency Awesome (over 146000)

KEVIN SMITH (over 196000)

AngryJoeShow (over 2560000)

boogie2988(over 3500000)

theFLICKpick (over 220000)

ColliderVideos(over 270000)-averagely, their A team gave SS 6.6/10(roughly),so it is sort of P

m-(sort of)

Andre "Black Nerd" (over 520000)

n

Tyrone Magnus(over 840000)

Chris Stuckmann (over 700000)

Grace Randolph( over 530000)

Last edited:
Messy beginning but built from the middle and has so much heart and fun in the 3rd act. Good movie =D

Im watching it tomorrow had no time to see it today but really looking forward to see it.

I'm hoping for an Ultimate Cut, but even then that shouldn't need to happen. Get all the goods in the film from the start.

14-9NoQeH-U44tl6tkZQWdT4PAkcNe4FTfV3xKaPo5HM4Hi6MNZK99pxI_uo1JvtmtFm8_qhXLS-DkgwPM2T4h-dZwkGaySLmcNjjilAq0r0iv8knv6-bdd1-1Jh_vN7l2xnVY04hYF4yj7YQuPQH_3dbJFTMNXk3D_IocLvCqsXTmzMkZhxjTqFTskH9KKtYwHfY55ktpt5lNsfPe44EYtWR68PEmixOU_9UjfFeTkOa0yaGxeAS_CEYEcNP5TdkvMtrEt-zLySV5aXwvYJiaQ8XOjO4i323uAkEhCTPs4mt_ytRBtTdOqjvNnqh9JHRHN6l_CeYxwiQn8UPXZ2uaODG0gVQxcB1IA64og3gIHoR6FNPn94IP9qhspoXODoVAPh8nopEK3wdQQOpu3hhwjE5DdLnE13oK_IFAjOR2cYDe_v1tYjmcWMsIjS4D-lNljtyYKAlWTKT0Jf39ClYCRyISUaZsLCzVbi2CkCTM0rX3fnlFe9tbCWU3pSxemnjrW9huM75w8yukrVIBbMhTAvDUez54Z2JHWgyTaMYZDO230cYim7pdtijl--0ujSx34yz50Ww8QH43POgpMvR1-TzYCYpF4=w1682-h946-no

I love this universe!!!

Loved how they talked about Superman.

Batman was awesome. Flash was good.

Deadshot, Waller, and Harley Quinn were also awesome.

Need more Joker.

Nolan's writing helped Heath a lot and Leto really had an extremely small role to really critique his performance. But as of now, he was not bad....with more room for improvement.
Good enough to be in that solo Batfleck movie.

I love this universe!!!

Loved how they talked about Superman.

Batman was awesome. Flash was good.

Deadshot, Waller, and Harley Quinn were also awesome.

Need more Joker.

Nolan's writing helped Heath a lot and Leto really had an extremely small role to really critique his performance. But as of now, he was not bad....with more room for improvement.
Good enough to be in that solo Batfleck movie.

Glad you liked it so much bro, I'm going to see SS on Monday and I really hope that I'll have a similar positive reaction. :yay:

Just got back and, as expected, I enjoyed it (although I admit that it does have flaws and things that people may not like). Theatre was packed too.

Glad you liked it so much bro, I'm going to see SS on Monday and I really hope that I'll have a similar positive reaction. :yay:

try go to cinema with very little expectation.

watch SS with a harmonious mind.

may be you will like it/enjoy it

Well this is the positivity thread after all :yay:

The movie is not perfect and some scenes could have been better.

Not in Nolan's Batman and Joker level but for RT to put this on Catwoman Halle Berry level is totally ridiculous.

Overall it fits well with MOS and BVS while setting up other movies.

Movie making wise, Deadpool, Antman, and Guardians of the Galaxy are probably better.....

.....BUT I'll definitely watch this again over and over and buy the DVD before those other movies.

This is definitely better than the HIGH Rated RT movies Incredible Hulk, Thor 2, and Ironman 2 and 3.

If you like MOS and BVS then most likely you will enjoy this and appreciate what this universe is setting up.

Man the trolling is.really starting to heat up. Almost time to ditch this place for a while.

There are certain bonafide mastrpieces of FILM that I can only watch once, or maybe a few times depending on my mood, whereas this was a MOVIE that I can imagine buying on blu-ray and watching over and over again, as it was well, fun.

Now the box office thread is full of naysayers saying that the film will plummet 70% in its second weekend. Folks, it's not BvS.

*sigh*

Now the box office thread is full of naysayers saying that the film will plummet 70% in its second weekend. Folks, it's not BvS.

*sigh*

The box office thread is a cesspool of negativity and completely toxic.There is big "Disney/Marvel rules DC/WB sucks" ********** going on there right now.

You know, these threads tend to get closed if you use them as a place to just ***** about people who have the nerve to have a different opinion than you. Just saying. ;)

You know, these threads tend to get closed if you use them as a place to just ***** about people who have the nerve to have a different opinion than you. Just saying. ;)

Just to be clear,I wasnt talking about you when I mentioned the Box Office Thread.You are a civil poster,who argues his points well and although I disagree with you,I respect that.I was being frustated by the other negative nancies who were just popping up to bash on the movie/franchise left right and centre.I do concede though that this is not the place to complain,but f me but that really bums a person out.
-----------
Anyway back to topic,a lot of my college friends went to see SS today and they all had a good time.Here's to me hoping this movie will have good legs.I really think so because its a fun movie.

Flawed and messy yes, but what a strange, fun experiment of a film. Metahumans Dirty Dozen meets Bride of the Joker that was always going to be a strange concoction anyway:woot: But for me they got a lot of things right like Harley of course, I never really cared for the character before and the Mr J/Puddin' stuff, I like the Joker as a loner, like Batman, but for the 1st time thanks to the writing and Margot Robbie's great performance I was on board. As for Leto, I thought it was a different, interesting take on the character, of course I wish he had much more to do and that he would be the main villain with his and Harley's story taking front place, but I'll take what I got and liked the chemistry between Robbie and Leto. I also liked that they went back to the "gangster" roots of the character.
Like I said before with all the variety we have right now in films, it's a great time to be a CBM fan.

My favorite scene is when they're all in the bar. The pace of the movie suddenly got better (I've described the first half feeling like it was edited with a weed-whacker) and I started to get a feel of a heart to the film. The group seemed like they bonded naturally in that scene, and I enjoyed actually feeling sad about Diablo's motive to stop using his powers. Then the cherry on top, *spoilers* when Flag releases them, Captain Boomerang just bolts. I loved that whole scene.

I've been very vocal about my dislike of the Joker in the film, as an overall, I liked this movie. I'm not super negative about what I saw, there's always some minor nitpicks, but I had a lot of fun watching it. I really am glad I mostly got what I wanted out of it, and I hope we see a second one before long.

Just got home from seeing SS... Hands down, Margot Robbie is da best Harley Quinn.

Sadly, knowing the downside of TBS of what went on during the editing process...I wish we, as fans, saw the better version that was test screen and got the most positive reactions. Clearly, WB felt the 'market' audiences wasn't ready for a much darker...edgier, grittier tone that ended up being trimmed down and many scenes being on the cutting room floor. Shame, they over marketed the film when the whole thing had so much potential...and the studio went in and had to ruin it by making it worse.

Aside from that, I enjoyed enough parts of the film that I knew I was going to absolutely love the hell out of...aside from Robbie's Quinn, I liked Smith's Deadshot, the dude whats his name who was in love with June...Amanda Waller...she was a good villain. I did like the backstories but wish there were more...especially regarding Harley and Joker...I wanted to see more of them.

I loved the film but alot of the stuff in the trailers were not in the movie so im hoping that we get an extended cut of the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"