Suicide Squad's positivity thread

Was really annoyed by the poor editing, there needed to be some slower moments thrown in here and there. that bar scene was a perfect example. i felt from that moment on the movie won me over because it felt less frantic and chaotic.

also that post credit scene got me excited

My favorite scene is when they're all in the bar. The pace of the movie suddenly got better (I've described the first half feeling like it was edited with a weed-whacker) and I started to get a feel of a heart to the film. The group seemed like they bonded naturally in that scene, and I enjoyed actually feeling sad about Diablo's motive to stop using his powers. Then the cherry on top, *spoilers* when Flag releases them, Captain Boomerang just bolts. I loved that whole scene.

I started to invest in the characters when Harley was so said in the rain and pretended to be cool after what happened to her puddin, and the bar scene made me feel sad for Diablo, and croc was funny, it's like hanging out with friends on a camping trip.

and yes I felt like watching the 1st act was like having weed at the same time (not that I've had it ever) and the music was loud+++

Last edited:
Yay a positivity thread. Jeeze I just wanted to see if anyone was talking about the movies successful weekend and all I hear is underperforming and comparing the DCEUs rotten tomato scores

The box office thread is a cesspool of negativity and completely toxic.There is big "Disney/Marvel rules DC/WB sucks" ********** going on there right now.

When did this become the status quo? I got the heck out of dodge when BvS came out but I didn't know a superhero board could be so anti DC especially on DC movie boards.

Last edited:
Just got back from watching it again, it's really not as bad as people are making out. However I was thinking of what would of made it even better. Potential spoiler territory.

1. Don't blow the enchantress is the villain thing immediately. Have her be on the team when they are called to a terrorist attack. Keep the rescue mission for Amanda Waller as is. Then reveal that enchantress is up to no good with the help of her brother.

2. Change the "magic machine world ending spell" to something else, perhaps related to getting enchantress free of Amanda's control.

3. More joker/Harley. Include more about their relationship, flash back to them killing Robin. Then in the bar scene when we find out about Diablo killing his kids, have Harley sympathise and show she actually regrets killing Robin, but her love for Joker keeps her bound to him and ultimately she will go back to him (in this film at least) This also opens up a future thread for her eventually leaving the Joker like she has in the comics.

4. Actually have Scott Eastwood be Dick Grayson keeping an eye on the task force X project, this also helps tie in Bruce knowing everything Amanda is up to as the end credit scene shows.
What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Count me as one of the people who enjoyed this, I just wish it had been a little longer to explain some things that came out of no where, but overall I had a lot of fun watching the movie and that's what counts for me.

Like when I saw Deadpool, I enjoyed the movie on its own, but think the experience is much better with a full audience.

Count me as one of the people who enjoyed this, I just wish it had been a little longer to explain some things that came out of no where, but overall I had a lot of fun watching the movie and that's what counts for me.

Where did you see it? I saw it in the Odeon on Switch Island and every seat was taken in the screening.

I love this Joker.

And although I've hoped for better lines/story, his performance is already the best I've seen from a live action Joker.

Can't wait to see him again.

I love this Joker.

And although I've hoped for better lines/story, his performance is already the best I've seen from a live action Joker.

Can't wait to see him again.

I liked his performance, in fact all actors gave a good performance. I just found the story a bit odd, to be honest.

They should have gone for more grounded story.

The Showcase - wow, that brings back memories - that was my nearest cinema until they built the Odeon; think I last went there about 1998.

Anywhoo, I so hope this thing has legs.

As messy as the film was at times, I couldn't really find a bad performance out of the main cast besides maybe Delevigne as Enchantress (but I still thought she was better than Eisenberg's Luthor). You can tell they really had a lot of fun making this and it showed on screen. Smith, Robbie, Leto, Courtney, Davis, and despite what others have said, I even liked Kinnaman's performance. They looked like they wanted to be there. I can't say the same for Batman v. Superman, where Affleck pretty much carried the movie (with shining moments from Jeremy Irons, of course).

i was hoping Lex would show up in the movie, but i guess hes in arkham.

I find it a good movie, I really don't understand why critics bash it. I really like the backstories of the squad.

Villain was ok, not the greatest. But the squad's camaraderie made up for it.

Harley hiding her sadness with a smile after the Joker "died" but Deadshot saw right through her and lifted her off the car, he knew too how she really felt.

El Diablo had a great scene against Enchanty's Brother. Transforming into a demon creature and him going toe-to-toe with Enchanty's Brother really got me amped up. Finally, he's letting loose, midway through the film, he was always in the background afraid to use his powers. At the end, he's embracing it. I thought that was good character development.

8/10 for my rating of this movie. Good film all in all. Remember guys Triangle b****! lol

Deadshot, Harley Quinn, and El Diablo were the three best characters from the movie imo.

Loved Harley's dialogue at the end

"I like what ya sellin lady, there's just one little problem. You messed with my friends!"

Last edited:
The Showcase - wow, that brings back memories - that was my nearest cinema until they built the Odeon; think I last went there about 1998.

Anywhoo, I so hope this thing has legs.

It's the closest to me now Edge Lane has closed, well that or town, but the parking for town puts me off.

Agreed about the legs, let's hope they are as good as Margot's are!

I find it a good movie, I really don't understand why critics bash it. I really like the backstories of the squad.

Villain was ok, not the greatest. But the squad's camaraderie made up for it.

Harley hiding her sadness with a smile after the Joker "died" but Deadshot saw right through her and lifted her off the car, he knew too how she really felt.

El Diablo had a great scene against Enchanty's Brother. Transforming into a demon creature and him going toe-to-toe with Enchanty's Brother really got me amped up. Finally, he's letting loose, midway through the film, he was always in the background afraid to use his powers. At the end, he's embracing it. I thought that was good character development.

8/10 for my rating of this movie. Good film all in all. Remember guys Triangle b****! lol

Regarding your 2nd spoiler on Diablo

I heard about that moment before seeing the move when someone on here was saying how terrible it was, so I was dreading it in the movie, yet when it arrived I loved it!

Definitely a "hell yeah" moment for me.

Just returned from a cinema, loved it!
27.gif

Gonna see it again on Friday after work to kick things off before my long weekend.

Exactly,that Diablo moment was greeted by extremely loud cheers in my hall.Everybody,including me,loved it.Definitely a fanboy moment.

Regarding your 2nd spoiler on Diablo

I heard about that moment before seeing the move when someone on here was saying how terrible it was, so I was dreading it in the movie, yet when it arrived I loved it!

Definitely a "hell yeah" moment for me.

It got me punching the air that's for sure, lol. What a great moment. Definitely buying this on Blu-Ray when it comes out for home release.

Oh also, small thing, but I LOVED in the very beginning before the film starts how they displayed the production logos for DC Entertainment and RatPac Ent etc with the Suicide Squad colors and that theme swelling in the background. It was a nice change of pace form the usual somber logo introductions and just gave you this vibe that you're about to watch something very different and it gets you pumped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"