Suicide Squad's positivity thread

Discussion in 'Suicide Squad' started by Kyle, Aug 2, 2016.

1. SuperAl Superman's back!

Was really annoyed by the poor editing, there needed to be some slower moments thrown in here and there. that bar scene was a perfect example. i felt from that moment on the movie won me over because it felt less frantic and chaotic.

also that post credit scene got me excited

2. Greenlite Registered

I started to invest in the characters when Harley was so said in the rain and pretended to be cool after what happened to her puddin, and the bar scene made me feel sad for Diablo, and croc was funny, it's like hanging out with friends on a camping trip.

and yes I felt like watching the 1st act was like having weed at the same time (not that I've had it ever) and the music was loud+++

#127 Greenlite, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  3. MydnightPhoenix Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Yay a positivity thread. Jeeze I just wanted to see if anyone was talking about the movies successful weekend and all I hear is underperforming and comparing the DCEUs rotten tomato scores

When did this become the status quo? I got the heck out of dodge when BvS came out but I didn't know a superhero board could be so anti DC especially on DC movie boards.

#128 MydnightPhoenix, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  4. Joined:
    Jan 31, 2007
    Just got back from watching it again, it's really not as bad as people are making out. However I was thinking of what would of made it even better. Potential spoiler territory.

1. Don't blow the enchantress is the villain thing immediately. Have her be on the team when they are called to a terrorist attack. Keep the rescue mission for Amanda Waller as is. Then reveal that enchantress is up to no good with the help of her brother.

2. Change the "magic machine world ending spell" to something else, perhaps related to getting enchantress free of Amanda's control.

3. More joker/Harley. Include more about their relationship, flash back to them killing Robin. Then in the bar scene when we find out about Diablo killing his kids, have Harley sympathise and show she actually regrets killing Robin, but her love for Joker keeps her bound to him and ultimately she will go back to him (in this film at least) This also opens up a future thread for her eventually leaving the Joker like she has in the comics.

4. Actually have Scott Eastwood be Dick Grayson keeping an eye on the task force X project, this also helps tie in Bruce knowing everything Amanda is up to as the end credit scene shows.
    What do you guys think?

#129 uchiha_itachi, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  5. AVEITWITHJAMON Badass Cloud

Count me as one of the people who enjoyed this, I just wish it had been a little longer to explain some things that came out of no where, but overall I had a lot of fun watching the movie and that's what counts for me.

6. NotNickFury Registered

Like when I saw Deadpool, I enjoyed the movie on its own, but think the experience is much better with a full audience.

7. Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Where did you see it? I saw it in the Odeon on Switch Island and every seat was taken in the screening.

8. mohoo Registered

I love this Joker.

And although I've hoped for better lines/story, his performance is already the best I've seen from a live action Joker.

Can't wait to see him again.

9. Micromind Registered

I liked his performance, in fact all actors gave a good performance. I just found the story a bit odd, to be honest.

They should have gone for more grounded story.

10. AVEITWITHJAMON Badass Cloud

Showcase BB every seat wasn't taken but it was pretty packed.

11. Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

The Showcase - wow, that brings back memories - that was my nearest cinema until they built the Odeon; think I last went there about 1998.

Anywhoo, I so hope this thing has legs.

12. Drizzle Penguin Silvia

As messy as the film was at times, I couldn't really find a bad performance out of the main cast besides maybe Delevigne as Enchantress (but I still thought she was better than Eisenberg's Luthor). You can tell they really had a lot of fun making this and it showed on screen. Smith, Robbie, Leto, Courtney, Davis, and despite what others have said, I even liked Kinnaman's performance. They looked like they wanted to be there. I can't say the same for Batman v. Superman, where Affleck pretty much carried the movie (with shining moments from Jeremy Irons, of course).

13. SuperAl Superman's back!

i was hoping Lex would show up in the movie, but i guess hes in arkham.

14. Ioini League of Assassin Member

I find it a good movie, I really don't understand why critics bash it. I really like the backstories of the squad.

Villain was ok, not the greatest. But the squad's camaraderie made up for it.

Harley hiding her sadness with a smile after the Joker "died" but Deadshot saw right through her and lifted her off the car, he knew too how she really felt.

El Diablo had a great scene against Enchanty's Brother. Transforming into a demon creature and him going toe-to-toe with Enchanty's Brother really got me amped up. Finally, he's letting loose, midway through the film, he was always in the background afraid to use his powers. At the end, he's embracing it. I thought that was good character development.

8/10 for my rating of this movie. Good film all in all. Remember guys Triangle b****! lol

15. Xrated48 Drink It In Man

Deadshot, Harley Quinn, and El Diablo were the three best characters from the movie imo.

16. brandeezy89 Registered

Loved Harley's dialogue at the end

"I like what ya sellin lady, there's just one little problem. You messed with my friends!"

#141 brandeezy89, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  17. AVEITWITHJAMON Badass Cloud

It's the closest to me now Edge Lane has closed, well that or town, but the parking for town puts me off.

Agreed about the legs, let's hope they are as good as Margot's are!

Regarding your 2nd spoiler on Diablo

I heard about that moment before seeing the move when someone on here was saying how terrible it was, so I was dreading it in the movie, yet when it arrived I loved it!

Definitely a "hell yeah" moment for me.

18. Consona Registered

Just returned from a cinema, loved it! [​IMG]

19. DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

Gonna see it again on Friday after work to kick things off before my long weekend.

20. idiot09 Living in a society

Exactly,that Diablo moment was greeted by extremely loud cheers in my hall.Everybody,including me,loved it.Definitely a fanboy moment.

21. Ioini League of Assassin Member

It got me punching the air that's for sure, lol. What a great moment. Definitely buying this on Blu-Ray when it comes out for home release.

22. Ovech-king Registered

weak plot but definitly fun and highly rewatchable because of that

23. Micromind Registered

Indeed.

24. kguillou Registered

Oh also, small thing, but I LOVED in the very beginning before the film starts how they displayed the production logos for DC Entertainment and RatPac Ent etc with the Suicide Squad colors and that theme swelling in the background. It was a nice change of pace form the usual somber logo introductions and just gave you this vibe that you're about to watch something very different and it gets you pumped.

25. Ita-KalEl Registered

This movie is a box office success. Very positive :)