Suicide Squad's positivity thread

Oh also, small thing, but I LOVED in the very beginning before the film starts how they displayed the production logos for DC Entertainment and RatPac Ent etc with the Suicide Squad colors and that theme swelling in the background. It was a nice change of pace form the usual somber logo introductions and just gave you this vibe that you're about to watch something very different and it gets you pumped.

Was the opening scene quite dark around the edges on purpose or was it just my cinema? Never noticed it in other movies.

I liked it. I'd say the majority of the complaints about the film are justified. That said , I just don't think the GA has as high a bar for a film of largely unknown property to the mainstream .

So while diehard fans and film critics may have expected or wanted more from SS, I really doubt the mainstream had as high of expectations for this film as they did for BvS.

In that sense, the film has gotten much more of a pass than BvS did. Even the mixed reaction to the film doesn't have the same polarized intensity that MOS or BvS did.

Oh also, small thing, but I LOVED in the very beginning before the film starts how they displayed the production logos for DC Entertainment and RatPac Ent etc with the Suicide Squad colors and that theme swelling in the background. It was a nice change of pace form the usual somber logo introductions and just gave you this vibe that you're about to watch something very different and it gets you pumped.

I love it when blockbusters are creative with their logos/opening titles.

[YT]bf6fYEzxayE[/YT]

Haven't seen him in much lately because most of the time I don't like him. Here I did though.

I also liked Boomerang.

I have always liked him, but I just felt his movies over the last few years were not stuff I was interested in. I also thought his persona would take over the character of Deadshot in the movie, but that didn't really happen too much.

I have always liked him, but I just felt his movies over the last few years were not stuff I was interested in. I also thought his persona would take over the character of Deadshot in the movie, but that didn't really happen too much.

That's what I was afraid of as well, that it'd be Will Smith in a Deadshot suit, but I never thought of him as "Will Smith" during the movie.

I wish he'd wear that mask more often though.

That's what I was afraid of as well, that it'd be Will Smith in a Deadshot suit, but I never thought of him as "Will Smith" during the movie.

I wish he'd wear that mask more often though.

Yeah agree about the mask, but that was my only complaint really. But I liked that despite a big movie star playing him, the character of Deadshot still shined through.

I haven't enjoyed Will since I am Legend. He has been trying so hard to do these super serious, dramatic roles but it just....doesn't work for him. I mean, did Concussion look even remotely good to ANYbody? I actually liked Focus, though. It was a slight return to form and a step in the right direction for Will, plus his chemistry with Margot was sizzling.

Will is at his best when he is being charming and funny and charismatic. I loved what he did with Deadshot. He definitely carried the movie.

I also liked Boomerang.

When people aren't trying to shoe horn Courtney into the bland American action hero role, he's perfectly okay. Playing a beer drinking, wise cracking Aussie is perfect for him, because he is one. Just like every other bloke in Australia.

I haven't enjoyed Will since I am Legend. He has been trying so hard to do these super serious, dramatic roles but it just....doesn't work for him. I mean, did Concussion look even remotely good to ANYbody? I actually liked Focus, though. It was a slight return to form and a step in the right direction for Will, plus his chemistry with Margot was sizzling.

Will is at his best when he is being charming and funny and charismatic. I loved what he did with Deadshot. He definitely carried the movie.

Do you think he can carry a sequel, or does he needs Margot to team up to carry the film together?

Do you think he can carry a sequel, or does he needs Margot to team up to carry the film together?

He and Margot were great together. When WB greenlights a sequel, getting Smith and Robbie back is a top priority.

I read that Ayer and Smith signed a deal for a SS sequel back in March, or were expected to after wrapping Bright.

He and Margot were great together. When WB greenlights a sequel, getting Smith and Robbie back is a top priority.

I read that Ayer and Smith signed a deal for a SS sequel back in March, or were expected to after wrapping Bright.

Bright is been scrapped apparently, that's a shame, so they are trying to make SS2 ready for 2018? There are July, Oct dates, and June (JL2), Nov for 2019 (rumors saying Harley for 2019). I have a feeling that they might delay JL2 to free up that date for other films, so we might end up with

2018 July - Flash, Oct - SS2
2019 June/July - Batman, Nov - Harley

and delay Aquaman to March 2019 to get the water stuff right.

Then they still have WW2 for 2020, Cyborg might partner up that time but if there's no demand and people want Superman then Cyborg and GL might have to wait for that JL2 to happen before going solo.

I feel like BvS and MoS opening set the mood for the films too yeah.

I think Will Smith did the right thing by refusing Independence Day: Resurgence, and chose to play Deadshot. I remember people saying that was the wrong move, but now it looks like he did the right thing.

I really liked the strange but lived in feel they gave the world, sort of a textured surrealism which reminded me a lot of the Arkham games. I hope they continue to give many of the DCEU movies different tones and looks like how different this is from the last two.

I think Will Smith did the right thing by refusing Independence Day: Resurgence, and chose to play Deadshot. I remember people saying that was the wrong move, but now it looks like he did the right thing.
Yeah. Deadshot had my favourite scenes in the movie. Getting his client to double the contract money. Proving his accuracy skills with the guns, hitting the same spot each time. The ending conversation with his daughter. And just his general demeanour. Will brought his A game and for that alone, I'd watch the film again.

I'm sure people have already said it but the Squad itself was very good.

Waller's personality was spot on.

The Enchantress was creepy.

Saw this again tonight, still enjoyed it, gave me some fun on a night I really needed it. My family enjoyed it also and the cinema was busier than I was expecting as well.

Hello, im new but I've been lurking for a while. I loved the film and im watching it again today. The cast was perfect but i missed the bar scene from the trailers..

Hello, im new but I've been lurking for a while. I loved the film and im watching it again today. The cast was perfect but i missed the bar scene from the trailers..
Welcome to the forums. Good to hear you liked the movie.

Well from what I've heard he could have turnded down Independence Day to have a BBQ and it would have been the right decision.

My initial reaction was I was a little bored. I loved mos and BVS like crazy. Deep stories. This just felt so flimsy and I just didn't care about any of the characters. When it comes out on disc I'll give it another go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"