Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that they do t-shirts an mugs and other such things... I guess...:hmm

But it looks like you can't design your own?

And what is "relaxed fit"?

Which is the best fitting T-shirt? I hate T-shirts where the sleeves are too baggy, or the whole thing is really stiff. I prefer fitted T-shirts, but am not sure which category applies to that. What did you get?

Yeah, so they could have had a nomination for that category this year for Chyler.

They could have but they didnt. Candace was the only one to grab a nom that wasnt from 2 shows, TWD/WW/AHS dominated the other fields.

But it looks like you can't design your own?

And what is "relaxed fit"?

Which is the best fitting T-shirt? I hate T-shirts where the sleeves are too baggy, or the whole thing is really stiff. I prefer fitted T-shirts, but am not sure which category applies to that. What did you get?

Gotcha now! There is a 'create a t-shirt' section here,
https://www.teepublic.com/designs/new

As the for the size I got, it's XL, but at first I thought it might be a little too tight. But it felt just right after I put it on. I put it into the wash and it says 'pre-shrunk,' so I hope that's true.:cwink:

And relaxed fit I guess is just like pants, there are some that are fitted and other that are more 'relaxed...'

Last edited:
Gotcha now! There is a 'create a t-shirt' section here,
https://www.teepublic.com/designs/new

As the for the size I got, it's XL, but at first I thought it might be a little too tight. But it felt just right after I put it on. I put it into the wash and it says 'pre-shrunk,' so I hope that's true.:cwink:

And relaxed fit I guess is just like pants, there are some that are fitted and other that are more 'relaxed...'

Ok thanks. What are the sleeves like on a standard one - eg the one you bought? Are they baggy or fitted? I definitely don't want relaxed fit.

Because they probably feel people will be more amused by the subtle references. Lots of people like Easter Eggs in their show. What's funny about Kara saying Superman once worked with Batman?

I like Easter eggs too, but it was still a terrible piece of dialogue. You misunderstood the other part - I said "all gadgets and demons" worked.

Ok thanks. What are the sleeves like on a standard one - eg the one you bought? Are they baggy or fitted? I definitely don't want relaxed fit.

They're not baggy, and not tight. I tried it on again after wash/dry and it did tighten up a leetle... Nothing a little stretching don't cure, but something to keep in mind. Maybe go one size higher than usual - or do what I have to do, such as stick with exercising this spring...:whatever:

I don't recall if the news of iZombie's Rahul Kohli joining the show was posted, but he'll be playing Lena's former flame Jack Spheer (aka Biomax in the comics) and just tweeted this:

RahulKohliTweet_zpsxupjtyab.jpeg

I'm assuming he'll be making his debut in 2x18.

Yep and the episode is called Ace Reporter.

What would be the point of cancelling Flash only to make way for a potentially lesser version on the big screen, and to allow the current DCEU movies to exist freely when they're not even that well received?

The point would be "Avoiding confusion and brand dilution."

Which is to say, the *actual* reason would be "Because I don't want competition, and I want to show off how much control I have." Corporate turf war.

What would be the point of cancelling Flash only to make way for a potentially lesser version on the big screen, and to allow the current DCEU movies to exist freely when they're not even that well received?
The point would be "Avoiding confusion and brand dilution."

Which is to say, the *actual* reason would be "Because I don't want competition, and I want to show off how much control I have." Corporate turf war.

I don't think it is about power at all.

Studio executives simply don't think that the audience can two similar projects at the same time.

For example, Mission Impossible Rogue Nation and Rogue One. Supposedly Lucasfilm had to refrain from from using the movie's title anything promotional for a certain period during and after the other films release.

When the first Avengers movie came out, it had it's name changed in the UK because of a TV show that ran from 1961-1969 (and a 1998 movie with Sean Connery) called 'The Avengers'

Apparently we're too thick to be able to know the difference between them and the Avengers movie...

I think that had more to do with who had the rights to the name The Avengers in the UK. Glee had to change it's name overseas.

When the first Avengers movie came out, it had it's name changed in the UK because of a TV show that ran from 1961-1969 (and a 1998 movie with Sean Connery) called 'The Avengers'

Apparently we're too thick to be able to know the difference between them and the Avengers movie...

I think that had more to do with who had the rights to the name The Avengers in the UK. Glee had to change it's name overseas.

Yes, I am certain that was the issue with Avengers.

I actually think it is the better movie title.

What did Glee change its name to overseas? I've only ever known it as Glee here in the UK.

Back onto the Supergirl T-shirt subject, who is this Superman meant to be?

OPm7lcw.png

It doesn't look like Tyler Hoechlin. Not sure if it's meant to be Cavill.

What did Glee change its name to overseas? I've only ever known it as Glee here in the UK.

It doesn't look like Tyler Hoechlin. Not sure if it's meant to be Cavill.

It looks kinda like him. Somewhat... Like the Supergirl there looks similar to Benoist. It's possible that they cannot do an exact likeness or they
could find themselves in some trouble. But that's fine for me. Close enough, you know?:yay:

Last edited:
The director of tonight's ep tweeted some BTS pics:

Supergirl35WUAAwNYS.jpg_large_zps4fqvnbkh.jpeg

SupergirlAAvQxW.jpg_large_zpsru0vqsif.jpeg

SupergirlAE8oAY.jpg_large_zpsgfa8iix5.jpeg

Supergirl saving Lena was such a Superman/Lois moment.

It was a good episode... predictable, but good. some really nice CGI as well.

LOL you're not wrong.

Also, here's that short promo for the Flash musical ep that aired during "Exodus":

Last edited:

To be fair, When I was a kid, I saw a listing for that show in TV Guide and thought there really was a Captain America/Iron Man show I couldn't stay up for about a month until I figured it out. I really laugh at myself for that one.

Yeah, my TV guide listing has used the description for the wrong Avengers movie on at least two occasions and even though I was a superhero fan as a kid, I wasn't into Marvel characters beyond Spidey and X-Men (thanks to the cartoons), so when I heard "The Avengers," my first thought used to go to Steed and Peele as well (thanks to the terrible movie adaptation, lol). And I'm in the U.S., so the confusion is (or was) real here too. I can only imagine it's more so in the UK since The Avengers is such an iconic Brit show.

Last edited:

With this silly but very cute picture of Katie McGrath and Melissa Benoist going round...

16907081_382145565506170_3039203473800298496_n.jpg

I was kind of expecting...

SG: Easy Miss Luthor, I've got you.

Lena: (looking into supergirl's eyes) Well, if you've got me, who's got you?

I COULDN'T RESISIT IT; I HAD TO DO IT!​

And those shipper crazy social media pushers are really pushing Supercorp. Look I'm rooting for Kara and Lena to be besties. And given in last night's ep Lena lost her secretary to Cadmus as a mole and Kara has been given the heave ho from Catco (barring some miracle from James who is Snapper's boss), Lena may have found her new secretary. BUT...Lena does not know Supergirl and Kara Danvers are one and the same.

Have we talked about this yet?
tumblr_om21muKc371w64z6jo1_1280.jpg

I know I am behind the times...but you can just tell that as Kevin Smith was tweeting that he was giggling thinking "Look at the cool stuff I get to do!!".

1. Dear lord, Melissa looks AMAZING in those outfits. Oh and Grant doesn't look half-bad himself.

2. Team Flash and Team Supergirl finally getting to meet/interact, YES!!

3. Music Meister, awesome.

4. More Barry/Kara goodness, yes!!

1. Dear lord, Melissa looks AMAZING in those outfits. Oh and Grant doesn't look half-bad himself.

2. Team Flash and Team Supergirl finally getting to meet/interact, YES!!

3. Music Meister, awesome.

4. More Barry/Kara goodness, yes!!

That black number she wears with the gloves...:ilv:H BABY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"