Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - - - Part 12

That is going to be tough to do, but we can try....most are use to movie spoiler forums and non-spoiler forums, we dont have those with the TV series...

That is going to be tough to do, but we can try....most are use to movie spoiler forums and non-spoiler forums, we dont have those with the TV series...
Of course some overlap and spoilers are expected. Personally I’m more concerned about wading through CoIE stuff to get to the Supergirl news on this thread than I am about spoilers. Use your best judgment if you’re post is mostly CoIE not Supergirl related use that thread. That way people like me who aren’t that hyped about CoIE or those who wish to limit spoilers can avoid that thread.

giphy.gif

Kind of sad, kind of not. They never really got the Jimmy side of James Olsen down.

Kind of sad, kind of not. They never really got the Jimmy side of James Olsen down.

What Jimmy side? :o

He's practically a different character. Maybe they could give him a younger brother now whose name is also Jimmy, just like in Smallville. But don't get Mechad's younger brother Billy. He looks like another alpha male and makes frequent appearances on Double Toasted.

Though now I fear this means Winn's return might become more permanent soon after his 3-episode arc. Oh well, as long as he and Brainy don't swap out again.

What Jimmy side? :o

He's practically a different character. Maybe they could give him a younger brother now whose name is also Jimmy, just like in Smallville. But don't get Mechad's younger brother Billy. He looks like another alpha male and makes frequent appearances on Double Toasted.

That's the whole point of the "Jimmy" side. They never got it down because they steered clear of anything to do with that side of the character.

This is not a surprise to see James Olsen leaving around Crisis as they didn't know what to do with him and he likely knew it.

Unless they develop a Superman show, that is where he fits in best. He has no place in Supergirl.

This is not a surprise to see James Olsen leaving around Crisis as they didn't know what to do with him and he likely knew it.

Unless they develop a Superman show, that is where he fits in best. He has no place in Supergirl.

I don't think he'd really fit in on a Superman show either. He doesn't really provide enough of a contrast to Superman. Winn would've been a better Jimmy Olsen.

I don't remember if Brooks has even had any scenes with Tyler Hoechlin before.

If he cant fit in a Supergirl show he sure as hell cant fit in a Superman show.

He could if he served his traditional role as BFF/sidekick. The problem on Supergirl was they tried to make him into a leading man, which no version of Jimmy should ever be.

Most definitely why I feel he would fit in Superman's show than Supergirl's.

Though now I fear this means Winn's return might become more permanent soon after his 3-episode arc. Oh well, as long as he and Brainy don't swap out again.
Jeremey doesn't want to move back to Vancouver and be away from his wife again even more so now that they have a baby. New York is their home, they're Broadway actors who also do film. The only way I could see Jeremey coming back full time is if Ashley got a part on a show that shoots in Vancouver. If anyone's ever coming back from the future to stay it's Mon-El and I don't really see that happening either but it would certainly be logistically more doable.

Jeremey doesn't want to move back to Vancouver and be away from his wife again even more so now that they have a baby. New York is their home, they're Broadway actors who also do film. The only way I could see Jeremey coming back full time is if Ashley got a part on a show that shoots in Vancouver. If anyone's ever coming back from the future to stay it's Mon-El and I don't really see that happening either but it would certainly be logistically more doable.
Good point about Jeremy. Not here for Mon-El, either. But I just realized, Andrea took the new regular slot that Mehcad is vacating on the payroll, so maybe no one's coming back full-time. I just don't trust the higher-ups not to demand they bring another male cast-member on board to join the regular cast soon. I love how female-skewed it is, but I doubt the network does. I fear a new Kara love-interest is imminent. :nrv:

I wonder deep down if the cast and crew of Supergirl want to move the show back down to LA like in the 1st season.

I'm okay with it, other than a muted pang, in that he has been there from the start.
But he has never fit into the persona of Jimmy Olson. I know they tried to do something different with the character, as no one can stay as a cub photographer forever, but they just didn't hit the Duck/Swan analogy right.

What didn't help was that Jimmy had always been a nerdy redhead, and not a towering, black man, so that was a bit jarring. However, if they had started the character as if he had looked like Urkel...:hehe:

If they wanted him black, they could've made him a nerdy black guy rather than someone who looks more like Green Lantern or even Steel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"