Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaaawww, and the fact that she has pissed a Redskin fan off makes me love her even more.....hahahahahahahahaha

will there be some new villains created? There need to be new villains, male and female.

Have some more rescue based adventures- fires, floods, earthquakes, blizzards, etc.

Tone down the nerdiness of Kara's civilian guise. It worked okay for season 1 but it's at risk of being horribly cliché.

We will probably see plenty of new villains...
I agree....
No way, I love her nerdiness, keep it up...

Tone down the nerdiness of Kara's civilian guise. It worked okay for season 1 but it's at risk of being horribly cliché.

You can't "tone down" who you are, and the dork is who Kara is. She might come out of her shell more as she matures and become a bit more sure of herself and less outwardly 'nerdy', but she's never going to completely lose the dorkier aspects of her personality and her character no matter how much more maturity she gains, because that's just who she is.

they need to make her more mature. She damn near acted like a silly teenage girl many times, especially when dealing with romance. She's mid 20s. No reason to have her come across like she's 15.

Can you give examples of those "many times"?

The closest I ever saw to a "silly teenage girl" was in the coffee shop when she is talking with Alex and James shows up.

I love nerdy, adorkable Kara!! :ilv:

hope to see that personality in Kara's Rebirth comic, too.

Can you give examples of those "many times"?

The closest I ever saw to a "silly teenage girl" was in the coffee shop when she is talking with Alex and James shows up.

No, i cant think of anything specific. Just an observation ive made over the coarse of watching it the past year. Its usualy in conjunction with the romance stuff which I wish they'd downplay as its the worse part of the show

Having a blah day on this Monday? Well how about some SUPER BLOOPERS to help you? Found these 30-seconds clips of all the hijinx that went on during the first season, including bleeps, funny faces, and a dancing Supergirl (be still my heart if Melissa Benoist doesn't do a spin better than Lynda Carter!)...these will put a smile on your face at minimum make you laugh out loud at maximum. I think you may find these on the blooper reel on the DVD set.

PART 1

[YT]Nex3JmV5DUM[/YT]

Part 2

[YT]J_GJnhUGVW4[/YT]

Meanwhile...filming on season 2 has begun. Mehcad Brooks on his Instagram from Vancouver, BC well breaks the bottle of champagne on the SS CW SUPERGIRL...

CoOUGE2WgAQ7g0l.jpg

And we're off. Up, up and away.

Sooo looks like they are at Kara's apartment for the first day.

they need to make her more mature. She damn near acted like a silly teenage girl many times, especially when dealing with romance. She's mid 20s. No reason to have her come across like she's 15.

Mid-20s? Even women in their mid-30s can be immature when it comes to dealing with romance and get over emotional, obsessive or can't handle certain things. I used to think that the older people got, the more settled and mature they would be, but that doesn't always seem to be the case. It really depends on the individual, not whether someone is a certain age or not.

Mid-20s? Even women in their mid-30s can be immature when it comes to dealing with romance and get over emotional, obsessive or can't handle certain things. I used to think that the older people got, the more settled and mature they would be, but that doesn't always seem to be the case. It really depends on the individual, not whether someone is a certain age or not.

besides, Kara is an alien. :o

That makes sense to me. I get the impression that Kara didn't have all of the ordinary "teenage" and "young adult" experiences that most people do because she feared people learning her secret. I doubt Kara dated much in high school, so it would make sense for her to behave like a teenager when it comes to romance. In a lot of ways, Kara is only just now going through her adolescence, even though she's a 20 something year old woman. Kara has led a lot of her life deliberately closed off from other people and society as a whole. It seemed like Alex and perhaps Winn were really her only lifelines to the outside world.

Sure, she'll mature now as both Kara and Supergirl, but her story makes sense to me.

Sooo looks like they are at Kara's apartment for the first day.

My joint favourite set on the show. On the villains I think they'll dip into all of DC rather than just Supergirl's own rogues.

Maybe it's just the fact that I'm a little bit deflated right now with politics-related worry, but I'm starting to get extremely antsy when it comes to the status of Supergirl's Series Regulars and the makeup of the show's Main Cast.

It seems more than a bit unusual to me that, even with filming on Season 2 now officially underway, we still haven't heard who'll be playing one of the brand-new series regular roles that is being added (Lena Luthor) and still don't know, ultimately, if all of the existing series regular roles will carry over from the first season.

As far as Lena Luthor, she may not be in the first few episodes and therefore no announcement is needed at this very moment.

As far as the most obvious one that no one talked about....Peter Facinelli may not be coming back, although he did a comic con this summer with Ali Adler and Mehcad Brooks, it is weird that he was not brought up BY ANYONE at SDCC....maybe it was a contract issue or something....or he may very well be coming back and it just wasn't mentioned. He's been in Italy since July 13th, so maybe that is why he wasn't at SDCC.

I'm only wondering/worried about Lena because of the role being a Series Regular part.

Well, Rapaport Casting has done a fantastic job so far, I'm sure when the right time comes we will hear of the casting.

Has anyone heard anything about the order of the rerun eps on the CW? I heard would be in original airdate order (meaning 4 & 5 still switched( which, if true, doesn't make sense.

The first pics of Melissa on the set in Vancouver have come up on social media. Despite someone taking a picture through a fence it seems, it's Melissa in her Supergirl outfit and in tow is her super dog Milli. It's as if wherever Melissa goes, her mascot can't be far behind. Here is one of them.

CoVcTR9WEAQ4-i3.jpg

Well, what's next gang? Donuts?

Always creeps me out when people take pics like that.....I don't know, its just weird that is obvious she doesn't know someone is watching her through a power lens....just creepy.

Although....Milli seems to always know where the camera is....LOL

Has anyone heard anything about the order of the rerun eps on the CW? I heard would be in original airdate order (meaning 4 & 5 still switched( which, if true, doesn't make sense.

Good question, I have a feeling that they will be in the correct order.

Wow. Have they beefed up the shoulder padding? Or has Benoist been seriously working out? Her shoulders look huge in that photo, especially in comparison to her narrow waist. Maybe it's just the camera angle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"