Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is again perception....and that is fine, people are going to have different perceptions.

To me, it wasn't forced at all, I hear that stuff all the time in my daily life...it is normal to me. BUT, I do understand that it was quite a shock to some that have not heard it in such a way before....

And that's fine. Again, the ideas that were being expressed were ones that I agreed with. They just weren't expressed in the best way, even if that sort of talk is normal in certain circles.

Edit: and now that I read my other post up there, it kind of comes off as harsh....I didn't mean it that way.

I didn't think it was harsh at all, personally.

As far as feminist outlooks on comic book shows, I think there were three approaches

-I feel like with Agent Carter they set out to make a show about female empowerment without a really good concept behind it. It's like their entire thesis was feminism, then tried to shoehorn in a show around it

-With Supergirl I feel like they just set out to make a superhero show, then crammed feminist tones into it in the least sublte way possible

-With Jessica Jones I feel like they had a great story to tell with great characters, and it just happened to echo and highlight certain feminist issues as it went about it

I think Jessica Jones went about it the best way while Agent Carter went about it the worst way. To me Agent Carter is the most hollow, boring comic book show in recent memory. Supergirl got a lot better as it went along because the characters became humanized rather than just analogs for sophomoric interpretations of feminist rhetoric.

EDIT:
Forgot about iZombie, which again I think takes a much more natural and intelligent approach

Interesting. I need to finally watch JJ and get back into iZ.

Yes spot on.

I think when you do this you actually create the reverse effect aswell. You bring to much attention to it.

Oh, definitely.

Jessica Jones was great.....its driving me nuts that they are taking so dang long for the 2nd season.

I never understood why people made such a big deal with the JJ vs. SG drivel on Twitter....I love both of the shows.

Well, it's like the whole DC vs Marvel debates or when people compare Arrow to Flash. People compare just because they can't possibly accept that people like both.

Jessica Jones was great.....its driving me nuts that they are taking so dang long for the 2nd season.

I never understood why people made such a big deal with the JJ vs. SG drivel on Twitter....I love both of the shows.

I thought it was awful myself but to each their own.

Even with that feeling though JJ vs SG was a dumb comparison to make and I was so glad to see both shows leads shut that down pretty quickly.

I guess the feminist and 'girl-power' stuff just went over my head. I've just been enjoying the show!

As for Jessica Jones, I tried watching a couple of episodes, and it just came off as way too dark for me.

I thought it was awful myself but to each their own.

Even with that feeling though JJ vs SG was a dumb comparison to make and I was so glad to see both shows leads shut that down pretty quickly.

Yes they did, and I was glad that their voices of reason were heard.

More BTS pics...

If you are not following this site you should....they are doing a fantastic job keeping us in the know on the set of Supergirl... http://yvrshoots.com/2016/08/shoot-...t-clark-kent-tyler-hoechlin-in-vancouver.html

Follow them on twitter: @yvrshoots

funqtk.jpg

QDBQQU.jpg

zrSYRc.jpg

kGZ6ed.jpg

HNTg0e.jpg

Yes they did, and I was glad that their voices of reason were heard.

It was nice to see the two praise one another. When it comes to the movies we've of course seen some playful digs but in the flip side we've also seen some people dig (coughs* Anthony Mackie) it was really nice to see that from Melissa and Krysten.

Really can't wait to see Tyler and Melissa act together on screen. Those set pics looks really promising!!

Are all these set pics that we see how the actual angles are going to be? Or is there any chance that they will shoot with more forced angles and Clark will actually appear taller than he is next to either Kara or Jimmy?

This pic...

HNTg0e.jpg

SUCH CUTENESS! It's like Clark saying to Kara..."come on, I'll get you some donuts...my treat." I HAD TO SAY TO SAY THE "D" WORD. But...there was one other pic that caught my eye.

Co9p5tvWcAAxpEu.jpg

This TV news truck has the call letters "WEBD" which will make one assume Metropolis is on the East Coast. Many Nat City TV stations have a "K" in their calls b/c one can assume L.A. And I happen to see the channel number...11. I think it's a wink and a nod to WPIX-TV in NYC, but that's just me.

But, and permit me to go a bit Winn Schott on you, I remember reading in the 80's Superman comics, Clark Kent worked for WGBS-TV for Galaxy Broadcasting System.

Now here is some very interesting TV trivia, local style. In Philly in the 1980's there was a UHF independent station called WGBS-TV Philly 57, for Milton Grant's Grant Broadcasting System. WGBS became WPSG in 1995 when the UPN Network started up and Paramount Stations Group ran it. The station is now Philly's CW affiliate, owned by CBS, which owns KYW-TV 3, which aired Supergirl's first season. And now of course CW Philly 57 airs Supergirl.

It was nice to see the two praise one another. When it comes to the movies we've of course seen some playful digs but in the flip side we've also seen some people dig (coughs* Anthony Mackie) it was really nice to see that from Melissa and Krysten.

I remember how the two of them gave mad props to each other on Twitter.

Are all these set pics that we see how the actual angles are going to be? Or is there any chance that they will shoot with more forced angles and Clark will actually appear taller than he is next to either Kara or Jimmy?

The still shots are not from the studio....they are from people visiting the set.

I don't see that at all, but ok....and even if that is true....he wasn't exactly coherent at the DEO.

I wasn't feeling him as Superman but man do I like those Clark Kent & Kara pics. I wonder what they're relationship would be on the show? Would they say that they're cousins? Kat knows Clark is adopted and doesn't know his real parents. She also knows Kara is adopted. Why or how would they be cousins?

Is Kat going to figure out Clark is Superman as well if she already suspects Kara is Supergirl?

And I hope Kat is in on Kara's secret this season instead of either playing dumb or looking stupid.

Is Kat going to figure out Clark is Superman as well if she already suspects Kara is Supergirl?

And I hope Kat is in on Kara's secret this season instead of either playing dumb or looking stupid.

Well, Cat did peg her last season as the Girl of Steel, the same way she accurately pegged Barry as the Flash. And she was quite convinced, right up until J'onn shape-shifted into Supergirl and stood in Cat's office right beside Kara.

Cat was noticeably chagrined, and I'm sure to be extremely pissed if she ever does find out the truth again!

As for Kara's public relationship with Clark, it will more than likely be explained as simply as Clark being a good friend of James'.

I hope tumblr fans don't try to ship Kara and Clark together. We don't want a repeat of Olicity because of them.

I hope tumblr fans don't try to ship Kara and Clark together. We don't want a repeat of Olicity because of them.

Um... I'm 100% certain that they wouldn't go through with that even if it was the most Tumbl'd thing on Tumblr to ever Tumbl.

Um... I'm 100% certain that they wouldn't go through with that even if it was the most Tumbl'd thing on Tumblr to ever Tumbl.

I agree.....they are 1st cousins.........but if we hear banjos......:csad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"